Want to enjoy water sport in the warm water of the Caribbean when you charter a luxury sailing or motor yacht in the Virgin Islands?
Most of the crewed yacht charters carry every type of water sport equipment you could imagine. From tubing to Scuba diving, there is not a dull moment on board. Your crew will take care of your every need. They will fit you with the right size equipment, guide and instruct you in the correct use and the tender can be used to take you on a thrill ride. The other fun option is to just sit on a blow-up flamingo or similar and get that suntan you have been waiting for.
Here are a few activities not to be missed if you like being in the water:
- Stand-up Paddle boarding – Most of the yachts carry at least one, but mostly 2.
- Kayaking – Great for singles or couples getting close to shore exploring the reefs.
- Knee-boarding – Lots of fun as you swerve and weave across the wake of the tender.
- Wake-boarding – Jump a few wakes or just go straight, you can be as adventurous as you want to be.
- Tubing – A blow up doughnut shaped ring gets a lot of screams when towed behind the tender.
- Water-Ski – This is not as popular as it used to be, but still fun.
- Snorkeling – all gear aboard for all sizes. Slip into the water right from the stern of the boat or a short ride to a favorite spot chosen by the crew.
- SCUBA diving – some vessels carry full gear and the crew is certified to take you diving and some are certified instructors. (Restrictions apply) Other boats offer rendezvous diving with local dive operators who will pick you up and drop you off after your dive. A more comprehensive blog will follow on this subject. Look for it soon.
(Don’t forget the Sunscreen and to stay hydrated during all this much fun in the sun)