Copper Penny – Catamaran
Spacious, Luxurious and Well-equipped
- 56 foot Lagoon sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 6 guests
- 3 queen cabins
- Diving on board for certified SCUBA divers
Copper Penny is a 56 foot catamaran with an amazing width of 31 feet giving stability and quality sailing. Lagoon pioneered the addition of the “fly bridge” which gives the yacht another level of space for guests to enjoy while sailing and at anchor. This area is completely covered with shade. There is also forward couch seating near the bow of the yacht to relax while sailing. Each of the 3 queen cabins have ensuite showers and dry heads. The master cabins offers it’s own entrance on the stern of the yacht. Captain Jim and chef Amanda met when they were whitewater raft guides in the USA. After buying their own boat and sailing to the Caribbean, they fell in love with the Caribbean and started a successful chartering career. Captain Jim, in addition to his sailing abilities, is a PADI Divemaster. Chef Amanda trained at a mega-yacht cooking school in Fort Lauderdale and is also a PADI Divemaster. Guests can expect a wonderful cruise on Copper Penny with her adoring crew.
$23,500-$28,500 per week
5 Star Meals!
Best Vacation Ever!
Planning Another Trip!
Most Perfect Week!
Amazing And Memorable Trip
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and showers
- Heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generators
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet Access
- Digital HD flat screen TV
- Satellite TV connection
- Full surround sound system
- DVD and CD players
- iPod docking station
- Cockpit and flydeck speakers
- CDs, videos, DVDs
- Books and games
- Cockpit ice maker
Model: Lagoon Catamaran
Year: 2011, Refit 2012
Engines: 2 x 110 hp Yanmar
- 14′ rigid inflatable boat w/60 hp engine
- Water skis for adults & kids
- Kneeboard, 2 wakeboards, & doughnut
- Snorkel gear
- Floating mats
- Light fishing gear
- 2 stand up paddle boards
- 1-2 person kayak
- 2 bladfish
- Onboard SCUBA diving available-inquire about
CAPTAIN JIM & CHEF/FIRST MATE AMANDA (WINTER SEASON)
Jim, your captain, is a Canadian who grew up sailing on Lake Ontario. His family has always owned boats and Jim began his sailing instruction while attending summer camp. As a young adult Jim moved to Virginia, were he became bareboat certified and began chartering. In his corporate life Jim was a stockbroker. He was televised on Charlottesville, Virginia’s NBC29 nightly news for seven years sharing his market commentary with viewers. While working as a stockbroker, Jim found time to become a delivery captain for a Lagoon catamaran dealership, and began transiting the East Coast of North America. There he found his love for the open ocean. He obtained his United States Coast Guard Masters License, and later obtained a MCA 200-ton Offshore Certificate. Jim is also a certified PADI Dive Master, and looks forward to taking you diving. In addition Jim enjoys windsurfing, kite surfing, and skiing.
Amanda, your chef, is from Virginia. She grew up as a competitive swimmer and spent time backpacking in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Later, she discovered triathlons, and spent many hours training and competing. Jim introduced her to sailing, and life was never the same. She began sailing the Chesapeake every weekend, and accompanying Jim on some of his deliveries. Amanda’s career as an engineer was demanding and gratifying, but soon she began dreaming of warm waters. During her years sailing the Caribbean, she developed a love for cooking and exploring local cuisine. To prepare for life as a charter chef, Amanda attended a mega-yacht cooking school in Fort Lauderdale, where she honed her skills. She looks forward to serving you beautifully presented delicious meals. In addition, Amanda is a certified PADI DiveMaster, and a kayak instructor. Amanda’s other interests include windsurfing, kite surfing, and skiing.
CAPTAIN JERRY & CHEF/FIRST MATE DAWN (SUMMER SEASON)
Captain Jerry has been sailing since he was 2 years old and has sailed extensively throughout the Northeast USA, and Caribbean and has undertaken several Trans-Atlantic crossings. He holds a 100 ton USCG Masters license and is also a NAUI Scuba Instructor and PADI Divemaster, as well as a US Sailing Instructor.
One of Jerry’s great loves is teaching and as an avid water sports enthusiast he enjoys sharing all his varied knowledge with friends and guests. Jerry teaches lots of SCUBA courses from first time resort courses to full or advanced diving certifications. After residing in the Caribbean Islands for 13 years, Jerry is a good source of local knowledge and history which ensures every trip is unique, fun and interesting. He is gregarious and loves meeting people.
Dawn Mottram is British, coming from North Wales originally. She grew up on the coast and living by the sea she spent many happy hours with her family on boats. She passed her love for sailing onto her two children, who have taken to the sport as well. Dawn has always enjoyed cooking for her family, friends and charitable events. She is a trained RGN nurse, specializing in paediatrics, community, and ophthalmic nursing, and has most recently worked as a medical equipment consultant.
Her career of helping people as a nurse inspired her to start fundraising for causes she believed in. As the years went on, the scale of her fundraising and the distances she went to, grew. Dawn’s passion for the outdoors has led her on cycling tours through Vietnam, hikes up the three highest mountains peaks of Great Britain, and numerous sailing events such as Cowes Week. She has taken part in many long distance offshore sailing races, most notably the Fastnet Race. Her largest fundraiser generated £100,000 for Sail4Cancer. She was involved in forming the first “all female” team to compete in the Non-Stop Around Britain and Ireland Race in 2006. One of her many duties onboard was as bowman and foredeck crew but she was also the cook. Her experiences of cooking on racing boats led Dawn to produce the Swell Food recipe book, for sailing enthusiasts. All proceeds were donated to Sail4Cancer, enabling children suffering from the affects of cancer to have sailing opportunities.
- Coconut Crusted French Toast
- Eggs in Ham Baskets w/Sausage
- Assorted Mini Egg Quiches
- Spinach and Potato Frittata
- Breakfast Egg and Veggie Burritos
- Green Chili-Cheese Egg Bake
- Coffee, Teas, Tropical Fresh Fruit Platter, Juice, Cereal, Yogurt and Bagels
- Baked Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Seared Herb Crusted Ahi Tuna
- South African Curry Babotie (Bobotjie)
- Padang Baked Coconut Shrimp
- West Indian Crab Cakes & Calamari
- Thai Curry Chicken
- Traditional Indian Roti
- Smoked Salmon Roses w/ Goat Cheese
- Basil and Roasted Red Pepper Bites
- Crusted Ahi Tuna w/ Ginger and Wasabi
- Greek Salad Kabobs with Tzatziki
- Thai Chicken Satay w/ Pineapple Mango
Oven Baked Thai Coconut Shrimp
Mini Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Prosciutto and Brie Stuffed Chicken Breast with Cranberry Sauce
- Herb and Parmesan Crusted Red Snapper over Roasted Veggies
- Lime Marinated Grilled Mahi Mahi with Jamaican Papaya Chutney
- Drunken Pork Tenderloin with an Infusion of Orange Brandy
- Caribbean Mango Chicken with Cilantro Coconut Chili Dressing
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Rosemary, Chocolate and Wine Sauce
- Blueberry Crème Brulee with Chocolate Hazelnut Wafer Rolls
- Dark Chocolate & French Vanilla Éclair with Whipped Cream
- Black Forest Kahlua Chocolate CheeseCake
- Dutch Chocolate Lava Cake with Fresh Fruit and Mint
- Mini Fresh Fruit Trifles with Amaretto Custard Creamy Peanut Drumstick Pie
- All served with Coffees, Tea and Fine Liqueurs
$23,500-$28,500 per week
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef.
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert.
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolate and more.
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar.
- Onboard Water Sports
- Basic broadband Wireless Internet Access.
- Air Conditioning.
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI license and port fees.
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages & excess alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- SCUBA Diving
- BVI individual fishing licenses
- Crew gratuity – 15-20% of the charter cost scaled up or down for level of service
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.