Lir – Catamaran
Spacious Classic Catamaran
- 67 ft Fountaine-Pajot sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 8 guests
- 1 King & 3 queen cabins
- Scuba Diving onboard
LIR is a 67 foot Victoria Fountaine-Pajot luxury sailing catamaran. There are 4 cabins. The owner’s cabin has a king size central located bed with a sofa area and work desk. All cabins have en-suite bathrooms. The 3 additional queen cabins are spacious and modern. Throughout the boat is light cherry wood and accents of Caribbean colors. There is a large outdoor dining table for gourmet meals in the fresh warm air along with a giant fly bridge with space large enough for all guests to relax while sailing and at anchor. LIR’s crew of 3 completes this EPIC yacht with experience and fun loving personalities.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax||9 Pax||10 Pax||11 Pax||12 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||€30,700||€31,300||€31,900||€32,500||€33,100||€33,700||€34,300||€0||€0||€0||€0|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||€30,700||€31,300||€31,900||€32,500||€33,100||€33,700||€34,300||€0||€0||€0||€0|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN JOSS & CHEF Aurélie
Joss was born in England and has always had an outgoing personality and a passion for the sea, with a desire for sailing and water sports, so it was no surprise that he decided from an early age to pursue a career on the water.
Joss was 20 years old when he traveled to South Africa in pursuit of obtaining his captain’s license as a 200 ton RYA Yacht-Master. Soon after he had his first Command, as Captain of a Fountaine Pajot Helia 44 out of La Rochelle, France, cruising the Mediterranean for its owner and developing a passion and subsequently the skills for Scuba Diving over two seasons. Joss took an Ipanema 58 across the Atlantic, quickly advancing into their Flagship Victoria 67s as Captain for two years throughout the Caribbean.
Captain Joss is a qualified PADI Open Water dive instructor and genuinely enjoys encouraging his guests to join him, when possible, on trial dives or if the guests already hold their own qualifications, in exploring new locations and dive sites where the scenery is every bit as interesting below the surface as above.
Joss combines his maturity and experience along with an energetic personality to tailor a high energy and safe charter, to entertain your family or guests on a vacation of your dreams. Whether it is lounging on the trampoline with a cocktail in hand or wakeboarding in the sun, Joss will add the energy and life to your charter, always with a warm smile.
Chef Aurélie has French as her primary language, however, after 10 years of her career in the tourism industry traveling around the world, she is as happy to talk to all her guests in her “natural” English and Spanish.
Her love of the sea started at a young age and by 20 years old she was already a dive instructor, teaching as far from home as South East Asia and the South Pacific, reflecting her own interest in marine conservation. During that period she started her life in sailing as crew on three trans-Pacific crossings.
After settling in New Zealand and working in a French Restaurant for two years, where she developed and evolved her skills as a chef, Aurélie decided that the Charter Industry was the life for her. She set about gaining maritime chef experience as well as obtaining numerous qualifications, very notably at the yacht charter focussed Ashburton, where she has only recently returned from her second development period there, gaining even more new ideas.
As for many years a natural chef at sea, she is now a highly qualified chef with wide experience in the Caribbean, from Trinidad to the Bahamas, onboard several Catamarans over the last three years, during which time she met up with Joss on the Flagship Victoria 67 Aletheia.
Lir has gained a top-class and well-known chef to join the Team, where her eclectic experience and culinary knowledge can be fully demonstrated to her guests, thereby ensuring that our dedication to high standards throughout our yacht can be fully enjoyed at all times of the day and night.
First Mate Toby Wood
We are very fortunate to have such an experienced and highly qualified First Mate onboard Lir.
Toby started his charter career with Lir’s sister ship and since then has obtained many qualifications from Advanced Powerboat Instructor up to RYA Yacht-master, before moving over to Lir this year.
Toby brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to the team, having spent a considerable time working on Lir’s sister yacht as crew and relief Captain as well as being on Lir in his early life at sea.
Toby enjoys sharing his enthusiasm with everyone on board, encouraging and teaching others more about sailing and water sports.
Toby has completed several transatlantic crossings over the last 4 years on a FP 57 as both Captain and Crew and recently on Lir.
Being at home on Lir preparing your favorite cocktail or beer, or sailing and assisting Joss with all matters onboard , enabling our guests to get the most from the water sports available during charter or assisting your chef Aurélie throughout the day we are very confident that Toby will help you get the most from your vacation with us.
- Sweetcorn and fritters – Sweetcorn and green chili fritters with red pepper relish and avocado.
- Crispy poached eggs – Prosciutto wrapped grilled asparagus served with crispy breaded poached eggs and a lemon dressing.
- Banana and sesame Crepes – Crepes laced with sliced banana, toasted pine nuts and sesame seeds, raw honey and creamy Greek yoghurt.
- Italian eggs Caprese – Fried eggs with crisped Pancetta, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil
- Toast and Ricotta – Home made toasted French bread topped with Ricotta cheese, charred peaches, crushed hazelnuts and drizzled with honey.
- Eggs Benedict – Crispy pancetta and poached eggs atop warm English muffins with a lemon hollandaise
- Tomato and Burrata tart – Mini tarts filled with marinated tomatoes and fresh burrata mozzarella, served with sliced boiled egg and and lemon balsamic dressing.
- Sushi platter – A selection of fish, shellfish and vegetarian sushi served with pickled cucumber and sesame salad and dipping sauces.
- Smoked mackerel pate – Served with mini Brioche loaves, red onion chutney and green salad.
- Thai crab cakes – Ginger and lemongrass crab cakes with Asian Slaw and crispy wontons
- Ravioli – Home made spinach and ricotta ravioli with tomato and balsamic drizzle, served with a zingy lemon and rocket salad.
- Sea Bream – Roasted Bream fillet served on toasted Sourdough with beetroot humous, dressed salad and sprinkled with zingy Zatar.
- Goats Cheese Pithivier – Oven baked puff pastry wrapped goats cheese served with an apple, cucumber and lemon salad and drizzled with balsamic glaze.
- Smoked chicken salad – Grilled Pear, pecan and Blue Stilton salad paired with smoked chicken and a chive Creme Fraiche
A daily, pre-dinner selection of nibbles served alongside a sunset cocktail
- Crusted Hake – Cumin and parmesan crusted Hake fillet served on a coconut and cauliflower puree, with seasonal vegetables and a lime emulsion.
- Chicken Kiev – Curried butter Chicken Kiev served atop butternut squash Sag Aloo
- Rack of lamb – Herb crusted rack of lamb with a red wine reduction, served with minted new potatoes and buttered spring greens.
- Red Snapper – Pan seared snapper fillets with leek and vermouth-leek cream sauce, herbed sautéed potatoes and lemon-buttered asparagus.
- Filet Mignon – Seared fillet steak dressed with a peppercorn and cognac sauce, crispy potato Latka and roasted root vegetable medley.
- Lobster Tails – Griddled Lobster tails with barberry, garlic, lime & chili butter served with saffron roast potatoes and harissa charred cauliflower
- Pork Belly – Crisped pork belly accompanied by creamy mashed potato, apple puree and fine green greens
- Hoisin duck breast – Pan seared duck breast drizzled in a blackberry and Hoisin sauce, with sesame noodles, shiitake mushrooms and pak choy.
- Panna cotta – Mango and coconut panna cotta served with vanilla bean shortbread and champagne foam
- Poppy seed cake – A light poppy seeded sponge with a passion fruit curd, served with toffee almond praline and fresh cream.
- Pineapple Carpaccio – Paper thin pineapple slices marinated in a ginger and chili syrup, served with basil sorbet and a crispy almond Tuile
- Chocolate Cremeaux – Rich chocolate cremeaux with an Amaretti crumb and a tangy orange fluid gel
- Lemon tart – Lemon tart with a shortcrust pastry served on a bed of toasted meringue with Dulche de Leche and fresh blueberries
- Profiteroles – Mocha creme patissier filled profiteroles dipped in chocolate fudge glaze and served with fresh strawberries.
- Parkin Cake – Spiced ginger Parkin Cake served with mango sorbet and toasted coconut.
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generators
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet access
- 48″ 3D smart TV/DVD with hundreds of movies
- Full surround sound system
- iPod docking station
- Cockpit ice maker
- 13’ rigid inflatable boat w/50hp engine
- Water Skis for adults
- Snorkel Gear
- Wakeboard and Tube
- Flick Kick
- 2 Stand up paddle boards
- Light fishing gear
- 1-2person kayak
- Scuba diving onboard
- 2 Seadoos
- Wet suits
Model: Fountaine-Pajot catamaran
Engines: 2 Volvo Penta engines
Scuba Diving Onboard
- Gear included
- 5 dives incl. per week for certified divers
Submit your review
It is without hesitation that we write this note extolling the virtues of the LIR and its’ amazing crew. First I need to mention that 2 of the 4 couples had previously visited the BVI so we had some notion of what we were in for. But any preconceived ideas were for exceeded by the LIR and its’ crew. From Captain’s first phone conversation when he said “your watches, cell phones and shoes will be confiscated upon boarding” to our heartfelt goodbyes at the end of our trip our entire voyage went without a hitch. While one could be fooled by the Captain’s boyish looks his demeanor, humor, in addition to his competence he was an absolute joy to have as our Captain. And when we first had a chance to review the menu prior to the trip we anticipated good food. But the reality of the chef’s culinary talents were extraordinary during every breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All of us just marveled as the chef came out to relate the menu and its’ ingredients for every meal. And 1st mate was always there helping everyone out with whatever was needed at the time. His watersports and sailing experience were in play every day. The chemistry between all three was evident every day and we all felt comfortable and relaxed throughout. We could not have had a better crew and our experience reflected that. They are a real asset to the LIR. And the this note wouldn’t be complete without a comment about the LIR. It was a beautiful and luxurious vessel and stood out among most every boat we saw in the BVI.
Another fabulous week of laughter, sun, snorkeling, adventures, MacDuff’s, piggies, and lots of
Mexican Train. Chef, the food was out of this world! We can’t tell you how much we love
and adore you all. Please promise us that you can and will come visit up in Maryland and we
would love to make you guys feel as loved as you made us feel throughout this week. Your
attention to detail is amazing. We would follow you anywhere. Even to the iguanas. “yikes!!!”
See you in a few weeks. . . months! (I promise)
I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much we enjoyed our cruise. The boat was (well-maintained), the weather held out and the crew was exceptional! I would highly recommend this crew. The boat was always clean and orderly. The meals were outstanding and all of our needs were anticipated before we even thought to ask. They are by far the best crew I have ever experienced. I know alot about food and hospitality - I own and manage hundreds of restaurant throughout the East Coast. Cooking on a boat with limited equipment is very challenging. I want to especially thank the chef for taking into consideration our dietary restrictions. She even found time to bake fresh bread and deserts each day. Her creativity and attention to detail was was present at each meal. We loved her food so much she is sharing her recipes with us. The captain addressed all of my boating questions, got us to all of our destinations safely and especially helpful getting me reacquainted with Scuba diving. The crew some how knew what we wanted before we thought to ask. Their smiles and willingness to please was genuine-- all of our guests had a great time! I look forward to booking a trip next year -- I am open to any comparable vessel but you can be certain I will ask for the same amazing crew. Thank for under promising and over delivering
Michelle helped match us up with the most Amazing crew. By far this was the best family vacation with my children I have ever had. The crew were wonderful and the boat was great.
What an awesome week. You all helped made the trip incredible and one we will never forget. We are so grateful for everything. It was so fun! Wonderful hospitality, excellent food and fun times! Wish we could book a trip with you guys every year.
Thank you for such a memorable trip and all your hard work to totally spoil us on our stay on Lir. From the time we saw your smiling faces at the airport to the end of our trip, you have all been so wonderful. The scenery was wonderful, but without the care and attention you provided it would not have been so enjoyable. The meals were wonderful and in addition to the food was your interest and eager enthusiasm. The trip was memorable and the biggest part was sharing with you all. From the bottom of my heart-thank you-you handed us perfectly.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.