Better Days – Catamaran
Welcoming crew and yacht
- 50 foot Lagoon catamaran
- Accommodates 6 guests
- 2 queen cabins and master suite
- SCUBA diving available
*Better Days is a Lagoon 500 catamaran that accommodates 6 guests in 2 queen cabins and a master suite, all with ensuite bathrooms. The yacht has a flybridge that you can sit with a 360 degree view while sailing and enjoying the Caribbean breeze. By the bow of Better Days is one of Lagoon’s signature features, an extra seating area for guests to enjoy. Sitting on this couch looking up at the sails is a truly magical experience. The cockpit has a spacious area for relaxing and dining. Inside the yacht is a large salon with vertical windows that allow so much natural light into the yacht, you feel as if you are outside on the water. The master cabin encompasses the entire starboard side of the yacht and includes a work station and couch. The cabins on the port side of the yacht each have queen sized beds and en suite bathrooms.
*Formerly known as Catamaran White House
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
Submit your review
As a busy family of four (kids ages 13 and 11) who likes to travel a lot – we rarely have time to sit down and write a review. In this case, we felt it absolutely necessary to let you know about our recent trip aboard Better Days. You are in good hands with the Captain. His sailing and island knowledge are impressive and it’s easy to see his genuine love and passion of all things outdoors related. His attention to detail is second to none. He proved to be very safety focused in every aspect of boating from sailing, to driving the dinghy and pulling our daughters wake boarding. He also planned our stops at Willy T’s and Soggy Dollar accordingly to avoid the rowdy drinking crowds that both places attract at times in order to ensure the best experience for our entire family. As recently certified divers and having expressed an interest in doing quite a bit of diving on our trip, he did not let us down. We would mention diving and before we knew it he had a spot picked out and had our dive gear set-up ready to go. He took the time to research the dive spot and brief us to be sure it met everybody’s comfort and skill level as well as personal expectations. During each dive, he kept a close eye on us all and pointed out ocean life that we would have otherwise missed. He took his role as dive master seriously and it was very much appreciated as it put us all at ease and allowed us to enjoy each dive to its fullest. It is also worth noting that his navigational skills under water are top notch as after every dive we would come right back to the mooring line. When asked on the first night of our trip what we hoped to do, learning to sail was near the top of the list. He took time to explain the basics and the ways in which the wind affects the sails and how one must adjust accordingly. Much to our delight, we were given an opportunity to raise and lower the sails a time or two. His patience and sincere passion for showing us all things both under and above the sea made for a remarkable trip. The chef surpassed any and all expectations of meal preparation, presentation and flavor. Our family was able to try new foods and experience comfort food in new and exciting ways thanks to her expertise. She was very flexible with us on meals and even went off her prepared meal plan one night to try her hand at making cauliflower wings for us. Our youngest daughter loves to cook/bake and she was such a sweetheart allowing her to help in the kitchen. When we had oranges for a snack one day our daughter mentioned how she’d love to try to make chocolate covered orange peels when we got home. Moments later and much to our surprise and our daughter’s utmost joy, She had a recipe pulled up and the girls were making them to serve with ice cream for dessert that evening. She was an amazing guide of our snorkeling adventures and for our on shore excursions - from hiking up the hills of Salt Island, walking on the beaches of Cooper Island, touring the Baths of Virgin Gorda, and exploring the Bubbly Pool - her enthusiasm and sense of adventure created memories that will last a lifetime. Both Captain & Chef are such a sweet and warm hearted couple who have contagious smiles and evident passions for living their best lives. Our trip was made complete by having them as our crew. Together they work seamlessly and make for a first-class experience. The boat was kept immaculate 24/7. It is easy to see that both the Captain & Chef treat the boat as if it were their own. Impressively, they went about and kept the boat neat and tidy without us noticing it. While we were eating our breakfast, or out enjoying the morning sun on paddle boards, kayaks or on the deck of the boat, our beds were being made, showers and bathrooms cleaned, and towels were replaced. When we would wake up in the morning the boat was as spotless as the first day we boarded. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to say THANK YOU to the yacht & crew for sharing with us the best vacation we could have ever dreamed of! We look forward to hopefully joining them both again soon for another trip around the (Leeward) islands.
Thank you so much for the wonderful experience and we know many more “Better Days” to come. The food was amazing, the guided tours made the experience so much greater, our dream of sailing and being in the beautiful Caribbean Islands fulfilled. Our family is very appreciated to your wonderful service, kindness, and training to sail. See you soon. Enjoy the charters until we are back.
We had a fantastic week vacationing on Better Days was awesome...considerate, thoughtful, and fun. We snorkeled, hiked, paddle boarded, kayaked, went scuba diving, sight seeing, sailed and wakeboarded. The chef cooked us amazing meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The chef's food was delicious. The crew made this one of our best family vacations. We can’t wait to come back
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Sat TV in salon
- Web based movies and music
- Cockpit icemaker
Model: Lagoon Catamaran
Engines: 2 x 75 hp
- 14′ rigid inflable boat w/40 hp engine
- Adult and kids water skis
- Snorkel gear
- Beach games
- 2 person kayak
- Light fishing gear
- Underwater camera
CAPTAIN TAYLOR & CHEF/MATE MARGARET
Genuine hospitality and contagious enthusiasm for the islands are what Margaret and Taylor are all about. Having sailed their 30’ monohull extensively from Maine to Grenada and lived aboard while exploring the Virgin Islands, they know how to turn the dream of a sailing adventure into a reality.
Taylor grew up in Central Virginia, splitting summers between living on the lake driving ski boats and traveling in the family RV to every state with a road to it. After earning a business degree from Appalachian State University with honors, Taylor started pursuing his passion for living. Playing in a touring rock band transitioned to trekking in South America, which led to bartending in Breckenridge, Colorado. After a few years of the ski bum life, the dream of setting off for points unknown in a sailboat started to form. He jumped head first into sailing, taking American Sailing Association courses, walking the docks for crew work, completing safety certifications, and before he knew it he was working day sailing charters in the Virgin Islands.
Margaret also hails from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and has sailboat chartering in her blood from her Dad, who captained classic windjammers in Maine. She began traveling internationally early on and developed a love for traditional recipes and an appreciation for the way a good meal can bring families and friends together. An ambitious explorer as well, Margaret attended the National Outdoor Leadership school before earning her bachelors degree from the University of Colorado in Boulder. She is a certified yoga teacher and recently returned to where she received her training in India, joining a month long motorcycle expedition over the highest drivable passes in the Himalayas.
Despite being raised less than an hour apart and sharing so many passions, the two didn’t meet until they were both living in Colorado. Shortly there after their dream of sailing the islands took off and they moved to Saint John where they worked day sailing charters and eco kayak tours. After that season they bought their sailboat and began cruising full time, meshing into a dynamic team afloat. Having guests aboard ignited their passion for sharing the good life with others and providing a truly bespoke charter.
Margaret and Taylor offer a vacation experience informed by years of local knowledge and a menu of their favorite island recipes personally gathered from the Bahamas to Grenada. From diving for conch that are later served up as fritters to helping someone catch their first wave surfing, providing lasting memories in one of the world’s most special places is something this team never tires of. Together they bring personalized service and engagement, with true authenticity and passion for sharing the island experience with others.
- Eggs-in-a-Bread – A pair of french baguette rounds filled with eggs over easy, served with rosemary sweet potatoes + fresh fruit
- Coconut Waffles with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote – Traditional or gluten free waffle mix brought to life with coconut milk + coconut flakes
- Menemens (Traditional Turkish Style Eggs) – A traditional Turkish breakfast staple – a savory combination of meltingly soft onions, stewed local tomatoes + spicy green peppers, finished with eggs scrambled and cheese until just set. Served with grilled halloumi cheese, split sausage + an airy loaf of bread straight from the oven
- Health Bowl* – A choice of overnight oats or greek yogurt topped with crushed almonds, popped amaranth, cinnamon, agave, fresh dragon fruit + side of caramelized plantains
- Baked Greens Frittata – Inspired by the signature Provençal chard omelet called trucha, this beautiful baked frittata incorporates thick Greek yogurt, lots of greens + garlic
- Southern Style Sausage and Gravy Biscuits** – Our weeks wouldn’t be complete without a traditional, belly pleasing plate consisting of mouth watering butter biscuits + hearty sausage-studded white gravy
- Eggs and Potatoes – Choice of fried or poached eggs served on a bed of rosemary sweet potato fries, choice of meat, served with a juicy, local fruit salad (dragon fruit, papaya, pineapple)
- Baltimore-Style Crab Cakes – Kept simple and focused on the jumbo lump crab meat, experience unadulterated crab cake heaven paired with a tri-color slaw + zesty lime dressing
- Local Mahi Tacos – Tequila lime mahi mahi on roasted corn tortillas topped with cabbage, avocado, mango salsa, drizzled with a lime cilantro aioli
- Caribbean Chicken Rotis** – Found locally throughout our islands, enjoy a spicy and savory combination of shredded chicken and potatoes seasoned with turmeric, curry, ginger, cumin, paprika + peppers paired with a sweet mango chutney
- Grilled Portobello Sandwich* – Juicy portobello steaks marinated in olive oil + balsamic vinegar, grilled until lightly crispy, topped with caramelized onion, melted feta, roasted red peppers, drizzled with basil aioli on a ciabatta bun
- Shrimp on Cauliflower Fried Rice Bowl – This paleo-friendly, 5-ingredient meal is loaded with fresh vegetables, tender shrimp, and signature Asian flavors
- Caribbean Conch Salad* – Freshly cracked, local caught conch marinated in lime juice with bell peppers, onion, jalapeño + cilantro served with crunchy plantain chips
- Salmon Arugula Salad – Zesty, grilled salmon atop a bed of spicy arugula, local heirloom cherry tomatoes, shaved asiago, pine nuts, dressed with a tangy lemon pepper vinaigrette
- Fresh Cracked Caribbean Conch Fritters – Ultra fresh, local caught conch chopped and combined with scallions, bell peppers, and a spice blend + a chili lime dipping sauce and lime wedge
- Tomato and Stone Fruit Crostini with Creamy Feta – A drizzle of tangy feta over juicy tomatoes + sweet stone fruit over a crispy rice cracker
- Bountiful Charcuterie Board – A board full of variety: Bold meats (prosciutto, salami, sopressata…) + a range of cheeses (truffle goat cheese, aged asiago, crumbled blue, merlot or espresso bellavitano, dill havarti…)+ delectable spreads (fig jam, stone ground mustard, olive tapenade, truffle…) + pickled vegetables (beets, jalapenos, pepperoncinis…) + seasonal fruits
- Homemade Falafel – Ground chickpeas, minced onion, chopped parsley, and Arabic spices + homemade tzatziki sauce of yogurt, cucumber, sea salt, and fresh dill
- Watermelon Goat Cheese Salad – Watermelon spheres tossed with creamy crumbled goat cheese topped with fresh mint
- Prosciutto Wrapped Melon – Skewers of melon strips and prosciutto + drizzles of honey + rock salt
- Baked Arancini and Bruschetta – Breaded risotto balls with mozzarella and select meats, grilled bread rubbed with garlic + topped with a fresh herbed tomato salad
- Sizzling Shrimp Roll – Chili-garlic seared shrimp, cabbage, shredded carrots, bibb lettuce, cilantro, thai basil, mint + homemade chili hoisin peanut dipping sauce
- Ahi Tuna Tower with Plantain Crisps – A tower of sushi grade tuna, sushi rice, mango-avocado-cucumber salad, arugula + a side of salty plantains crisps
- Blackened Sesame Chicken Stir Fry – Wild rice sauteed in sesame oil with snap peas, broccoli, water chestnuts, celery, and carrots topped with sesame seeds + coconut aminos
- Simply Elegant Pasta – Quinoa angel hair pasta mixed with sauteed onions, crispy bacon bites, sun dried tomatoes and zangy capers
- Baja Shrimp on Tostones – Grilled jumbo shrimp on twice-fried plantains + cucumber salsa, honey and lime
- Filet Mignon – Grilled to ordered, paired with baked brussel sprouts + sautéed minced cauliflower “mashed potatoes”
- Truffle Gnocchi*** – Shallots and white wine reduced and combined with melted butter, truffle oil and fresh thyme tossed gnocchi + truffle salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Homemade Chia Pudding – Chia seeds, almond milk, 100% cocoa, cinnamon + tropical fruit
- Key Lime Pie – Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a graham cracker pie crust
- Crème Brûlée – In honor of her mother, Margaret prepares this traditional french dessert with love – a rich custard base + a contrasting layer of hard caramel
- Almond Peach Blueberry Crumble – A mouth watering, balanced combination of peach and blueberries topped with a crispy almond crumble
- Cashew Nut Cheesecake – Vegan style cheesecake consisting of cashews, coconut milk + lemon juice supported by an almond + date crust
- Cocoa Banana Phyllo Cups – A creamy combination of ripened bananas, 100% cocoa, maple syrup + cream cheese filled phyllo cups topped with kiwi or caramelized pears
Snacks – Margaret’s favorite way to fill up midday is with homemade, light fare: peanut butter, white bean hummus, truffle popcorn, guacamole, and cilantro garlic yogurt dip, to name a few.
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2018 to 2019||$15,500||$16,250||$17,000||$17,750||$18,500|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$15,500||$16,250||$17,000||$17,750||$18,500|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.