Great Adventure – Catamaran
Modern and Bright
- 45 foot Lagoon sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 6 guests
- 3 queen cabins
- Scuba Diving available onboard
GREAT ADVENTURE is a modern, bright and spacious Lagoon 450 catamaran available for luxury crewed charter in the Caribbean and based in the Virgin Islands. This luxury catamaran sleeps up to 6 guests in comfort and style.
The stylish galley and saloon is tastefully designed and equipped. The saloon has wrap around windows, providing uninterrupted views during your yacht charter. There is also a chocolate leather couch in the main salon with matching leather stools.
This Lagoon 450 is fully air conditioned and has a high output reverse osmosis water maker, powered either by shore power or by a whisper-quiet generator, located away from sleeping quarters making for a peaceful night’s sleep during your luxury crewed yacht charter.
The spacious cockpit comfortably sits all guests around an ample table to make dining al fresco a pleasure. There is a ventilation hatch on the bridge deck, that funnels a cooling breeze into the cockpit area. 3 Double cabins provide spacious accommodation for all. For such a spacious yacht, she is surprisingly nimble, and the gulping shaped bridge deck makes her very comfortable underway, no slapping or slamming aboard this beauty, and you can hop between islands in under an hour, or choose to spend longer under sail. The choice is entirely yours during your cruise through the BVI.
Our Luxury Crewed Lagoon 450 is truly a superb yacht where the idyllic scenery, changes with every blink of the eye, as you sail through nature’s little secret, the beautiful island chain of the British Virgin Islands.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$13,500||$14,250||$15,000||$15,750||$16,500|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$13,500||$14,250||$15,000||$15,750||$16,500|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN CHARLIE & CHEF/MATE CAMMI
Captain Charlie grew up in Newport, Rhode Island and his family’s love for the local beaches cultivated his affinity for the ocean at a young age, motivating him to work as a lifeguard and diver as soon as he was old enough to take a paycheck. After high school sailing, Charlie joined Roger Williams University’s competitive and nationally ranked team to continue honing his skills on the often-chilly Narragansett Bay. During his summers, Charlie worked as first mate on a schooner in Newport. Having had a taste of larger vessels, Charlie joined the community of seasonal sailors racing classic 12 meters during the New England summers and diving the Caribbean in the winters. Since then, Charlie has earned his PADI Dive Master certification, continued to foster his competitive streak in 12 meter North Americans and super yacht regattas, and learned to take yachting to a new level in the charter boating world. Charlie’s attention to detail and his experience in handling large yachts affords his guests confidence in their safety and allows for a great opportunity to learn sailing while aboard Great Adventure. His anticipation of guests needs leaves those in his care feeling pampered and relaxed.
While Mate/Chef Cammi also hails from Newport, she grew up a bit unconventionally and had 30,000 ocean miles under her sailing belt by the time she was 14. Raised on various different sailboats throughout the Eastern seaboard and Caribbean islands, Cammi’s fondest memories are from the two years she and her family spent crossing the Pacific Ocean. During high school Cammi made her best attempt at a “normal” land life and studied ballet, traveling across the world to dance both academically and professionally, however, her love for the sea eventually became too strong to deny. Since leaving land life, Cammi has spent summers working on schooners and yachts in New England and winters split between catamarans in the Caribbean and a writing degree in Boston. Eager to up her game, Cammi has also opted to pursue culinary training and loves experimenting with local cuisines, creating delicious, healthy meals like her mother taught her to do as a “boat kid”.
As a team, Charlie and Cammi are masters at bringing together the perfect mix of excitement, creativity, relaxation, and professionalism. With years of sailing to look back on, they draw upon a wealth of shared experience to ensure that their guests feel at home, whether that means a round of cool drinks to ease the heat of the day, a jungle hike that ends at an enormous private beach, or a guided dive through the belly of a sunken ship. With their natural love for spending time on the water, it’s impossible not to feel inspired and awed by the beauty of the Caribbean with Charlie and Cammi onboard. Always eager to share the passion and knowledge they have for their work and environment, Cammi and Charlie are the ideal guides for a Virgin Islands adventure.
Charlie and Cammi combine their love for sailing and the ocean with the love of people to deliver an EPIC charter!
- Homemade granola with yogurt, milk, mango, and jam
- Eggs scramble with sweet potato, eggs, kale, and caramelized onions
- Classic eggs benedict with hollandaise sauce
- Nutella crepes with bananas
- Bacon-wrapped eggs with tomatoes, avocado, and grilled plantains
- Fried eggs with spinach, mushrooms, and toast
- Pancakes with pineapple, macadamia nuts, and coconut
- Crispy corn tortillas with black beans, feta, lime, cilantro, and a spicy avocado sauce
- Honey garlic chicken with roasted broccoli and cabbage
- Grilled Mahi on a lentil, cucumber, date salad with lemon vinaigrette
- Avocado salad topped with grilled citrus shrimp, toasted almonds and fresh bread
- Blackened chicken with avocado and a spicy pineapple dressing
- Caramelized onion, mushroom, and Swiss cheese melt with tomato soup
- Cherry quinoa salad with cucumber, almonds, blue cheese and grilled chicken breast
- Charcuterie plate with assorted cheeses, nuts, fruits, and jams
- Fresh baked bread with olive oil, pesto, and hummus
- Tomato basil bruschetta on crostini with a balsamic reduction glaze
- Chicken bacon ranch pinwheel wraps
- Homemade guacamole with toasted pepitas and chips
- Avocado fries with a creamy chipotle lime sauce
- Cucumber bites with smoked salmon and an herb cream cheese
- Caribbean style chili with mushrooms, peppers, spinach, and jerk chicken on brown rice
- Lemon herb chicken scaloppini with spinach, caramelized onions, and buttery mashed potatoes
- Grilled pork chops with basil-garlic rub, maple glazed carrots, and roasted brussel sprouts
- Four cheese ravioli with tomato, asparagus, walnuts, and fresh parmesan
- Fettuccini Alfredo with mushroom, chicken, peas and fresh rosemary garlic dinner rolls
- Mahi-Mahi fish stew with peppers, onions, tomato and wild rice
- Fresh sesame crusted seared tuna tacos with avocado, mango, and a wasabi cilantro aioli
- Lavender lemon tarts with an oat and almond crust and fresh whipped cream
- Red velvet cake with cookies and cream ganache filling
- Cashew cheesecake topped with mango and coconut
- Classic Caribbean banana mudslides topped with a homemade caramel drizzle
- Peanut butter cup and marshmallow s’mores dip with graham crackers
- Cinnamon fried pineapple with caramel ice cream and a chocolate drizzle
- Baked pears with maple syrup, walnuts, and vanilla ice cream
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet Access
- Digital HD flat screen TV with directTV and Apple TV
- Full surround sound system with Sonos
- DVD players
- iPod docking station
- Cockpit and flydeck speakers
- CDs, videos, DVDs
- Books and games
- Cockpit ice maker
- 15’ rigid inflatable boat w/70 hp engine
- Water skis for adults
- Knee board, wake board, inner tube, tandem skis
- Snorkeling gear
- Floating sun mattresses
- 2 x stand up paddleboard’s
- 1 2 person kayak
- 8 person floating “sofa”
Model: Lagoon Catamaran
Engines: 2 x 54 hp
Submit your review
This was the perfect vacation. When we booked, we just randomly selected Great Adventure, how lucky were we??? The crew were the best crew we could have asked for!! They treated us like royalty. We felt so lucky each day. Diving with the captain was exciting, but at the same time so peaceful. He has a calming way about him and we felt safe with him. Each site he took us to was different, but equally beautiful. The food, well what can I say, the chef was a great cook. Each meal was beautifully presented and delicious. She also finished them off with a yummy dessert. I'm still wondering how she did it all on our boat. I wish I could let you know which one was better than the other but all the food was wonderful! Both of them were so knowledgeable about, our surroundings and environments, sailing, diving, they were so informative. We really can't thank you enough. You are so kind and well caring. We will definitely do this again because of your wonderful hospitality. If you move to a bigger boat we will follow! We will have to visit you in Newport! Captain thanks for entertaining Twin, that's a job in itself. Thank you Thank you Thank you. We hate to leave.
My husband and I just spent the past week aboard the "Great Adventure" with good friends in the B.V.I. We pleaded with the crew to give us your email addresses as several of us felt compelled to let you know what amazing young adults you have raised. As a mother of four young adults (ages 16, 21, 23, 25) I had to share with you my husband's and my sentiments regarding the crew. As host & hostess, co-captains of the Great Adventure, phenomenal! The captain is a confident, knowledgable captain, who handled the boat with grace and style, considered safety, sailing conditions, our comfort, and never hesitated to cater to our desires. (My husband and I are runners and often needed a dingy ride to shore to go for a run!) The chef is a sweetheart and an amazing chef. It was one delicious meal after another. Their warm personalities, confidence, maturity and genuine hospitality was deeply appreciated. I know you must be very proud of them. We had a remarkable week and will be sure to tell all of our family & friends about this crew and inform them all about where they may encounter a true "Great Adventure." Hope you are well.
We just got home last night from our trip on the "Great Adventure" We had a fabulous trip. The boat is really set up physically for "hosting" 3 couples easily. There are multiple places to "hang out" when we wanted to be together or when we wanted more private time. More important than the boat however was that our crew are a really nice couple. They may be young (in fact they are younger than our kids) but they are energetic and as focused on service, safety and making sure we all had a great trip as any crew could possibly be and all six of us could only give them an unqualified 100% A+ rating. .They really were fabulous and genuinely nice couple. Just wanted you to give you this input since they are relatively new to the charter business. Thank you also for your help setting up our charter. Everything worked like clockwork. We will be back.
Thank you for the most amazing vacation. The food and destinations were incredible, but truly the best part was the friendships we developed with yall along the way. Nothing could beat The Captain’s stories with chefs frequent interruptions. You guys are amazing. We had the best time and look forward to doing it again very soon. Best Wishes and happy voyages
Thank you for a wonderful trip! You have been professional and friendly throughout the whole week – particularly with a large group of women which can be challenging.
Thank you so much for everything over the past week-the food was absolutely fantastic thank you for being so accommodating to all the groups intolerances (aka mine) and mike your margaritas are fantastic! ~ We couldn’t have asked for a better family trip- it is truly a trip we will always remember! Thank you!
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.