Blue Moon – Catamaran
Superb amenities and smooth ride
- 56 foot Lagoon sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 6 guests
- 3 queen cabins
- 2013 Best in Show at BVI Charter Yacht Boat Show
Blue Moon is a Lagoon 560 catamaran with an added bonus of carbon fibre rigging, which makes for high performance sailing in addition to unbeatable comfort. The 3 queen cabins offer the perfect layout or families. The addition of the upstairs fly bridge is a bonus of extra space to enjoy the breeze with a full 360 degree view. The master cabin has an entrance from the stern as well as from inside the yacht. Blue Moon’s crew Sam and Rosemary are a fun and energetic couple who have shared a lifelong passion for sailing. Captain Sam grew up in Cairo Egypt. He learned to sail on Martha’s Vineyard in the summers at his mother’s childhood home and learned how to dive in the Red Sea. Chef & First Mate Rose hails from Boston MA and has been in The Virgin Islands since 2011. Sam and Rose have been chartering together since 2014 and are committed to creating the ideal epic vacation for you!
$22,000-$30,500 per week
- Air conditioning and fans in each cabin
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet Access
- Digital HD flat screen TV
- Satellite connection in Salon
- Full surround sound system
- DVD and CD players
- iPod docking station
- Cockpit and flydeck speakers
- CDs, videos, DVDs
- Books and games
- Cockpit ice maker
- Model: Lagoon Catamaran
- Year: 2011
- LOA: 56’
- Beam: 31’
- Draft: 4’11”
- Engines: 2 x 110 hp
- Flag: USA
- 14’ rigid inflatable boat w/40 hp engine
- Water skis for adults
- Knee board, wake board, inner tube, skurfboard
- Snorkeling gear
- Floating sun mattresses
- 6 man floating island
- Full dive locker for up to 4 guests
Captain Sam grew up in Cairo, Egypt. He learned to sail and windsurf on Martha’s Vineyard during summers at his mother’s childhood home and learned how to dive in The Red Sea. After working several years as an electrical engineer, Sam decided to leave the corporate world. He bought a 51 foot sailboat in 2007. He sailed from New England to The Grenadines and spent the next several years running charters everywhere from Bequia to Anguilla and sailing back to New England in the summers. Sam has lived in and explored the Virgin Islands since 2010. He has worked as a sailing instructor and charter captain. He is a PADI scuba instructor.
Rosemary can’t imagine her life away from the ocean. She grew up near the harbor in Boston, where she spent her summer days snorkeling and exploring the tide pools. She began teaching sailing as a teenager and over the years became an environmental educator and event manager for regattas. In 2011 a friend asked her to deliver a yacht from Annapolis to St Thomas. When she arrived she loved the clear water, big sailboats and of course, Sam.
Sam and Rose have worked together in the Virgin Islands since for 4 years managing a sailing school and working as a Captain/Chef team since 2014. They have quickly impressed the industry and have moved up to one of the busiest and most successful crews in the Virgin Islands. Rose enjoys creating a healthy and fresh menu for guests every need and provides a culinary experience that amazes guests. Sam has a knack for finding the best spots to anchor, snorkel and SCUBA dive. They are a fun loving couple committed to giving you an EPIC vacation.
All breakfasts served with Hot or Iced coffee, selection of juices and teas, bloody mary’s or mimosas, and a fresh tropical fruit plate. Lighter Continental breakfast (such as yogurt, granola, oatmeal, or fresh baked muffins) is also always available.
- Coconut Rum French Toast – Baguette french toast served with warm banana compote, fresh berries, and real maple syrup.
- Breakfast Tostada – Creamy scrambled eggs in a fresh made crunchy tostada bowl, with Avocado, crispy smoked bacon, and fresh tomato. Topped with sriracha hot sauce and cilantro.
- Island Spiced Breakfast Potatoes – A mix of golden and sweet crispy breakfast potatoes, spiced with local jerk or curry seasoning and sautéed with sausage and kale. Accompanied by fried eggs and toast.
- Garden Vegetable Frittata – Assorted veggies baked with eggs and parmesan in a cast iron skillet. An Italian favorite, perfect for breakfast on the bow or on the beach!
- Omelettes to Order – Creamy 3-egg omelettes stuffed with your preference of cheese, meat, smoked salmon, and/or vegetables. Served with breakfast sausage and toast.
- Rose’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls – Made from scratch with lots of love. Somehow light and fluffy and gooey and decadent all at the same time. “I’ll just have one…” is a lie and you know it.
- Greek Bounty Salad – Traditional Greek salad, chopped tomatoes, red onion, red and yellow pepper, and cucumber. With kalamata olives, chickpeas, sharp feta cheese, and grilled honey lemon chicken. Served with fresh hummus and warm homemade pita bread.
- Chili Garlic Grilled Shrimp with Rice Noodles – Juicy grilled shrimp with a bite of thai chilis. Served on a bed of cold rice noodles, crunchy julienned carrot and cucumber with a tangy miso tahini citrus dressing. Topped with chopped peanuts.
- Barbecue Ribs – Pork baby back ribs marinated in an island spice rub for at least 24 hours and slow roasted, then finished to perfection with homemade barbecue sauce on the grill until they fall right off the bone. Best enjoyed with potato salad and many, many paper towels.
- Bistro Salad with Warm Goat Cheese – Warm panko-crusted goat cheese rounds over arugula salad, with balsamic dressing, candied pecans, pear slices, and baguette or rolls.
- Mahi Mahi Tacos – Grilled spiced mahi mahi wrapped in a warm flour tortilla with homemade chipotle hot sauce, queso fresco, avocado, and crunchy pickled red onion. Served with fried sweet plantains and a black bean and corn salad. Also delicious with chicken or steak!
- Traditional Indian Roti served with Caribbean mango chutney and Sambals
- Smoked Salmon Spinach Salad with Couscous, Feta, Fresh Orange Slices and Avocado dressed with citrus dressing and served with fresh warm bread
- “Happy Hour” snacks, enjoyed with a tropical cocktail, an ice cold beer, or a nice glass of wine!
- Melon Caprese Crostini – Sliced fresh mozzarella, sweet basil, and marinated local melon with just a little heat, served on garlic crostini and drizzled with aged balsamic.
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail – Lime poached shrimp, chilled and served with in a chilled spicy roasted tomato and jalapeño sauce, with avocado slices and rice crackers or tortilla chips. A play on a Mexican street food classic!
- Baked Brie with Fig Jam and Fruit – A wheel of creamy brie cheese wrapped in puff pastry and baked until melty and golden brown. Served with apple and pear slices, crackers, fig jam and honey.
- Fresh Thai Summer Rolls – Fresh crunchy veggies rolled in rice paper or lettuce, with ginger soy and peanut satay dipping sauce. Light, healthy AND tasty.
- Mediterranean platter with Fried Feta and Honey- Feta wrapped in phyllo dough, lightly fried and drizzled with honey and sesame seeds. Served with a large spread of Mediterranean mezze, including fresh hummus, olives with herbs, crudite, and toasted pita wedges.
- Grilled Fresh Catch – Grilled fresh local catch, straight from our fisherman friends! Served with with ginger sesame jasmine rice and sautéed baby bok choy. Drizzled with a light balsamic teriyaki sauce.
- Chipotle Honey Pork Loin – Tender, juicy pork loin marinated honey, lime, and chipotle chiles. Grilled or roasted, served with butternut squash and yam puree, sautéed yellow pepper and onion, and sweet corn.
- Thai Red Curry Shrimp – Large, juicy shrimp marinated with garlic and ginger, in a velvety thai red curry coconut sauce. Served over creamy coconut rice, with lightly steamed sugar snap peas, red pepper, and water chestnuts.
- Steak and Crispy Potatoes – Flavor packed, tender ribeye, grilled to your liking in a peppery crust. With crispy garlic roasted fingerling potatoes and sautéed asparagus. Topped with a lemon garlic jus.
- Grilled Rack of Lamb – Marinated overnight in Dijon mustard and herbs, then grilled until tender. Served over Middle Eastern style couscous or quinoa with pine nuts and golden raisins. Accompanied by grilled zucchini and yellow squash and a balsamic dijon sauce.
- All made from scratch, with love and pride. Chef Rose’s favorite thing to cook and Captain Sam’s favorite “meal” of the day.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake – Decadent and rich flourless chocolate cake, with homemade raspberry sorbet and mint chocolate curls.
- Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake – Tender and light, with Italian Mascarpone cheese in a chocolate crust. Swirled with tart, homemade lemon curd and topped with fresh berries.
- Vanilla Cointreau Creme Brûlée – A classic for a reason! Vanilla custard in individual ramekins with a hint of Cointreau orange liqueur. Brûléed table side by the captain.
- Caramelized Pineapple Upside Down Cake – An updated version of a tropical favorite, served on fire with rum, fresh mint, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Key Lime Pie – Light, creamy, and extra tart, in a gingersnap crust. Topped with ginger whipped cream and fresh passionfruit syrup.
$22,00-$30,500 per week
- Use of the yacht with Professional Captain and Chef
- All onboard meals-breakfast. Lunch, appetizer, dinner and dessert
- Snacks-fresh fruit, popcorn, granola bars, chips, chocolate and more
- Beverages-water, juices, sodas, coffee, beer, wine and fully stocked bar
- Water sports
- Broadband wireless internet access
- SCUBA diving please inquire
- Air conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI license and port fees
- Fuel for yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium beverages not normally stocked and excissive alcohol consumption
- Airport transfers
- BVI individual fishing licenses
- Crew gratuity of 15-20%
*Prices are subject to change at any time
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.