Laysan – Catamaran
Space, Luxury & Performance
- 72 foot sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 10 guests
- 2017 model with exceptional headroom
- 4 queen cabins, 1 Twin
Step aboard sailing catamaran LAYSAN and you will be immediately impressed by the beauty of the design, immense amount of living space and pervasive atmosphere of calm. But there’s so much more than meets the eye. Once you’re under sail the thrill begins.
LAYSAN was custom-designed by Bill Dixon of Dixon Yacht Design, one of the world’s leading yacht design studios, with input from the Owner, himself a superyacht captain. The goal was to build a perfect charter yacht. The result is a yacht ideally suited to active charter clients that want to ride the waves on the trampoline, be cooled by salt spray and laugh at the wind. LAYSAN is super fun under sail. From cutting-edge hull design to high-tech, efficient engineering systems, to sophisticated styling, LAYSAN is in a class of her own.
LAYSAN has a layout with social spaces that are designed to accommodate large parties. The yacht is an excellent option for groups of friends and extended families keen to share the yachting adventure without ever feeling cramped. The innovative design allows for flexibility; be together, or find an intimate nook.
Charter LAYSAN if you love to sail. This is a yacht built for sport. She can reach speeds of over 13 knots, which will make you feel as though you are flying over water! Watch the surf rush underneath the trampolines. Soak in the sun on luxurious sun pads. Dive or snorkel right off the deck. Immerse yourself in paradise.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$30,000||$31,000||$32,000||$33,000||$34,000||$35,000||$36,000|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$30,000||$31,000||$32,000||$33,000||$34,000||$35,000||$36,000|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN NEIL & CHEF/MATE KAREN
Neil was raised in Lancashire, Northern England, on the azure waters of the River Mersey. By six years of age, he was already out boating on the Irish Sea. As a youth he sailed classic yachts on the River Mersey, venturing all the way to Scotland, Wales, and to the Isle of Man for the motorcycle racing, his second great passion. In addition to sailing, he was also a fishing and scuba enthusiast. He credits his maritime skills to mentoring by the fishermen of the Irish Sea.
Neil has always been an active sports enthusiast, participating in both team and individual sports. His passion and hobby as a youngster was going to Anfield to watch the mighty Reds. He was also a long-distance runner participating in 13 marathons. He has won awards and trophies too numerous to mention. To this day, he enjoys demanding, high-energy activities. When he has spare time for indulging in hobbies, they include; soccer, squash, rugby, golf, tennis, fishing, hiking and ice climbing.
The yachting destination he enjoys the most is rugged and challenging: Port St. Mary, Isle of Man. With 10-meter tides and matching currents, short weather windows, and unpredictable seas, it’s an accomplished coast to sail and perfectly suited to this high achiever. Neil has had a full career at sea, from commercial fishing vessels and luxury charter yachts to lobster fishing in the North Atlantic, and he has intimate knowledge of the Caribbean from his years chartering and sailing there. Guests aboard LAYSAN could not be in more skilled hands.
Karen was born in Toronto, Canada and had her first marine experiences on the Great Lakes of Ontario. She launched her culinary career just out of high school, working in an authentic English tea house, baking scones and cooking traditional English lunches. She went on to complete college medical school and worked as a urology lab technician conducting clinical trials. She also worked in patient care and volunteered with the cancer society and with animal welfare.
However, this natural-born caregiver was also passionate about good food and making people very happy serving them delicious meals. So, she made the decision to attend culinary school to refine her techniques and expand her repertoire. It was the right choice. Karen has thoroughly enjoyed her ten-year career as a yacht chef. Her favorite dishes to prepare for guests are those local to the cruising region. Guests aboard LAYSAN will have the pleasure of sampling recipes using a variety of Caribbean spices, fresh fish and produce, for a truly authentic culinary experience.
Neil and Karen have been married for over 30 years, spending many of those at sea. When not sailing, they call Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, home. They are seasoned veterans of the yachting industry, with over 150 weeks of charter and many sea miles sailing in the Atlantic, the Caribbean, and the US Eastern Seaboard all the way to Canada.
LAYSAN is a 2017, performance sailing catamaran with luxurious accommodations and lots of toys and gear. You decide the pace and activities of your holiday; the crew makes it all happen beautifully. Welcome aboard LAYSAN, your vacation of a lifetime.
- All breakfasts are served with morning bread and a selection of fresh fruits, coffee, tea, fruit juice, yogurt and cereals.
- Eggs in a Basket Grated potato baskets with a baked egg topped with crispy maple pancetta.
- Parmesan Scones with Cream Cheese and Smoked Salmon & Parma Ham Warm fresh baked cheesy scones topped with whipped cream cheese and your choice of smoked salmon or Italian ham.
- Huevos Rancheros Sautéed Onions and peppers in a spicy chipotle sauce topped With a Baked Egg and served in a warm tortilla.
- Butter Milk Pan Cakes with jam, honey & maple syrup Fluffy pancakes dressed any way you like with peameal bacon.
- Traditional English Scrambled eggs with onions and green peppers, streaky bacon, fried tomatoes topped with cheese.
- French toast.
- Jumbo Shrimp & Chicken in a Spicy Asian Marinade with a Thai Dipping Sauce served with Homemade Coriander Flatbread.
- Tomato Basil Bacon Tarts with Salad Grape Tomatoes marinated in balsamic vinegar & olive oil, fresh basil leaves & old fashion bacon baked on a puff pastry tart with goat cheese.
- Seafood packet with Quinoa Salad Snapper fillets on top of delicate vegetables all wrapped up in a parcel and steamed In white wine. Canapés Antipasto Salty black and green olives, marinated hot and sweet peppers, creamy Italian cheeses & crunch breadsticks.
- Bequia chicken curry with couscous An Island curry warmed with cinnamon & cloves with the sweetness of pumpkin, couscous Seasoned with allspice & vegetables.
- BLT Plus Homemade Grilled Bread with a Spicy Mayo, Crispy Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato, Served with oven baked Cajun potato wedges.
- Cornbread soufflé with salad A savory egg custard with sweet corn and onions. Served with a spinach salad with poppy seed dressing.
- Chicken Sandwich Roll. Roasted Chicken, bacon, sun dried tomatoes in a Honey Mustard glaze rolled up in Freshly baked bread.
- Seared red tuna with seaweed salad.
- Cantaloupe & Prosciutto Cantaloupe slices wrapped with tasty prosciutto. Grilled pita chips and hummus Spiced and crispy pita chips with traditional chickpea hummus.
- Camembert Baked camembert with jalapeño jelly and a selection of fine cheeses.
- Mini Frittatas with Rocket & Watercress.
- Jicama, mango & fennel salad Crunchy, sweet with a little heat with a simple but tasty lime and olive oil dressing.
- Tomato & Mozzarella Salad Heirloom tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella and basil leaves, simply dressed To let their natural flavor come through.
- Sun-dried tomato & Asiago cheese melted on top of crusty garlic bread. Appetizer
Endive Chicken Boats
- Indian Fish Pakoras. Mild White Fish Coated with a Flavourful Chickpea Batter, on a bed of arugula served with a drizzle of homemade Peach Chutney.
- Herb Crusted Lamb Marinated Rack of Lamb encrusted with Stilton Cheese and Seasoned Bread Crumbs, roasted sweet potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- Grapefruit & lobster cocktail Segmented Ruby red grapefruit Entree Loin of Pork Tender Loin of Pork with sage rub wrapped in smoky bacon topped with Savoury Warm Apple and Sage, gratin potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- Trinidadian Chicken with Caribbean Rice Caramelized Chicken slowly cooked in aromatic Caribbean spices and served with traditional island rice.
- Lobster tails with saffron risotto Sweet Lobster Tails Grilled in their shells with Dill Butter & Sea Salt, Creamy scented Saffron Risotto.
- Duck Breast Pan Seared Duck Breast in a Cherry Brandy Sauce served with Horseradish Potato Mash and vegetables.
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Mango Salsa & Plantain Gratin. A delicious island fish topped with a spicy but sweet salsa along with a local taste plantain gratin.
- Beef Bourguignon – Traditional Beef Round Slowly Braised in Cognac & Red Wine served on a bed of Buttery noodles.
- Key lime pie Graham cracker crust, sweet lime filling with a Meringue topping.
- Figs & Honey Warmed Figs drizzled with Honey Yogurt and Sprinkled with Crushed Pistachios.
- Grilled Pineapple & Papaya Rum flambé of Sweet pineapple & papaya served with mascarpone cream & coconut bake.
- Almond cake with cream Freshly baked on board complimented with fresh market fruit.
- Rum mousse with fresh fruit Creamy cool mousse with a hint of rum on top of sweet seasonal berries. Sprinkled with dark chocolate shavings.
- Cinnamon ginger cake & apple compote. Baked on board a warm cake flavored with the spices of the islands.
- Poached pears with ice cream. Pears poached in a cinnamon and vanilla syrup, homemade ice cream topped with a Grand Marnier chocolate sauce.
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and showers
- Heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free WiFi Internet Access (may vary by location)
- 50″ UHD Samsung flat screen TV
- Blueray Player
- Samsung TV
- Sonos Surround Sound (salon and cockpit) Laysan LAN
- iPod/device docking station
- Nespresso machine
- Board games
- Cockpit and flydeck speakers
- Cockpit ice maker
- 17’ rigid inflatable boat w/70 hp engine
- Water skis for adults/children
- Wake board, Kneeboard & towing tube
- Snorkeling gear
- Floating mats & beach games
- 2 x Stand Up Paddleboards
- Light fishing gear
- Underwater hull lights
Model: Serenity Catamaran
Engines: 2 Yanmar 200 Hp w/ bow thruster
Submit your review
We feel so lucky that God put you in our path. It was by chance that we found you to sail with and we could not imagine sailing with anyone else. Thank you for making our trip planning effortless, for sharing with us the special places we visited, and for giving us something to look forward to in the future. There is no way to explain to others, how special sailing with you is so I hope we will plan another voyage with you soon and share this experience with our friends. We love you both and sailing with you feels like coming home. God bless you both as we part ways and may you both have a joyful 2020.
The “A” Family
Aqua waters, white sand beaches, colorful fish, shining Tarpon, struggling coral, laid-back beach bars, floaty nation, fruity cocktails, light breezes, mighty liars’ dice, seriously competitive charades, lazy afternoon naps, fantastically yummy meals, beautiful boat and superbly capable captain.Thank you to this crew for everything! We are so luck to have landed with you and look forward to another trip with you both. Combining superb seamanship with gracious hospitality isn’t trivial….and you two make it look effortless. We look forward to our next adventure together!
What a lovely week you have given our family. I can’t imagine having our first yacht experience with anyone but you two. The entire week has felt like we have been guests in your home. Captain you have a teacher’s heart and have taught us so much about the ocean, yachting and even how to use our watches for a compass. You have smiled through all our questions and answered with such patience. Chef; you have the gift of hospitality and feeding people WELL! Your quiet, sweet spirit made us feel so welcomed and as if we were family. And the food, there are now words to adequately describe how happy our taste buds and bellies have been all week with your fun menu planning. This has been a week full of beauty of the islands, wonderful conversations with our family and with you. Thank you for being such great sports with our music video making! It has certainly been a memory making week and we can’t wait to tell everyone we know or meet about our wonderful captain and his beautiful “crew/chef” wife!
God really did match us with the perfect team. And if you ever make it to Alabama, please let us know because we would love to welcome you into our home! And we hope to make it back on your boat.
Thank you cannot do justice to this fabulous week long Christmas trip! Our first time away from home for the Christmas Holiday and we are certain we did not miss a thing! 5th trip in the BVI’s for Leigh, 4th for Martin and 3rd for our four children. So, yes, we are pros! This one tops then all!! The boat is beautiful, the scenery we know and love BUT – Captain and First Mate CANNOT be beat. We have never felt so comfortable with a boat team. The captain’s incredibly competent hands, we smoothly sailed and were wowed at his numerous abilities. Sailor, Engineer, Comedian, Peace Maker, and so much more! His amazing wife the chef was a cook beyond compare and she was the easy going co-pilot in every sense of the word!
Thank you – we will be so sad to leave you and hope that our paths cross again.
Our trip on Laysan was nothing short of fantastic. We are most appreciative - you are real pros at what you do. No complaints, we had a ton of fun and were REALLY Sad to leave.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.