Luar – Catamaran
Classic Luxury Catamaran
- 61 foot Privilege sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 6 guests
- 3 king cabins
- Master cabin has seating area and desk
LUAR is the runner up “multihull yacht over 57 feet” at the 2016 BVI Charter Yacht Boat Show. Luar features 3 king cabins. The king cabin is giant with room to walk around the bed, a seating area, and a spacious area with a desk. The interior of the yacht is stunning blond wood and classic accents. The flybridge is spacious with sun beds to relax in the Caribbean air. Luar’s experienced crew is Captain and Chef Richard Cassarino and First Mate Lisa Pratt.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$25,500||$25,950||$26,450||$27,250||$27,950|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN/CHEF RICHARD & MATE/CHEF LISA
Rich and Lisa welcome you aboard S/V Luar. This experienced and relaxed couple can’t wait to share their love for the Caribbean making this an unforgettable and once in a lifetime vacation for you, your family and friends. Rich and Lisa have been chartering in the Virgin Islands for over 10 years and consider it their home and hope you will feel the way about this precious place.
Rich, a graduate of Johnson & Wales University, owned and operated Cassarino’s Ristorante in Providence Rhode Island’s “Little Italy” for over 20 years. The restaurant was consistently rated the “Best Italian restaurant in Providence “. He now brings his superior cooking and entertaining skills to the S/V Luar. Each meal will be tailored to your taste and preferences, from breakfast to scrumptious multi-course dinners.
Lisa, an accomplished florist and art/design degree holder, owned and operated a successful, high volume flower shop in Providence Rhode Island, “Floral Designs by LiRog”. She has 20 years’ experience in event and party planning.
In 2006, after years trying to fit in sailing into their busy schedules in Newport Rhode Island, Rich and Lisa decided to sell it all and head for the warm Caribbean Sea and haven’t looked back. They enthusiastically welcome you aboard and invite you to share their passion of great food, great wine and of course, the turquoise waters and warm breezes of the Virgin Islands.
A vacation on Luar with Rich and Lisa is tailored to each guest, whether that be relaxing with a cocktail in hand soaking up the sun or a great scenic hike to start the day, they will make it happen. This easy going couple are ready to make this your best vacation ever!
- Filet mignon eggs Benedict
- Fluffy banana pancakes with Vermont maple syrup and maple sausage
- Spinach and Brie omelet with bacon
- Assorted frittatas
- Hot and cold cereals
- Texas French toast topped with fresh strawberries and whipped cream
- Roast beef and Boursin cheese Panini
- Assorted quiches
- Grilled Pizza with Andouille sausage, peppers, onions and Fontina cheese
- Bib lettuce topped with goat cheese and sundried tomatoes topped with a warm bacon caramelized onion balsamic vinaigrette
- Sliced pears over mixed greens with a walnut buttermilk dressing garnished with candied walnuts
- Shrimp scampi over black pepper linguini blanketed with Reggiano Parmesan
- Seared rare tuna with wasabi sauce and cucumber salsaSan Marzano tomatoes roasted with garlic and herbed goat cheese served with crustini
- Assorted cheeses pate’ and chutney with fruit and crackers
- Assorted Sushi with Sake
- Lemon Caper Salmon Cakes
- Osso Boco – Braised veal or lamb shanks served over risotto
- Pistachio-crusted rack of lamb with pomegranate demi-glace
- Filet mignon with Stilton cheese and port wine sauce
- Duck breast topped with a raspberry demi-glace and goat cheese
- Blackened tuna with mango salsa
- Bananas Foster over vanilla ice cream
- Cassarino’s famous Tiramisu
- Chocolate lava cake with blackberries and ice cream
- Creme brulé
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet access
- Salon TV with lots of movies
- Full surround sound system
- iPod docking station
- Cockpit ice maker
- 12’ rigid inflatable boat w/40hp engine
- Water Skis for adults
- Snorkel Gear
- Wakeboard and doughnut
- 2 Stand up paddle boards
- Light fishing gear
- 1-2 person kayak
Model: Privilege Catamaran
Year: 2004: Refit in 2014 & 2016
Engines: 2 Yanmar engines
Submit your review
This is our second time with this yacht and crew- they are now like family! Words cannot express our appreciation for all that they do. We had such an amazing experience and made memories we will never forget. Thank you got this wonderful adventure and cannot wait to return for more. We love you guys. God bless and keep safe.
Thanks for a fantastic week! My entire family had the time of their lives. Every site, every meal, every location choice was spot on. Thank you for your patience in answering all of our questions, most of which were repeated many times. The activities were endless and so much fun! The boat was really comfortable and we felt at home with you guys from the get go. We really cannot wait to come back! We wish you guys luck in the new charter year. We cannot recommend your charter highly enough. It was awesome!
WOW! What an amazing trip. We can not thank you enough for your hospitality. Captain, your meals were outstanding and chef, your positive and fun vibe while doting on us throughout the trip was the icing on the cake. The way you both work together, seamlessly, to give us all a trip of a lifetime is so appreciated. We are walking away with many fun memories and hope to return for more in the future.
No words can fully describe the special week we had with you both. We knew this trip would be an indulgence and it really was in every single way all of us felt indulged,special,looked after and cared for! From the sushi that greeted us, to the soufflé we ended with, to the endless cocktails. The deliciousness for our bodies and the peacefulness for our minds was the perfect antidote to all of our busy lives! We will all treasure the continuous laughter and joy we experienced with incredible snorkeling,hikes,exploring all the different beaches (and bars).You both are truly gifted for making us feel so welcomed to your sea home. We can’t wait to come back. There have been so many incredible and hysterical memories, from the rap music, coffee talk in the morning and to many other indulgences to comment on. We love you guys and thank you for an experience of a lifetime.
Another life changing week come and gone. This place and this boat are unbelievable by themselves but the company is still far and away the real game changer. I really enjoyed every minute hanging around the crew and hope to see you again. I consider you both close friends now and will be of service to you both if there is ever anything I can do for you. Thanks so much for being so kind, gracious, witty, funny, and tolerant. I love you guys!
You guys are two of the best people I know and it's been such an amazing week. Seriously don't know anyone as funny, kind, intelligent and fascinating as you guys. You guys are real gems, just like everywhere you take us. Can't wait to see you all again!
By far my favorite trip I have ever taken. You two are amazing people. So thoughtful, funny and outgoing. So happy we were able to join the family this tie around and hope to see you guys again!
Thank you so much for an amazing trip. It wouldn't have been so perfect if it wasn't for you guys. Chris & I both appreciate your patience & GREAT hospitality especially with baby Isla. We can't wait to show her pics of this trip someday. You both went above and beyond! Thanks a million, enjoy your much deserved time off!
Thank you so much for everything. Your certainly went above & beyond to make this our best family vacation ever.
Thank you so much for a wonderful trip. I had so much fun and I know I can speak for the whole family for that. Sam, your cooking is awesome! That was the best trip ever. Also we got to go to amazing beaches. Thank you so much for giving so much and letting us sleep in. Thank you so much.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.