Black Tortuga – Catamaran
- 47 ft sailing catamaran
- Accommodates up to 8
- 3 Queen ensuite cabins & twin bunks**
- Scuba diving/instruction
This beautiful, award-winning luxury yacht comes equipped with 4 bedrooms and 4 full baths. 3 Queen cabins and one-bedroom contains 2 single bunks. **(Enquire about 4 queens)
Check out this description from SAIL magazine, where it just won Best Boat of 2018:
The Fountaine Pajot Saona 47 catamaran is a space machine in the truest sense of the word. Like all sailboats, it can carry you through the water and across space and time using nothing but the power of the wind—thereby making it supremely quiet and smooth. Unlike most other sailboats, though, it manages to do this while providing a vast amount of living space as well—not to mention the fact it does so in a package that remains supremely pleasing to the eye.
Approaching the Saona 47 from a distance, this emphasis on space is immediately apparent in the top deck, which measures nearly 100ft and is well equipped with sun lounges, not to mention a great view. Down a few steps is a large helm station with seating for two, and then down a few steps more you’ll find an immense afterdeck that flows into a wide cabin, a space that can entertain a dozen without any sense of crowding. Down again and you enter the boat’s private cabins, which are wider than those of many monohulls.
In typical Fountaine Pajot fashion, everything is bright, open, and contemporary, with neutral colors and clean-lined joinery that gives the boat the air of a fine urban apartment. The hulls are also fine below the waterline but then flare rapidly to chines, which minimizes wetted surface for performance while maximizing interior space. Similarly, the long waterline translates into good average speed, while a high sail-area-to-displacement ratio means there’s plenty of power to drive the boat through the water. In other words, like the other models from this builder, the Fountaine Pajot Saona 47 is not only comfortable but knows how to make tracks.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$18,000||$18,500||$19,000||$19,500||$20,000||$20,500||$21,000|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$18,000||$18,500||$19,000||$19,500||$20,000||$20,500||$21,000|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner, and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine, and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- If the charter area includes the BVI; cruising permits, national parks fees, fishing permits, taxes, and port fees are not included.
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping, or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN BRIAN & MATE/CHEF ELENA
With close to a decade of experience taking people “into the wild”, Brian shares his sense of adventure with guests. Raised in Utah and frequently found at sea, Brian is confronted with questions as to how he became an ocean-going captain. Most people forget there is a small ocean, the Great Salt Lake, in his desert home. His father taught him a love for all activities in and around water. Reading sea-faring novels from the golden age of discovery inspired him to lust for the horizon and he eventually made his way aboard expedition ships plying all the planet’s waters. Alongside working for National Geographic Expeditions, he operated specialty charters through the Lesser Antilles on his own sailing vessel. As a USCG 100ton rated captain, his attention to detail and professionalism are integral to the safe operation of the vessel. As a fellow human with passions for outdoor pursuits, he is a perfect companion for fun activities if you want to try your hand at anything from surfing and kiteboarding to freediving and kayaking. Holding a degree in film-making, working as a videographer, and being a reward winning photographer; he can create, upon prior request, a media package of the events that make your trip remarkable.
Elena’s spirit awakens in the open. After traveling to over thirty countries, her instinct draws her to beautiful and isolated places. Her love for nature led her from the jagged mountain peaks of Switzerland into the deep blue of the Indo-Pacific. She became a PADI certified scuba instructor in Komodo so she can share her love of undersea life with others. Join her for some scuba diving or become certified while onboard and see what the hype is all about! Growing up in an international household, her culinary influences are mainly French and Swiss with added spice from her travels, specializing in creating heart-warming dishes from the simplest of ingredients. She aspires to cater her dishes toward individual diets and has perfected eco-friendly plant-based menu selections. Placing great importance on the dining experience, speaking three languages, and versed in the art of conversation makes spending time with her joy, no matter where you are from.
Elena and Brian met in Raja Ampat diving and sailing and are fully committed to spending every moment in each other’s company with their first love, the water. Blending luxurious yacht life and connecting with nature in easy grace, they ignite voyagers’ passion for Caribbean beauty. Sailing inconsistent winds on the azure waters of the Virgin Islands while visiting white sandy beaches with quaint hideaways is a perfect way to charter.
Come join them aboard Black Tortuga for the wind-powered charter of a lifetime. You will go home with more than memories – you will have inspiring stories of rewarding experiences.
With Elena and Brian, you are guaranteed an unforgettable week. As a team, they are perfectly matched to make your tropical getaway magical. They offer a photographic package of your trip, please enquire! Watch the crew interview HERE!
- Omelette – Omelette fried with mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, fresh herbs, garlic, onion and zucchini
- Scrambled egg wrap – Wrap filled with scrambled eggs, avocado, beans, spinach and a homemade sauce
- Pancakes – Homemade fluffy pancakes (gluten free on demand) with topping of your choice
- Smoothie bowl – Your choice of mixed fresh fruits, milk and topping with nuts, seeds and fruits
- French toast – Homemade bread soaked in milk and sugar, fried in a pan, topped with fresh fruits and vibrant coulis
- Breakfast sliders – Personal sandwiches with homemade bread, eggs, cheese, avocado and garlic aioli
- Oatmeal – Fresh oatmeal served with fresh fruits, nuts, chia seeds and dry fruits
- Mexican mix – Guacamole, cashew sour cream, mashed beans, grilled vegetables and chicken served with tortillas
- Captain’s Gourmet Hamburger – Homemade bread, grilled burger, freshly homemade sauces, caramelized onions, avocado
- Caribbean style dal – Lentils drowned in curry, turmeric, spices, served with vegetables and rice
- Buddha bowl – Quinoa, avocado, sweet potato, spinach, fresh tomatoes, beans, fruit and chicken
- Mushroom Risotto – Traditional Italian risotto with mushrooms, white wine and parmesan
- Spanish salad – Rice salad with fresh vegetables, olives, shrimps and chorizo
- Deviled eggs – Boiled eggs, stuffed with mayonnaise, garlic and mustard
- Babaganoush and Hummus – Traditional dishes from north Africa, grilled eggplants or mashed chick peas mixed with olive oil, spices, tahini and yogurt, served with fresh veggies
- Fritters – Deep fried onions or other vegetables, served with a selection of sauces (homemade aioli, pomodoro, tartar etc…)
- Mediterranean Mix – Tapenades (olive pastes), sun dried tomato paste, tzatziki, served with homemade foccacia
- Vol-au-vent – Pastries filled with creamy mushrooms and fresh herbs
- Financiers – Little salty cakes topped with sun dried tomatoes, parmesan and zucchini
- Verrines – Small glasses filled with flavorful layers of complimentary tastes and colors
- Scallop Raviolis – Raviolis filled with grilled scallops and basil in it’s own jus, served with a spinach salad and homemade garlic bread
- Chicken Curry – Grilled chicken served in an opulent curry sauce, vegetables and rice
- Pan Fried Fish Of The Day – Pan fried fish caught today with Meuniere sauce, vegetables and rice
- Pad Thai – Traditional Thai dish with rice noodles, vegetables, chicken and scramble egg
- Salmon en Papillotte – Salmon oven steamed in parchment with spices and fresh vegetables, served with garlic mashed potatoes
- Chicken with Mustard – Grilled chicken served with a smoked mustard sauce, vegetables and roasted potatoes
- Grilled Fish – Whole fish grilled in the oven with crust and spices, served with roasted vegetables and couscous
- Herissons Chinois – Steamed meat and rice balls, served with shoyu and vegetables
- Chocolate Mousse – Light chocolate mousse with dark chocolate and aquafaba
- Cheesecake – Cashew nut cheesecake, with Graham, fresh berry coulis/caramel/chocolate topping
- Tiramisu – Traditional Italian tiramisu with sponge biscuit, mascarpone creme and coffee
- Berries Tarte – Traditional French pie crust with vanilla cream, fresh berries and whipped cream
- Chocolate Soufflé – Baked chocolate mousse
- Key Lime Pie – Pie crust with lime cream and coconut whipped cream
- Apple Crumble – Apples baked in the oven with sugar and cinnamon, topped with pie crumble, served with vanilla ice cream
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and showers
- Heated deck showers
- Water-maker and generator
- WiFi Internet Access
- Salon TV with USB ports
- iDevice docking station
- Cockpit and flybridge speakers
- Photography packages available
- 12,6’ rigid inflatable boat w/30 hp engine
- Tube & Surfboard to be towed
- Snorkel Gear
- Floating Mat
- 3 Standup Paddle-boards
- Hookah Dive Equipment
- Fishing Rods
- Beach Games
- Board Games
- Captain has an underwater camera and video.
Model: Fontaine Pajot
Engines: 2 x Diesels
SCUBA DIVING ONBOARD
- Certified guests to rent their own equipment. Crew will help facilitate the rental and will make sure it is onboard in time for the charter.
- $50 per person per dive
- $75 per person per night dive
- Up to 2 dives per day
- Open Water Certification, client must have completed course work prior to charter.
- Confined water dives – $150 per person. Open water dives – $299 per person
- Discover Scuba – $125 per person, minimum age 10
- Refresher course -$125
- Open Water Advanced Dive Course- $300
Submit your review
Thank you both for the most perfect vacation EVER! We seriously loved every second. We were so bummed when the trip got cancelled back in April due to covid, but this was so worth the wait! The cooking is incredible and it will be missed - your unbelievable birthday cake, pizza rolls, homemade bread, pasta carbonara, and all the rest. We loved the captain and his ukulele playing, snorkel tours, "scurfing" skills, and everything you did! We are also so happy-so many laughs!
Thank you for being such wonderful tour guides and hosts on such a beautiful boat. it was a wonderful family trip that our family will remember forever. the snorkeling was amazing and the food was unbelievable - I may miss the food the most 🙂 Thanks for the memories you helped me and my family have on a trip of a lifetime.
This was one of the best weeks of our entire life! From the magnificent food meal after meal to the non-stop adventures Captain engineered. We so appreciate all the love, laughter and adventure. Thank you for including us in one of the most magical moments of our lives. Thanks for becoming friends! We wish you nothing but love and adventure and we cannot wait to return for another epic trip on the Black Tortuga. Happy Everything!
Thank you for the trip of a lifetime! I love your passion and knowledge of the sea. Having you two as company was absolutely wonderful. Thank you for being so patient and kind.
You are an amazing team. Thanks for all the fun laughter and creating the environment for our family to bond and spend quality time together. Thank you for your passion for the sea and these beautiful islands. I appreciate the extra care and effort in making what were already amazing meals, edible for me with all of my allergies. First trip ever that food was a highlight of the vacation and I felt included when it was time to eat. We enjoyed our trip immensely. Thank you! You guys are soooo AMAZING! this trip will forever be so memorable because you made it so great and so fun for me and my family! Captain, you are so much fun and so cool teaching us new things and about the history of the islands was one of my favorites. We really enjoyed you hanging out with us and keeping us busy and filling up our days with fun. The cooking was incredible and so beautiful. I always looked forward to our meals and snacks :). I loved your passion for everything and the ocean and life itself! I love learning new things from you and everything you say sounds so amazing about places and things you have done! You both are incredible and I'm so thankful for this trip and getting to meet you. Dont' change anything. I loved it all.
Our time on Black Tortuga was AMAZING! Cruising around St. John and out to Flanagan Island was so beautiful. I will never forget the dives, snorkel, noodle floats, meals, fruity drinks, and sunsets. EPIC!!! Night dive watching the octopus feed was a bucket list moment. Every second was pure bliss.
Thank you for such a memorable trip and all your hard work to totally spoil us. From the time we saw your smiling faces at the airport to the end of our trip, you have all been so wonderful. The scenery was wonderful, but without the care and attention you provided it would not have been so enjoyable. The meals were wonderful and in addition to the food was your interest and eager enthusiasm. The trip was memorable and the biggest part was sharing with you all. From the bottom of my heart-thank you-you handed us perfectly.
We had a great time! I have only great things to say about the crew. The chef is an amazing chef and photographer. I enjoyed getting to know her, she is a sweet lady. The captain has a great personality. He is a really great guide. We decided to get married on the trip 4 days before we left for the trip. I bought a dress 5 hours before our flight. The captain woke up early on Thursday of the trip and made a heart out of rocks in the sand, he gathered a palm and sea grape leaves to make my bouquet. The chef helped the girls and I get ready; she provided my something borrowed bracelet. She made the perfect wedding dessert! The captain drove the wedding dinghy to Sandy Spit. The crew took some beautiful pictures which I already have hanging in my home. Overall, amazing trip with amazing people! I would love to go again some day.
Thank you so much for the wonderful trip introducing my husband and children to the beauty and wonders of the islands and sailing. First and foremost the boat is spectacular - roomy, tastefully decorated and spotless - a five star hotel on the water, a top rate chef providing interesting and delicious meals all week long. Secondly, your knowledge of the islands and various activities including paddle board races, snorkeling spots and hints, coaching on helming the boat, hikes and the history of the islands brought true enjoyment for all. Lastly thank you for your kindness and patience with our young, large group - you made it a trip that none will forget.
Epic Yacht Charters provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.