Great Adventure – Catamaran
Modern and Bright
- 45 ft sailing catamaran
- Accommodates up to 6
- 3 Queen en-suite cabins
- Scuba Diving onboard
GREAT ADVENTURE is a modern, bright, and spacious Lagoon 450 catamaran available for luxury crewed charter in the Caribbean and based in the Virgin Islands. This luxury catamaran sleeps up to 6 guests in comfort and style. The stylish galley and saloon are tastefully designed and equipped. The saloon has wrap-around windows, providing uninterrupted views during your yacht charter.
This Lagoon 450 is fully air-conditioned and has a high output reverse osmosis water maker, powered either by shore power or by a whisper-quiet generator, located away from sleeping quarters making for a peaceful night’s sleep during your luxury crewed yacht charter. The spacious cockpit comfortably sits all guests around an ample table to make dining al fresco a pleasure. There is a ventilation hatch on the bridge deck, that funnels a cooling breeze into the cockpit area. 3 Double cabins provide spacious accommodation for all. For such a spacious yacht, she is surprisingly nimble, and the gulping-shaped bridge deck makes her very comfortable underway, no slapping or slamming aboard this beauty, and you can hop between islands in under an hour, or choose to spend longer under sail. The choice is entirely yours during your cruise through the Virgin Islands.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$14,500||$15,250||$16,000||$16,750||$17,500|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$14,500||$15,250||$16,000||$16,750||$17,500|
Christmas week: $20,000
New Year week: $21,000
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner, and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine, and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- If the charter area includes the BVI; cruising permits, national parks fees, fishing permits, taxes, and port fees are not included.
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping, or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN SEAN & CHEF/MATE ELIZABETH
Sean began his sailing career in Sausalito, California where he bought a boat to live aboard. He was quickly in awe with the lifestyle and realized that he wanted to be in the boating industry. Sean went to the east coast to be a deckhand on the tall ship S/V Liberty Clipper doing week-long charters for up to 24 guests in the Bahamas. After completing that journey, his next position was as deckhand on George Patton’s sailing yacht, S/V When and If, where he sailed from Quebec to the Florida Keys. He was quickly offered a position as Captain due to his variety of skills, attentive care for the ship and crew, as well as his captivating presence with guests. While Sean remains the relief captain for When and If, he has continued his sailing career joining M/Y OLOH transiting through the ICW and east coast as well as joining the educational vessels S/V Adventuress and SSV Geronimo. Sean enjoys every experience he has on the water watching a sunset and spotting marine and wildlife. He is drawn to continue his career in the USVI and BVI for the unique diving excursions and the opportunity to sail in one of the world’s most beautiful locations.
Elizabeth grew up as a competitive swimmer inspired by the healing benefits of water. She moved to Florida to be by the ocean and to be near her grandmother who passed away shortly thereafter from Alzheimer’s disease. Elizabeth enriched her life in Florida by achieving success for eight years in a career helping people with cognitive impairments as well as providing guidance to caregivers. Her compassion led her down a path as an Eldercare Advocate to help people in the hospital to ensure a safe discharge with a focus on their quality of life. Elizabeth developed a weekly yoga and meditation program to help relieve stress and enhance memory stimulation for both patients and their caregivers. She also led multiple yoga classes in the community that focused on holding a calm and safe space for beginner to advanced practitioners. She is on the next chapter of her career and wishes to connect with people through sailing to incorporate similar healing benefits that yoga embodies. Not only does Elizabeth want to show people a fun and memorable experience, she will create nourishing meals to satisfy your taste buds and enhance your vacation.
- Homemade muffins, bacon or sausage, toast with your choice of butter, jam, or peanut butter and local tropical fruits are served with every breakfast. Morning smoothies to your liking will also be available.
- Overnight Soak Oats with Old-Fashioned Cinnamon Rolls
- Sweet Potato and Caramelized Onion Hash with Over Easy Eggs
- Coconut Waffles with a Maple Lime Syrup and a Side of Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
- Mushroom and Goat Cheese Frittata with Roasted Potatoes
- Poached Eggs with Melted Cheddar Cheese and a Side of Grits
- Soy Ginger Turkey Burger with a Pineapple Kale Salad and Truffle Fries
- Zucchini Noodles with a Creamy Avocado Sauce
- Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl with Jasmine Rice
- Baked Falafel Sandwich Topped with Tzatziki Sauce
- Blackened Mahi Caesar Salad and a Toasted Baguette Smeared with Local Goat Cheese
- Spiced Watermelon “Fries” with a Lime Crema Dip
- Burrata with Prosciutto and Melon Sprinkled with Himalayan Salt
- Red Snapper Ceviche with Avocado Crostinis
- Fruit and Cheese Board with a Baked Sunset Apricot Brie
- Grandma Van Tampa’s Sicilian Flatbread
- Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto with Buttery Scallops and a Fire and Ice Tomato Salad
- Pork Tenderloin with Chile Spiced Grilled Broccoli and Whipped Potatoes
- Cayenne Rubbed Chicken with a Zucchini and Yellow Squash Gratin and Vietnamese Rice
- Sous Vide Steak, Turmeric Coconut Rice, and Toasted Ravioli
- Brown Butter Honey Garlic Glazed Salmon, Topped with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with Olive Oil and Garlic, Merged with a Side of Brown Rice
- “Red, Red, Red Wine” Lava Chocolate Cakes
- Ginger Apple Empanadas Drizzled with Butterscotch
- Lemony Butter Cookies
- Gooey Caramel Brownies
- Rum Soaked Cherries Over Ice Cream
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet Access
- Digital HD flat screen TV with directTV and Apple TV
- Full surround sound system with Sonos
- DVD players
- iPod docking station
- Cockpit and flydeck speakers
- CDs, videos, DVDs
- Books and games
- Cockpit ice maker
- 12’ rigid inflatable boat w/15 hp engine
- Snorkeling gear
- Large floating sun mattress
- 2 x stand up paddleboards
- 2 person kayaks
- Fishing gear
- Beach games
- Underwater camera
- Scuba diving available
Model: Lagoon Catamaran
Engines: 2 x 54 hp
Scuba Diving Onboard
- Scuba gear included
- 3 dives included for certified divers
- Additional dives $25 per dive
Walkthrough with the crew
Submit your review
The vacation was amazing. The crew was perfect! The food was great and we lucked out on the weather. We did some amazing diving in St Croix and did lots of swimming. They made sure we didn't want for anything and that everything we asked for was handled. The yacht is clean and well taken care of. AC worked great and bed was comfy for sleeping. We used the float platform and did a bunch of boat dives. The equipment was great and the captain was an awesome dive master. Diving directly from the boat and not having to work with a local dive company was an awesome experience. Meals were great. The chef created a great experience that blended excellent tasting and looking meals with a healthy twist. Crew were great! The made the trip. They were very engaging and friendly but also gave us our space when we wanted to be by ourselves. They were very in tune with our needs and went above and beyond by focusing on the details. I can't say enough about them - they really made the trip special. It was perfect!! Just what we asked for smooth and tranquil vacation, although, could have stayed for another week!
The crew were amazing! My family and I were first timers and we are now counting down the days to our next trip! We adore them. Anything you want they will deliver on!! Can’t say enough about the trip, the boat and the crew!!
All of the food was AMAZING! Especially the pastry dishes. The crew was professional and courteous and always there to help. I loved the big yellow duck 🙂 The shrimp and the salmon were me fave! - but truly all of the food was great. Must see list - the baths and soggy dollar. Thanks for an amazing experience. The crew were excellent hosts! They never sit down in tending to their guests, I don't see how they do it. Food was amazing!
We had a blast! My grandkids LOVED it. They want to go again in a couple of years! The crew were great with kids with all the water sports. The food was amazing! The chef was awesome! The boat is beautiful. Thanks for making this happen for me! Another check off my bucket list!
This was truly life changing experience! Thank you! Chef you are an unbelievable cook and anticipates your clients every need. Captain you are safe and creative captain whose small choices made all the difference in the trip. Thank you both and you know you always have family in SC~
This was the perfect vacation. When we booked, we just randomly selected Great Adventure, how lucky were we??? The crew were the best crew we could have asked for!! They treated us like royalty. We felt so lucky each day. Diving with the captain was exciting, but at the same time so peaceful. He has a calming way about him and we felt safe with him. Each site he took us to was different, but equally beautiful. The food, well what can I say, the chef was a great cook. Each meal was beautifully presented and delicious. She also finished them off with a yummy dessert. I'm still wondering how she did it all on our boat. I wish I could let you know which one was better than the other but all the food was wonderful! Both of them were so knowledgeable about, our surroundings and environments, sailing, diving, they were so informative. We really can't thank you enough. You are so kind and well caring. We will definitely do this again because of your wonderful hospitality. If you move to a bigger boat we will follow! We will have to visit you in Newport! Captain thanks for entertaining Twin, that's a job in itself. Thank you Thank you Thank you. We hate to leave.
My husband and I just spent the past week aboard the "Great Adventure" with good friends in the B.V.I. We pleaded with the crew to give us your email addresses as several of us felt compelled to let you know what amazing young adults you have raised. As a mother of four young adults (ages 16, 21, 23, 25) I had to share with you my husband's and my sentiments regarding the crew. As host & hostess, co-captains of the Great Adventure, phenomenal! The captain is a confident, knowledgable captain, who handled the boat with grace and style, considered safety, sailing conditions, our comfort, and never hesitated to cater to our desires. (My husband and I are runners and often needed a dingy ride to shore to go for a run!) The chef is a sweetheart and an amazing chef. It was one delicious meal after another. Their warm personalities, confidence, maturity and genuine hospitality was deeply appreciated. I know you must be very proud of them. We had a remarkable week and will be sure to tell all of our family & friends about this crew and inform them all about where they may encounter a true "Great Adventure." Hope you are well.
We just got home last night from our trip on the "Great Adventure" We had a fabulous trip. The boat is really set up physically for "hosting" 3 couples easily. There are multiple places to "hang out" when we wanted to be together or when we wanted more private time. More important than the boat however was that our crew are a really nice couple. They may be young (in fact they are younger than our kids) but they are energetic and as focused on service, safety and making sure we all had a great trip as any crew could possibly be and all six of us could only give them an unqualified 100% A+ rating. .They really were fabulous and genuinely nice couple. Just wanted you to give you this input since they are relatively new to the charter business. Thank you also for your help setting up our charter. Everything worked like clockwork. We will be back.
Thank you so much for four fabulous days on the yacht. Our only regret was not booking longer!! Enjoyed the amazing snorkelling and water sports! Especially loved Bobby's scuba initiation. You are a lovely couple, very engaging and taking care of all our needs! Food was amazing and so were the you tube videos.
Thank you for the most amazing vacation. The food and destinations were incredible, but truly the best part was the friendships we developed with yall along the way. Nothing could beat The Captain’s stories with chefs frequent interruptions. You guys are amazing. We had the best time and look forward to doing it again very soon. Best Wishes and happy voyages
Epic Yacht Charters provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.