Pelican – Catamaran
Fun for the whole family
- 58 ft sailing catamaran
- Accommodates up to 10
- 5 Queen en-suite cabins
- Scuba diving onboard
PELICAN is a 58 foot sailing catamaran with ample space to accommodate 10 guests and combines a high degree of luxury to make the yacht a wonderful charter option for large groups. The interior is bright with lots of color making the yacht inviting and open. Crew, Shawn and Autumn welcome you on board.
Shawn and Autumn love to spend time on the water, whether it’s diving, snorkeling, surfing, paddling or sailing. They are excited to bring their captain and crew knowledge of charter yachts to give you a sailing vacation you won’t forget. Shawn has a passion to share his love of the ocean with others. Autumn brings passion for cuisine on board Pelican.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax||9 Pax||10 Pax|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$18,500||$19,000||$19,500||$20,000||$20,500||$21,500||$22,000||$24,000||$25,000|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$20,000||$20,500||$21,000||$21,500||$22,000||$22,500||$23,000||$25,500||$26,500|
Christmas week: $25,300
New Year week: $26,300
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN JENN & CHEF/MATE JOJO
Jenn learned to love sailing over ten years ago when she taught dinghy and keelboat sailing at California State University, Long Beach. Sailing then took her around the world, running charters from Southeast Asia to the Mediterranean and Caribbean. Jenn has a strong passion for the ocean, and fell in love with diving in her favorite place to sail, the Virgin Islands. She took a brief hiatus from being on the water to go below it, and became a dive instructor, so she could share her fascination of the sea and all its creatures with her guests. Now back to chartering Jenn prides herself on her extensive knowledge of the Virgin Islands, offering the best views both above and below the waterline.
Jojo started working as a chef aboard sailing yachts 6 years ago, whilst still studying for her masters degree in Geography. Having graduated she realised her passion remained on the sea and in the kitchen, she switched career paths, received a professional diploma in culinary arts and took up cheffing full-time. Jojo is very experienced, having now cooked for and served guests throughout the Mediterranean and the Caribbean onboard a variety of different sailing yachts. Whilst also sharing her knowledge by training and instructing others to enter the industry. Having travelled to over 40 different countries Jojo loves to experience the local cuisine, and when possible take a local cooking class. This has meant she doesn’t specialise in one specific cuisine, but her cooking takes influence from many different places, including a multitude of flavours in the kitchen. However, if she did have to choose a favourite she would probably choose fresh fish and seafood as it seems quite fitting for being out on the sea.
Guests can look forward to fun, unforgettable days with captain Jenn and chef Jojo on board.
- Served in addition to a fresh fruit platter, fresh bread and pastries, meat and cheese platter, and yoghurt and muesli parfaits.
- Poached eggs served on top of smashed avocado on sourdough toast with feta and chili
- French Toast with either greek yoghurt and mixed berry compote or with crispy bacon and sautéed mushrooms
- Omelettes with bacon, Swiss cheese and tomatoes or spinach red onion and goats cheese
- Sesame bagel topped with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and chives
- Eggs Benedict: poached eggs balanced on top of an English muffin with crispy prosciutto and spinach, drizzled with hollandaise sauce.
- Parmesan potato hash with sausages, crispy bacon, roasted cherry tomatoes and fried eggs
- Crepes made to order with a selection of both sweet or savory fillings
- Salmon Stuffed Squid Ink Tortellinis with Saffron and Lemon Cream Sauce and a Roasted Red Pepper Relish, served with a Mixed Leaf Salad.
- Warm lobster, new potatoes, green bean and radicchio salad with basil pesto dressing.
- Teriyaki steak with Handmade Buckwheat Noodle Salad with Crisp Vegetables and a Chili Soy Dressing.
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Caramelized Chili Pineapple, Mixed Wild Rice and Warm Three Bean Salad.
- Burrata, Prosciutto, Tomato and Rocket Salad with Basil Pesto, Toasted Pine Nuts and Freshly Baked Rosemary and Sea Salt Focaccia.
- Fresh Tuna Rainbow Poke Bowl
- Red Snapper en Papillote baked with Potato Puttanesca
- Watercress, Blue Cheese and Walnut Eclairs
- Mushroom and Mozzarella Arancini with Celeriac and Truffle Puree
- Pork Gyoza Dumplings with Ginger and Soy Dipping Sauce
- Charred Mackerel with Beetroot Creme Fraiche and Freshly Made Blinis
- Crab Beignets with Aïoli Dipping Sauce
- Charcuterie and Cheese Board with Homemade Chutneys
- Prawn Tempura with a Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- Mushroom and Squash Rotolo with a Red Wine Shallot Sauce Fillet of Sea Bream in Ginger Beurre Blanc with Rosti Potatoes
- Octopus Carpaccio with Lemon and Watercress Royale
- Slow Roasted Pork Belly with Cauliflower Puree, Bejeweled Glazed Carrots and a Red Wine Jus
- Smoked Salmon Mousse with Homemade Oatcakes and Pickled Cucumber Baked Fillet of Flounder, Lemon Pearl Barley Risotto with Kale Pesto
- Sirloin Steak with Green Peppercorn Sauce, Pont Neuf Potatoes and a Green Bean, Shallot and Hazelnut Warm Salad
- Chicken Liver Parfait with Freshly Baked Brioche Duck Farcie with Curried Lentils and Parsnip Foam
- Roast Grey Mullet with Parmentier Potatoes, Wilted Spinach and Crab Bisque Foam
- Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with a Watercress Pomme Puree and Root Vegetable Fricassee
- Apple Tart Tatin with Cinnamon and Pecan Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate Fondant served with Whipped Vanilla Cream
- Vanilla Coffee Panna Cotta with Iced Coffee Ice Cream and Apricot Compote
- Lemon Custard Tart with Redcurrant Sorbet and Chocolate Soil
- White Chocolate Bavarois with Passion Fruit Sauce
- Iced Blueberry Parfait with Blueberry Jelly and Macarons
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Meringue Shards and Berry Coulis
- Flat screen HDTVs (for DVDs) & Playstation 2s in each cabin
- Small selection of classic & contemporary books in each cabin
- 250+ DVDs, CDs and many Playstation games
- Cards, board games, puzzles
- Internet: 4G WiFi
- HDTV Flatscreen in Salon w/ DirecTV
- Bose Entertainment System (DVD, CD, iPod)
- Outdoor Showers
- 15′ RIB tender with 60hp engine
- Waterskis, Wakeboard, Kneeboard & Tube
- 8 – Dive Tanks, 8 Regulators & 8 BCDs
- Fishing Gear (permit required)
- 2 – Double Kayaks
- 2 – SUPs
- Snorkel Gear (all sizes)
- Beach games
- U/W Camera
Make: Voyage 580
Built: 2002/Refit: 2009
Draft: 5′ 6″
Engines: 2 x 75hp Yanmar Turbo Diesel w/ SD50 sail-drives
Scuba Diving Onboard
- Gear included
- 5 dives incl. per week for certified divers
Submit your review
We had an amazing vacation aboard the Pelican. The boat is clean, newly renovated and absolutely beautiful sailing along the water. We had an amazing captain. He is very knowledgeable in all aspects of sailing. We learned a lot and it was so great that he was willing and interested to teach us about sailing and he is a lot of fun! The chef was amazing. I still dream about her incredible meals. From her special cocktails at sunset to her pulled pork that she was making for days, I had some of the best meals of my life. Every breakfast, lunch and dinner was absolutely beautiful in presentation and had incredible flavors. She also makes sure that she knows the likes and dislikes of everyone on the boat so that she can ensure that everyone has a great meal every time. This was our second boat vacation and again we loved every minute of our trip!...For me, I say without hesitation that this was the greatest vacation of all time. It actually felt more like two trips: an exotic adventure crossed with a five star food and wine excursion. ...The Boat so much larger than expected. The rooms were two to three times larger than the beds. The showers were large even though we chose to use the outdoor showers after exiting the water. We found that the community areas were perfect to hold all nine of us and there were also many places to hide and get some alone time when needed.
The captain had an amazing knack of anticipating our needs. When we wanted adventure, he gave us adventure. When we wanted to get off the boat, get off the boat, just hang and relax, he always was one step ahead of us. He was so accommodating and could easily transition between this first class butler/attendant, adventure surfer/guide, DJ, bartender, and all while safely navigating the BVIs! The chef spoiled us with super creative, beautifully plated dishes. I literally could not wait to see what she prepared next from breakfast to lunch followed by a post activity snack and
Our kids still ask about the boat and crew. They were amazing teachers about the craft of sailing and all things BVI. Safety came first; they made it fun for the kids and relaxing for the parents. They took all of our (often disparate) plans and wishes into consideration and did so openly and graciously. Christmas 2019 was among the best for us (maybe the single best?) and the crew and Pelican deserve credit and many thanks for that!dinner. ...Every meal had different proteins, varied ethnicities, fresh veggies, and amazing flavors. She constantly surprised and taught me so much about new combinations and techniques. Long story short, Look up the Pelican for some amazing food, adventure, relaxation and safe non sun-burnt fun in the BVIs. We cannot wait to sail with them again.
They say teamwork makes the dream work. After spending the last 7 days with the crew that saying could never be more true. For 7 days, our lives were a dream come true because those two put all of their energy and heart into every aspect of our trip... I didn’t think it was possible to relax like this!
The vacation of a lifetime for the ten of us! Beautiful islands, great beaches and coves, incredible diving and snorkeling and fanatics accommodations aboard the S/V Pelican. To quote one of our teenage sailors the meals were “out of this word insanely incredible.” He especially loved the chef’s desserts. Our group is from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and have been planning this adventure for over a year and the crew never disappointed, they were the most attentive, caring and courteous host and hostess we could have ever asked for!
We loved every second of our incredible Caribbean experience with the crew of the S/V Pelican!
We celebrated our 40th birthday with the crew onboard the Pelican. The boat was perfect for our group, so many activities, inviting common areas, and two huge hammocks where I spent most of my days! The rooms were much larger then we expected and the boat was clean and well maintained. The itinerary itself was everything we could have asked for, from massages on Scrub Island to visiting the Rum Distillery on Tortola, we loved every minute. The views were amazing and we LOVED each spot. The absolute best part of the trip was the hospitality of the crew. Every single meal felt like we were at a gourmet restaurant and the Painkillers made were the best we had on the trip! The crew were the best hosts that we could ask for! We had an amazing Captain, but he really came through helping our group with their fist ocean diving experiences. 10/10 stars isn't enough. This was a vacation of a lifetime.
As a busy family of four (kids ages 13 and 11) who likes to travel a lot – we rarely have time to sit down and write a review. In this case, we felt it absolutely necessary to let you know about our recent trip aboard. You are in good hands with the Captain. His sailing and island knowledge are impressive and it’s easy to see his genuine love and passion of all things outdoors related. His attention to detail is second to none. He proved to be very safety focused in every aspect of boating from sailing, to driving the dinghy and pulling our daughters wake boarding. He also planned our stops at Willy T’s and Soggy Dollar accordingly to avoid the rowdy drinking crowds that both places attract at times in order to ensure the best experience for our entire family. As recently certified divers and having expressed an interest in doing quite a bit of diving on our trip, he did not let us down. We would mention diving and before we knew it he had a spot picked out and had our dive gear set-up ready to go. He took the time to research the dive spot and brief us to be sure it met everybody’s comfort and skill level as well as personal expectations. During each dive, he kept a close eye on us all and pointed out ocean life that we would have otherwise missed. He took his role as dive master seriously and it was very much appreciated as it put us all at ease and allowed us to enjoy each dive to its fullest. It is also worth noting that his navigational skills under water are top notch as after every dive we would come right back to the mooring line. When asked on the first night of our trip what we hoped to do, learning to sail was near the top of the list. He took time to explain the basics and the ways in which the wind affects the sails and how one must adjust accordingly. Much to our delight, we were given an opportunity to raise and lower the sails a time or two. His patience and sincere passion for showing us all things both under and above the sea made for a remarkable trip. The chef surpassed any and all expectations of meal preparation, presentation and flavor. Our family was able to try new foods and experience comfort food in new and exciting ways thanks to her expertise. She was very flexible with us on meals and even went off her prepared meal plan one night to try her hand at making cauliflower wings for us. Our youngest daughter loves to cook/bake and she was such a sweetheart allowing her to help in the kitchen. When we had oranges for a snack one day our daughter mentioned how she’d love to try to make chocolate covered orange peels when we got home. Moments later and much to our surprise and our daughter’s utmost joy, She had a recipe pulled up and the girls were making them to serve with ice cream for dessert that evening. She was an amazing guide of our snorkeling adventures and for our on shore excursions - from hiking up the hills of Salt Island, walking on the beaches of Cooper Island, touring the Baths of Virgin Gorda, and exploring the Bubbly Pool - her enthusiasm and sense of adventure created memories that will last a lifetime. Both Captain & Chef are such a sweet and warm hearted couple who have contagious smiles and evident passions for living their best lives. Our trip was made complete by having them as our crew. Together they work seamlessly and make for a first-class experience. The boat was kept immaculate 24/7. It is easy to see that both the Captain & Chef treat the boat as if it were their own. Impressively, they went about and kept the boat neat and tidy without us noticing it. While we were eating our breakfast, or out enjoying the morning sun on paddle boards, kayaks or on the deck of the boat, our beds were being made, showers and bathrooms cleaned, and towels were replaced. When we would wake up in the morning the boat was as spotless as the first day we boarded. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to say THANK YOU to the yacht & crew for sharing with us the best vacation we could have ever dreamed of! We look forward to hopefully joining them both again soon for another trip around the (Leeward) islands.
Our extended family of 10, ages 9 through 75, sailed with this boat. It was an unforgettable experience, and, by unanimous agreement, “our best family vacation ever!” The crew were super hosts. The food was delicious, and they both worked tirelessly to make the voyage fun and memorable for everyone of us.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.