Doris – Catamaran
- 50 ft sailing catamaran
- Accommodates up to 6
- 3 Queen en-suite cabins
- 360° views on upper deck
DORIS is a 50 ft sailing catamaran and is finished to a very high quality and boasting every modern convenience. There are 3 queen en-suite cabins for 6 guests.
The salon is gorgeous, very modern with a low, L-shaped sofa with lovely bright accent cushions. The whole appearance is light and inviting. There is air conditioning throughout the yacht.
The cockpit follows the same theme as the interior with neutral upholstery and brightly colored cushions and it is an inside/outside feel. The whole area is well protected from the elements with drop down shades and a Bimini on the flybridge.
Photos: Belize Sailing Vacations are going to spoil you on your “Epic” dream vacation!
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$12,775||$13,825||$14,875||$15,925||$16,975|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$12,775||$13,825||$14,875||$15,925||$16,975|
Christmas week: $18,672.50
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks.
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine(1 bottle p/p/d) and local rum
- Water Sport activities
- Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
- Complimentary pickup at airport or hotel on arrival day.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Liquor & Wine (avail. at duty free shop)
- 10% Belize taxes and/or Guatemala Entry/Exit Fees
- Crew gratuity
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
Captain MANUEL and Chef/Mate CHRISTINA
Note that crew schedules are subject to change and we will confirm 30 days prior to arrival.
Captain Manuel Requena
Hailing originally from the deep south in Punta Gorda, Manuel has been involved in the tourism industry for over 20 years, working as dive master, tour guide and fisherman, principally based on the northern shores of Ambergris Caye. Manuel has been a catamaran sailing captain for over 10 years and in addition to his charter duties, you can look forward to his killer conch ceviche, the stuff of legends, in addition to lobster spearing expeditions, Epic snorkeling and more!
First Mate Kainie Manuel
Kainie has been chef for Belize Sailing Vacations since early 2014. In addition to providing guests exquisite meals on every charter, her thoughtful detailing and magic touches go the extra mile – she knows how to throw a party! Growing up the eldest in a family of 5, Kainie learned to cook from an early age. At home, recipes were handed down from Grandma and shared between the aunts. That sparked her love of the kitchen, the spot her Grandma called, “el corazon de la casa (the heart of the home).
As an island girl, Kainie has been in love with the Caribbean Sea and marine life from an early age. She learned to dive at the age of 12, a sport that she finds relaxing up to today. Kainie is truly passionate about sharing her country to those willing to have a memorable time in Belize.
Belize Sailing Vacations has a fantastic reputation for creative culinary fare, quality of ingredients and flexibility in accommodating dietary requirements and special guest requests. Using locally sourced produce – fresh fish, locally reared meats and fruits and veggies from the farms in Cayo – highlights of our acclaimed menu include the following…
- Breakfast is served with fresh fruit, breads, island jams and a selection of beverages including local artisan coffee
- Selection of tropical fruits with local granola, yoghurt & fresh baked breads
- Fluffy banana rum pancakes & bacon
- Mayan chaya eggs served with freshly baked breads
- Cinnamon French toast, local sausage
- Smoked ham, tomato & herb mini quiches
- Tropical shrimp & pineapple salad, ginger citrus dressing, fresh baked breads
- BBQ reef burger – guest rated 5 stars
- Shrimp, cucumber, mint & ginger rice paper salad wraps with sweet habanero dipping sauce
- Fragrant chopped chicken & broccoli salad, peanut ponzu sauce
- Belizean chorizo and rum black bean soup
- Crispy chicken tostadas, pico de gallo
- Fish tacos served with purple slaw, cilantro pineapple crema
- Brie, mango chutney and fresh pear croustades
- Caribbean lobster or conch ceviche, local tortilla chips
- Assorted Cheeses and fruits served with crackers and chutneys
- Home made lime cilantro hummus with toasted flat bread
- Garlic shrimp & herb dip
- Chicken satay sticks, peanut dipping sauce
- Cocktails include the signature ‘painkiller’ coconut pineapple rum punch with fresh grated nutmeg
- BBQ Caribbean lobster with fried plantains and pineapple cilantro salsa
- Catch of the day – chef’s whimsical creation with the days catch
- Island shrimp linguine, tomato, herb balsamic salad
- Belizean rum marinated BBQ pork tenderloin, ginger sweet potato mash, mango balsamic reduction
- Thai ginger coconut seafood curry
- Brazilian shrimp ‘moqueca’, saffron rice
- All dinners are served with selected wines
- Key lime ginger crunch
- Coconut chocolate brownies, hot berry compote
- Chocolate rum ‘salami’, chocolate drizzle – Dragonfruit cheesecake
- Mini tiramisu
Please note this is a sample menu and subject to change, based on availability of the best produce. Lobster season runs from June 15th to February 15th
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Water-maker & generator
- Salon TV and surround sound
- WiFi Internet access
- Extendable sunshade
- iPod/device docking station
- Cockpit ice maker
- 11’ rigid inflatable boat w/25hp engine
- Snorkel Gear
- Fishing gear trolling/casting
- 2 Kayaks
- Beach equipment
- Rendezvous Scuba diving available
Model: Lagoon Catamaran
Engines: 2 Yanmar 50Hp Diesel
Submit your review
Couldn’t have hoped for a better experience. It’s difficult to describe in words how much fun this was. Great food, snorkeling, trips ashore, and so much more. You know it’s been a great trip when everyone on the boat comes back with a new nickname. Thank you!!
My husband and I spent one week on Doris. From start to finish, we felt perfectly taken care of and enjoyed every moment of our time in Belize and aboard Doris. From the easy early morning pick-up at Belize City airport (thanks, John!) to each and every incredible meal (you rock) to all of the snorkeling and hands-on lessons with The Captain, it was an awesome experience. Our captain made our learning sessions fun and was always willing to patiently explain things and go into more detail. She is an incredible teacher and was willing to let everyone get involved as much as they wanted to, from climbing into the sail bag to helping with engine checks and maintenance. While on board, we were able to complete three ASA courses (103, 104, 114) and still had time to relax and enjoy the breathtaking scenery. The comfort on board is all thanks to the chef, who kept the cabins tidy, collected dry clothes from the deck every night, and of course made the most delicious meals. We truly enjoyed every single breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and dessert! We also celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary while on board and the chef surprised us with a festively decorated lobster dinner! Above and beyond. We were so thankful for the wonderful experience and walked away with not only newfound sailing knowledge but many wonderful memories (including snorkeling with manatees!).
This trip was wonderful in so many ways I don’t even know where to start. But I’ll start with the boat. We sailed on Doris, a beautiful, well-built, impeccably maintained, and very clean 50 foot catamaran. The captain, was A skilled and seasoned sailor as well as a top notch spear fisherman who unfailingly produced fresh seafood for dinner every night. One of our travel companions was Interested in improving his sailing skills and the captain was a very engaged mentor. Our chef, was an amazing cook and kept us well fed and entertained. She Is especially creative and versatile with the menus which depended on the catch of the day. This is a top-notch operation, very professional but also very personal. I highly recommend sailing with BSV.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.