Excess – Catamaran
- 70 foot Sunreef sailing catamaran
- Accommodates up to 9 guests
- 4 queen cabins & optional single bunk for child available
- Scuba Diving and Instruction onboard
EXCESS is one of the very few builds from Sunreef Luxury Yachts in the region. She is the seventh of the eleven Sunreef 70′ sails ever built and just went through a refit in 2018. EXCESS is an up galley, owners edition. She has 1 larger master suite with pullman plus 3 spacious queen cabins, all with private ensuite heads with stalls showers and electric toilets fresh water flush. All cabins have individual A/C controls. Crew stays in the twin bunk room but is flexible if client needs bunk room crew will use 1 queen, this cabin is small and suitable for children.
The yacht is strikingly and uniquely styled and certainly has a presence no matter what bay it’s anchored in. With her 70 ft length and 34 ft beam EXCESS boasts tremendous exterior and interior space which includes a full dining area for alfresco dining in the cockpit, flybridge with 360 dgree view and dining area plus sun pads, and an elegant salon with formal dining option. The salon seating area has a 65 inch flat screen TV along with updated top of the line surround sound in all common areas. The fore deck has bean bag seating, cocktail teak table, and large trampolines with pillows for relaxing in the sun. The fly bridge has a large teak dining table with wrap around seating as well as surrounding seating for sun lounging.The yacht has an extensive array of water toys such as sea scooters, diving board, stand up paddle boards, scuba diving, kayaks, wake boards, knee boards, free diving, various floats, and more.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
Submit your review
We just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our time on Excess. Your profession attitude and willingness to answer our questions was also appreciated. It's truly been a fantastic 30th Anniversary trip with our friend and kids. You guys are rock stars! Until next time.....
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generators
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet access
- TV and Stereo system in saloon
- Outdoor speakers in cockpit and flybridge
- iPod/device hookup
- Ice maker
- Hammock & sun awning
- Sailing instruction ASA
- 15ft Walker Bay Tender w/70 hp outboard
- 2 pax Kayak
- Adult and children waterskis
- Wakeboards, Tube & Kneeboard
- 3 Stand-up paddleboards
- Fishing rods and gear
- 2 Sea scooters
- Snorkel gear
- Various floats
- U/W camera & video
Model: Sunreef Catamaran
Year: 2011 w/ refit 2018
Captain Ben & Chef/Mate Michelle Foglesong
Captain Ben was always fascinated by the sea, he started scuba diving and sailing regularly while studying marine biology at UVA. He later moved to Florida to be closer to the water and earn his master’s degree from the University of Miami. During Ben’s time in Florida he taught scuba diving and ran boats upgrading his USCG Master captains credential to 100GT. Ben is also an American Sailing Association sailing instructor and enjoys sharing the intricacies of sailing this amazing vessel with interested guest. He is very serious about the safety of his guests and yacht but this certainly does not impede his ability to have fun onboard.
During his time in Florida is where he met Michelle and the two have been inseparable since day one. After getting engaged they decided a life on the water in the Caribbean would suit them perfectly and began to work towards the big move. The two initially took jobs on the water cruising and diving. Daily snorkel and scuba trips were rewarding but they knew they wanted to get to sail more while sharing their culinary creations with people and EXCESS was the perfect fit.
Onboard Excess Ben enjoys sharing a wide variety of water activities with his guests including diving board, underwater scooters, wakeboarding, tubing, and many more. He is a highly credentialed PADI scuba and freediving instructor who is also classically trained in marine biology and enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge of the organisms and ecosystems we observe underwater with guests. Ben is a veteran with a background in fitness training who will gladly take you on a rewarding hike to some of the best views atop the islands or can put together and accompany you in a morning workout onboard, upon request. Ben also loves crafting your favorite cocktail and getting you comfortable in one of the vessels large exterior spaces or taking that perfect vacation photo for your group with his drone.
Michelle is known for her kind nature and positive outlook, “in optimism there is magic” she often says.
Born on the Central East Coast of Florida, Michelle grew up with saltwater coursing through her veins. She spent the weekends cruising the waters of the inter-coastal with her family who taught her all about boating, sea life and fishing. Although boating was the highlight of every week, she never imagined it one day becoming a part of her career.
Cooking also became a passion for Michelle at a young age. She spent every Christmas break in Pennsylvania with her Italian grandmother and great grandmother. This time spent was invaluable as she learned all about the foundation of her families’ secret recipes. “Even now when I visit we still spend 80% of the time in the kitchen (the other 20% eating)”, Michelle says. She continues, “It’s so great that I can now give my grandmother a rest; cooking for her and proving that I was paying close attention all these years.”
Michelle loves to cook with fresh herbs, vegetables and lean proteins. Her favorite challenge is turning something some consider boring into something magnificent! She loves experimenting with combinations of French and Asian flavors that send the taste buds spinning. Guests aboard Excess are in for a tasty experience that will be remembered long after their charter.
When not in the galley you can find Michelle leading dives/snorkels, planning memorable events for any occasion or shaking up delicious cocktails. Basically, anything to make chartering on Excess the vacation of a lifetime.
Ben Started working in the Caribbean in 2013 and together with Michelle they have been chartering in the Caribbean Islands as a team since early 2016. They take pride in everything they do and enjoy applying their combined 20 years’ experience in hospitality with their local knowledge to create the perfect experience for your group.
- Croissant French Toast with Whipped Ricotta and Strawberry Coulis
- Blue Lump Crab Cake Eggs Benedict with remoulade aioli
- Farm Fresh Hash with Fried Egg, Heirloom Tomatoes and Fingerling Potatoes
- Whole Wheat Cereal Bread with Avocado and Fresh Salsa
- Chocolate Chip & Sea Salt Pancakes
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Gingered Pear Stir Fry
- Soba Noodle bowl with Thai peanut sauce and Jumbo Red Shrimp
- Ahi Tuna Stack with Avocado, Bell Pepper & ginger infused sushi Rice
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Pomegranate Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Grilled Sirloin Burgers with Rosemary French fries and Smashed Cucumber Salad
- Moroccan Chicken Brochettes with Chickpea Salad
- Mexican Fish Tacos with Smashed Guacamole and Lime Crema
- Strip Steak Crostini with Herbed Goat Cheese & Crispy Shallots
- Seared Sea Scallops in a Bacon Cream Sauce
- Goats cheese & garlic mushroom flatbread
- Shrimp stuffed marinated mushrooms
- Passion Fruit Wilted Spinach Salad
- Garlic crusted Mussels in the half shell
- Scallop Ceviche in a watermelon consumme
- Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Garlic Pommes Puree
- Cedar Plank spiced Salmon with bacon brasied cabbage
- Prawns & Scallops in a Champagne Beurre
- Crab Crusted Fresh Wahoo
- Chicken Dijon with Pecorino Risotto
- Pappardelle Carbonara
- Filet Mignon with mushroom peppercorn sauce
- Captain Caught Caribbean Lobster over Paella
- Cappuccino Soufflé with Brandy Whipped Cream
- Fresh Strawberry Phyllo with Cream Cheese Mousse
- Chocolate Fondant with Glazed Raspberries & homemade ice cream
- Fresh Beignets
- Frozen Key Lime Pie
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax||9 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$33,000||$33,500||$34,000||$34,500||$35,000||$35,500||$36,000||$36,500|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$33,000||$33,500||$34,000||$34,500||$35,000||$35,500||$36,000||$36,500|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.