Dragonfly – Catamaran
Space & Luxury
- 62 foot sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 8 guests
- Brand new 2019 yacht
- 4 queen cabins
Dragonfly has the space of a 100 foot mega yacht and the ability of catamaran to get you right next to the beach. A brand new 2019 Lagoon 620 that offers space, comfort, & luxury make this yacht a perfect vacation. The yacht has a light wood interior with nautical colored accents. Each of the 4 queen cabins feature en-suite bathrooms with spacious showers. LCD’s TVs in the cabins have access to a wireless system of over 600 movies and TV series to enjoy in your plus custom Dragonfly robes and high quality bedding lets guests relax in comfort. The upper level flybridge gives guests another level of space along with the cockpit and deck space. Dragonfly has the latest water toys for fast fun on the water.
The crew of Dragonfly are equally as impressive as the yacht. High school sweethearts, Christiaan and Hanrie are experienced & friendly South African crew. They have lived all over the world and chartered yachts as Captain & Chef/mate in the Caribbean as a team for the last 4 years. Dragonfly and her crew offer an EPIC crewed yacht vacation.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
Submit your review
This was the best family vacation we've ever had. Thank you for every snorkel spot, exciting sailing, meals, & drinks. Everything was top notch and exceeded our expectations. We will always remember this awesome trip.
The boat was new and very comfortable. The pictures don't do it justice. It was very spacious! We loved all of the chef's meals. From presentation to taste, she is an amazing gourmet cook! Captain took great pride in showing us the best places in the BVI. The crew were wonderful hosts. Thank you for an experience we won't forget.
This was the most radical experience of ALL TIME! You were incredible with our kids and awesome hosts & ambassadors of these islands. We will most definitely be back!
Thank you for making such wonderful meals and introducing us to new foods. Thank you for entertaining us during our trips between islands. You should be on "Chopped" and win. Captain, you are also cool! Thank you for guiding us on this amazing adventure and keeping us safe from weather, hermit crabs and midnight pirate raids. This has been the best family vacation ever!
You took such good care of us! The food was wonderful; we were amazed by the gourmet food coming out of the galley. Snorkeling and scuba spots were great and we got to see some new places as well as ones we remember from our last trip. It was an amazing trip that our families will talk about for a long, long time.
Thank you for a being a stellar Captain and bringing us to the best spots in the BVI! You steered us in the right directions, both figuratively and literally! This trip will leave a long lasting memory on me and it would not have been done without your being our captain. You are one of the best Captain's in the Caribbean. I can honestly say, that Chef without a doubt that this week has been one of the best dining experiences in my life! Thank for all that you have done to make this special adventure.
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and showers
- Heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free WiFi Internet Access (may vary by location)
- LCD flat screen TV in saloon & cabins
- 600 wireless database of movies & series
- Full surround sound system
- iPod docking station
- Xbox One with games
- Nespresso machine
- Board games
- Cockpit and flydeck speakers
- Premium sheets and plush robes
- Cockpit ice maker
- 15’ rigid inflatable boat w/60 hp engine
- Water skis for children
- Wake boards
- 2 x Seadoo underwater scooters
- 3 person towing tube
- Snorkeling gear
- Floating island
- Inflatable swans, ice cream, doughnut
- 2 x inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard’s
- 2 x 2 man inflatable clear bottom Kayaks
- Light fishing gear
Model: Lagoon Catamaran
Both born in South Africa and having lived all over the world, from Bangkok, to Spain, New York and Madagascar, doing everything from working in the hospitality industry, acting, travel writing, teaching English, running surf charters in Madagascar and working on mega yachts, both eventually fell in love with the Caribbean, and have been running charters as Captain and Chef/ Mate team for the past 4 years.
High school sweet hearts since the age of 16, Christiaan and Hanrie effortlessly work together to provide all of their guests with a tailor-made memorable holiday experience that makes them come back again and again for another rum punch or painkiller under the Caribbean sun.
Captain Christiaan is a born entertainer, hence the brief stint in acting, and enjoys telling tall tales of pirate lure and big fish and the one that got away. His good natured bubbly spirit and can-do attitude put guests at ease while his professionalism and ability to command a variety of situations instill confidence. Christiaan’s knowledge of the best Caribbean anchorages will ensure that you will be sipping your cocktail on the fly bridge of Dragonfly with the best sunset views, and his love for watersports and tall tales will ensure you will never be bored!
Hanrie honed her cooking skills at a young age begging to make family dinners since the age of 9. Ever since then she has been baking and cooking and soaking up all of the local flavors and food inspiration wherever she has gone. Hanrie has a varied cooking style, from Mediterranean, Thai, French, Peruvian, Caribbean, South African and American, with a focus on healthy locally sourced products and produce. With over 4 years’ experience in different roles on boats, from 48 ft to 160 ft, you can be ensured that all your needs will be taken care of and that all of your senses will be engaged at each meal time dinning on the aft deck of Dragonfly!
With their warm and personable, yet professional personalities Christiaan and Hanrie pride themselves on making every trip onboard Dragonfly and utterly unforgettable one for all of their guests!
- All breakfasts are served with a selection of fresh fruits, coffee, tea, fruit juice, yogurt and cereal
- Decadent Crème Brulee French Toast served with bacon and fresh bananas and strawberries
- “The Willy-T cure” – Homemade bacon and cheese croquettes topped with a fried egg, local arugula and micro greens served on homemade guacamole
- Pancake stack. Homemade buttermilk pancakes topped with bacon and dusted with powdered sugar and served with a summer berry sauce on the side
- Smoked Salmon Bagel Platter. A delicious selection of salmon, avo, spinach, sprouts, capers, red onions, boiled eggs, assortment of cream cheese, bagels
and everything you need to make the perfect salmon bagel
- Eggs Benedict with a homemade hollandaise sauce, bacon, spinach and sprouts served atop an English muffin
- Hearty and healthy spinach and feta frittata served with a homemade Caramel banana bread
- All lunches are served with homemade ice tea, lemonade or specialty infused waters
- Homemade crab and ricotta raviolis in a lemon butter sauce, served with snow crab claws
- Soy mustard steak and grilled vegetable salad, served with a freshly baked white truffle bread
- Baked Ginger, lemongrass and lime Mahi served with a Caesar salad in a parmesan cup
- South African style ground beef and vegetable samosas, served with a refreshing cucumber salad and South African chutney
- Slow cooked fall off the bone honey BBQ ribs, served with a bacon potato salad and buttery corn on the cob
- Seared Ahi Tuna Burger with Asian slaw and guacamole
- Greek Lemon Chicken kebabs, served with homemade tzatziki and hummus Greek salad and crispy pita bread
- Appetizers are served with the Captain’s cocktail of the day
- Decadent Truffle tuna tartar topped with avo and cucumber and served with organic blue corn chips
- Bacon wrapped cream cheese chili poppers. Great with Margaritas!
- Greek platter, with whole roasted artichoke, heart of palm, marinated olives and feta, cottage cheese stuffed peppadews, hummus and guacamole and mini pita breads
- Coconut shrimp served with a sweet chili sauce. A true island favorite!
- Fresh Mahi ceviche served in a parmesan cup
- Cheese platter of fine select cheeses, meats, honeycomb, maple bacon jam and fresh fruits
- All entrees are served with a selection of wine and homemade infused waters
- Citrus and herb slow roasted Cornish hens, served with wild rice, gravy and prosciutto wrapped green beans
- Pan Seared Sea bass on a bed of basil pea puree and garlic roasted baby potatoes, topped with local arugula
- Caribbean coconut paella, with chicken, chorizo and giant tiger prawns. A traditional Spanish paella with a Caribbean, twist served in a coconut
- 48 hour Marinated Fillet Mignon barbequed to perfection, served with truffle herb fries, sesame roasted asparagus and a trio of sauces: Black truffle mushroom, Bacon Maple Aioli and Chimichurri
- Succulent Pork Marsala served with a grilled polenta cake topped with roasted tomatoes and feta
- Fresh whole baked fish with basil, garlic, onions and tomatoes, served family style, with a savory saffron rice and lemongrass and lime roasted veggies
- Fall of the bone slow cooked red wine braised lamb shanks, served with a garlic mash and buttery rainbow carrots
- Desserts are served with a selection of coffee, tea and liquors, or chocolate milk for the little ones
- Mini key lime pie parfaits
- Death by chocolate flourless chocolate cake, served with fresh strawberries
- Vanilla panna cotta topped with passion fruit puree and fresh fruits
- Giant chewy chocolate chip cookie, served in a mini skillet straight out of the oven and topped with ice cream
- Classic vanilla and bourbon crème Brule
- Deconstructed tiramisu, served in a chocolate cup
- Individual caramel banana pies
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
|Winter 2018 to 2019||$32,000||$32,000||$32,000||$33,000||$34,000||$35,000||$36,000|
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef.
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert.
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolate and more.
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar.
- Onboard Water Sports
- Basic broadband Wireless Internet Access.
- Air Conditioning.
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI license and port fees.
- Fuel for the yacht 4 hours per day and dinghy.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions.
- Premium Beverages & excess alcohol consumption.
- Airport Transfers.
- SCUBA Diving.
- Taxes, permits and other fees may apply in Bahamas and Caribbean.
- Crew gratuity – 15-20% of the charter cost scaled up or down for level of service.
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.