Pacific Wave – Sailing Yacht
Ride the Wave
- 72 foot sailing yacht
- accommodates 6 guests
- 1 double bed and 2 sets of bunks
- Virgin Islands – winter & The Grenadines – summer
PACIFIC WAVE is a 72 foot Giorgetti & Magrini Italian built sloop. A true timeless sailboat. She is the perfect yacht for both sailors and non-sailors with a blend of power, stability and elegance. The ample deck space and large cockpit allow guests to enjoy a lot of outside space. The inside of the yacht is a light cherry wood with cream colored accents. The cabins have large windows to allow natural light in. Captain Lynn and chef Mark are Pacific Wave’s owner and crew. Captain Lynn is an experienced captain who is a yacht-master with years of racing experience. She is also a PADI divemaster. Chef Mark is also from England. In addition to also being a qualified captain and pilot, Mark is an established chef. His style is Southern Mediterranean with classic cuisine and fresh ingredients. Mark won 1st place in the chef competition at the St Thomas boat show and 2nd place in the Antigua boat show. PACIFIC WAVE and her crew sure to make your sailing vacation EPIC!
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$16,000||$16,500||$17,000||$17,500||$18,000|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
Lynn was born in Cheshire but spent all her time by the sea in a small coastal town in North Wales. From as early as she can remember she was on the water in some boat or another. Aged 14 she acquired her first 16ft speed boat which was in need of some TLC. Lynn removed all the yellow paint taking the hull back to bare Aluminium and restored it in beautiful Flag Blue. Her father had a successful construction company and as a schoolgirl Lynn kept the books for the family business. This led to a degree in accountancy following which she started a professional career as a Chartered Accountant. Lynn has worked in senior finance positions for some of the World’s biggest Insurer’s, such as Euler International, Endurance Worldwide & Groupama. Based in the City of London she traveled all over Europe and specialized in setting up from scratch new Insurance Companies. After work she loved her TVR sports car and golf. She was also a qualified aerobics instructor and in the evenings after work she taught aerobics for 12 years. For her vacations Lynn loved to travel to the Far East, Middle East, and golf courses all over Florida; always taking to the water wherever possible.
Her busy career took her away from her first love of sailing but since 2001 she’s been back on the water qualifying with an “MCA Master 200 tons” licence and an “RYA Commercially Endorsed Yacht Master” ticket for sailing vessels and has been sailing full time for many years, most of the time as Skipper of medium to large yachts. She owned her first yacht in the UK for four years (a lightweight Scandinavian built racer called Temptress) and cruised and raced her extrensively up and down the south coast of the UK. She’s raced seriously at regatta’s such as Cowes Week, Cork Week, Antigua Race Week & St Maarten Heineken Regatta. She’s sailed on a 100ft Wally up and down the Caribbean and a large Oyster from Ireland across the Mediterranean to Croatia. Lynn was a Rear Commodore of the Little Ship Club, the oldest sailing club in the City of London. Along with social activites and club cruises she also organised popular weekend racing. She started a winter racing series that encouraged members back onto the water and re-vitalized the club.
Lynn has intimate knowledge gained from years of experience of both Caribbean and Mediterranean sailing which includes both island cruising and full on racing. Lynn and Mark met at Antigua Race Week in 2004 and have been sailing ever since. Since purchasing Pacific Wave in June 2008 she has been sailing with Mark full time, travelling up and down the Caribbean every year fro Puerto Rico to Trinidad. Lynn is a keen diver and underwater photographer and is a qualified PADI Divemaster. Diving is now offered from Pacific Wave. When not sailing or diving she is a keen golfer and accomplished horsewoman she has an uncanny ability to find the best anchorages close to the best golf courses and the best stable yards.
Mark’s home county of Dorset in South West England was a good place to grow up and become involved in both sea and farming and, after his partner Lynn, it’s not surprising that his main passions are sailing and food. Mark’s adventures started early, aged 18 he did his first big sailing trip – 1,300 miles in an old C&N sloop from Lymington on the south coast UK to La Coruna in northern Spain and back. Also at the age of 18, and travelling alone, he walked 5000 miles from Cape Town South Africa to Cairo Egypt. It took seven months, cost $300,and included being arrested for spying in Uganda. After this and some time running around in the British Army it was a welcome rest to go to college aged 24 and study Agriculture. While there he found enough spare time to become elected President of the Students Union – campaigning tirelessly for cheaper beer. After college he was a shepherd for large flocks of sheep in southern England and then he farmed in south west Portugal, growing vegetables and raising sheep. He was a Royal Bath & West of England scholar, travelling to Australia and New Zealand to study problems with drug resistance in sheep flocks. After 6 years in Portugal he returned first to the Isle of Wight and then Cambridge UK, but traveled all over the world to buy produce and then sell it to UK supermarkets. He spent his free time dinghy sailing and racing at Grafham Water and on the Suffolk coast – and flying. Mark has been an airplane pilot for over 20 years and he likes to bring the discipline of flying to his everyday job as a professional sailor. In 2003 mark returned to the Isle of Wight and went sailing full time but kept his toe in the agricultural water with sweet corn in Hereford and Christmas turkeys in Marlow. He now holds an “MCA Master 200 tons unlimited area” licence and “RYA commercially endorsed ocean master” tickets, both for sailing and power vessels. Mark learned to dive age 13 in Malta and then with the British Sub Aqua Club. He dived wherever in the world his work happened to take him and he is a PADI Divemaster. Diving is now offered from Pacific Wave.
He speaks Portuguese well and gets along well in Spanish and French. Mark’s previous career in agriculture brought him close to food preparation as well as food production and he has worked on road shows with some of the most renowned celebrity Chef’s of today. His style is tinged with global influences but mix Southern Mediterranean light cooking with classic cuisine and an intimate knowledge of quality fresh local ingredients.
- Plain yoghurt with fresh fruits
- Poached eggs & bacon on a muffin
- Salmon topped muffin with scrambled eggs
- Freshly made omelette of your choice
- Fresh croissant with parma ham and emmental
- Buckets of proper Italian coffee and fresh juice
- Classic Niçoise salad
- Chicken salad with tarragon and grapes
- Mediterranean chicken with sundried tomatoes & black olives
- Grilled local red snapper salad
- Grilled vegetable terrine
- Mustard and herb coated chicken breasts
- Avocado and king prawn salad
- Jamon Iberico
- Marinaded Olives
- Mini croquettes
- Manchego cheese
- Charred bread with a pesto humous dip
- Freshly made guacamole dip
- Artichoke heart & warm bacon salad
- Timbale of lightly cured tuna and avocado with a tomato and basil dressing
- Insalata Tricolore
- Warm field mushrooms cooked with fresh herbs and garlic in a filo cup
- Aubergine and smoked mozzarella rolls
- Warm tenderloin steak salad topped with blue cheese crumbs
- Smoked salmon salad with a freshly made French vinaigrette
- Italian antipasto plate
- Dorada Stacks – layered egg plant, fresh basil, beef tomatoes, line caught dorado topped with a green salsa verde
- Tamarind and lime chicken served with wild basmati rice
- King shrimp cooked in cherry tomatoes, white wine with a hint of chilli served on a bed of fresh ink squid pasta
- Filet mignon steak served on a bed of spinach with garlic mash
- Frenched lamb dressed with a mustard and Italian herb crust served on a bed of squash & sweet potatoes
- Mahi Mahi stuffed with fresh basil & sundried tomatoes wrapped in proscutto ham
- Fresh lemmon syllabub made with Bequia honey
- Flambé apple tarte tartin with caramel ice cream
- Summer fruit compote served with creme fraiche
- Homemade cheesecake served with fresh mango sauce
- Profiteroles with chocolate sauce
- Fresh crepes stuffed with local fruits served with a chocolate fudge drizzle
- Freshly made Italian Tiramisu
- Caribbean bananas oven baked with local rum
- Air-conditioning and fans
- Deck shower
- Water maker & generator
- wifi available with hotspots
- 32′ large flat screen TV
- Ipod/device hookups
- Stereo system
- Ice maker
- Luxury Eqyptian cotton bed linens & towels
- 11 rigid inflatable boat w/10 hp engine
- Water toys
- Beach games
- Genesis Snorkel Equipment – New Jan 2017
- Electronic Star Finder
- 2 New Abaco 1 Man Rigid Kayaks – New Jan 2017
- Fishing gear
Builder: Giorgetti & Magrini/Yacht Officine Pesaro SR
Year Built: 1986 (Full Refit 2015)
Draft: 12′ 8″
Engines: Caterpillar 350 hp Turbo
Submit your review
Thank you for an absolutely wonderful week aboard Pacific Wave. Carole, Gordon, Owen, Benny, James and I enjoyed ourselves immensely! Your warm hospitality and excellent cooking together with your superb choice of anchorages made this the best family vacation we have ever had. Pacific Wave is a beautiful vessel. The care and love you have for her and each other are very special. We didn’t feel like we were on a charter; rather we felt like we were sailing with old friends. I have been taking notes all week on how to run a successful charter so I can run off and chase my own dreams, however I doubt that I would ever be able to do it as well as you both do!
The highlights of our trip:
- mooring between the Pitons
- perfect sail to and from Bequi
- deep sea sport fishing ( 🙂 smile! )
- turtles, turtles, turtles!
- New Years Eve in Bequia
- the secluded crescent beach at Chatham Bay
- and of course the 5 star 3 course meals every night!
I would love to come back to Pacific Wave again and perhaps learn a bit more about the chartering business if you will let me! We all had a truly fantastic holiday. Sincerely thank you for everything,
Dave, Carole, Gordon, Ben, James, Owen.
A lovely week, made so by your every attention, your good company and not to be overlooked Mark’s cuisine. To have found the BVI after Irma was, from our entirely selfish perspective, delightful, yet tempered by the knowledge that many suffered and lost. That said, to have seen these pretty islands uncrowded and at natures own ease, was of particular pleasure. Pacific Wave is a lovely boat. All the best Claude.
Our week with you was amazing. This was one of my bucket list, and the first big trip (many more to come) for Cindia and me. The beauty, the soft winds, the amazing dinners and lunches, and (gasp) breakfasts you served were great! Now for 2 months of dieting. We hoped to have good diving, and you arranged a special and more expensive outfit, that was just great! Cindia and l loved our diving, so beautiful. Your kindness, warmth and good humour were just incredible. Thank you so much for a fabulous week!”
Spent a wonderful week with you in the BVIs, our first trip here. Pacific Wave is such a beautiful sailboat. The chef’s culinary delights were amazing & delicious. The captain is so meticulous and welcoming. Hope to return soon. Thank you for being so co-operative and helpful with our change of itineraries.
What a wonderful escape you provided from New York winter doldrums and the pressures of work and responsibility. We’ll return to our world refreshed ready to carry on!!! Thanks for taking such great care of us, guiding us through the BVIs, feeding us, ligating us, and ensuring we had a wonderfully relaxing respite. We thoroughly enjoyed our short week on Pacific Wave. Thank you for hosting us for a truly fabulous and memorable time.
“What a wonderful week we Boulinds had in your care – we enjoyed sailing, snorkelling, trips ashore, Mark’s fantastic meals and Lynn’s delicious desserts – and most of all becoming acquainted and re-acquainted with the BVI. Thank you for planning our itinerary, showing us so many wonderful sites and sharing your beautiful boat with us!” ~Jeannette “Thank you Lynn and Mark! It was a great trip, and the kids really loved it. Next time we will have our diving certification so that we can see even more fish!” ~ Oliver “The trip was amazing! I saw 5,000,000 things. The fish were amazing!” ~ Henry age 12 “I thought that it was an amazing trip. It was so cool to see all the colourful fish and reefs.” ~ Lucie B age 9
We had a very nice family vacation week with our 3 boys. It was their first time sailing on a boat this size and Pacific Wave is a lovely boat. Thank you to the crew for the experience. Great recommendations for snorkel and anchor spots and really good knowledge of the BVI.
Thank you for a great week full of snorkeling & sailing. We enjoyed your cuisine & conversation. Next time you are near Maine or New York City let us know
What a week! You have spoiled us rotten – the sails, the seas, the food, the laughs – we couldn’t have asked for a better way to ‘sail’ into 2016 thank you! Your knowledge and expertise of sailing and all of the secret spots and coves in the BVI’s made for a wonderful week. We loved stargazing with that alien machine – we will surely be talking about that device for years. We were honoured to have had the chance to read excerpts from Mark’s book – what an incredible adventure! We look forward to reading it in print someday soon!! We hope you have a happy, healthy 2016. Hope to see you both soon!