Pelican – Catamaran
Fun for the whole family
- 58 ft sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 10 guests
- 5 queen cabins
- Scuba diving onboard
PELICAN is a 58 foot sailing catamaran with ample space to accommodate 10 guests and combines a high degree of luxury to make the yacht a wonderful charter option for large groups. The interior is bright with lots of color making the yacht inviting and open. Crew, Shawn and Autumn welcome you on board.
Shawn and Autumn love to spend time on the water, whether it’s diving, snorkeling, surfing, paddling or sailing. They are excited to bring their captain and crew knowledge of charter yachts to give you a sailing vacation you won’t forget. Shawn has a passion to share his love of the ocean with others. Autumn brings passion for cuisine on board Pelican.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax||9 Pax||10 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$18,500||$19,000||$19,500||$20,000||$20,500||$21,500||$22,000||$22,500||$23,000|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN SHAWN & CHEF/MATE AUTUMN
Shawn’s love for the ocean began when he was only a few months old on the coast of North Carolina. Shawn grew up in Carolina Beach, NC where he learned to read the wind and waves and developed a passion to share his love of the ocean with others.
Shawn graduated from the University of North Carolina at Wilmington in 2011 with a degree in Marine Biology. Shortly after college, Shawn moved to Nicaragua to pursue his love of the ocean and worked as a Captain and surf guide for NicaSurf tours.
Following a couple great years in Central America, Shawn moved back to the states to continue his life on the water. In doing so, Shawn has spent the past 5 years working aboard world class super yachts. In which time, he has obtained his USCG Captains License as well as his American Sailing Association Certification.
Autumn was born in Michigan where she grew up swimming in the freshwater of the Great Lakes. After high school she studied massage therapy and yoga in Costa Rica where she fell in love with the salty ocean and travelling to new places. In 2013, Autumn moved to Florida to become a yacht stewardess. A job that would take her to many exotic places, even all the way back to lake Michigan.
For the last five years, Autumn has worked on multiple world class yachts in which she collaborated closely with five-star chefs from around the world. Learning from her yacht chef coworkers, she has developed a passion for creating exciting and healthy dishes that create memories.
Shawn and Autumn met in September of 2013 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, where they were both searching for their first superyacht jobs. A week later, they found separate jobs on different boats, starting three years of long distance dating. In December of 2016, they decided it was time for an adventure and decided to travel New Zealand for a year together in a campervan they renovated themselves.
Shawn and Autumn love to spend time on the water, whether it’s diving, snorkeling, surfing, paddling or sailing. They are excited to bring their captain and crew knowledge of charter yachts to give you a sailing vacation you won’t forget.
- Huevos Rancheros Tostadas – local eggs, roasted tomatillo salsa, poblano, black beans
- Winter Hash – sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, hickory smoked, bacon, fried egg
- Earl Grey Scones – lavender glaze, yogurts, homemade granola
- Quiche – cherry and sun dried tomatoes, spinach, feta
- Stuffed Avocado – Caribbean avocados, smoked salmon, local eggs, homemade biscuits
- Gorgonzola Burgers – bourbon bacon jam, caramelized onions, garlic, sweet potato fries
- Mahi Tacos – blackened Mahi, red cabbage slaw, avocado, lime sauce, mango black bean salad
- Pad Thai – rice noodles, tamarind, shrimp, local vegetables
- Mini Meatball Flatbread – homemade ricotta, sweet peppers, local arugula
- Jerk Chicken – grilled vegetables, coconut cilantro rice, mango, avocado salsa
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops, hickory smoked bacon, cajun cream sauce
- Asian Potstickers – shrimp, Napa cabbage, garlic ginger soy sauce
- Charcuterie Board – assorted cheeses and meats
- Fresh Catch Ceviche – locally caught fish, scallops, mango, bell, peppers, tortilla chips
- Caprese Bruschetta – toasted baguette, buffalo mozzarella, cherry, tomatoes, fresh basil, balsamic glaze
- Stuffed Shells – basil pesto, homemade ricotta, spicy Italian sausage, locally sourced greens salad
- Seared Ahi Tuna – locally sourced Ahi, lemon and soy marinade, wasabi aioli, cucumber salad
- Chicken Roulade – spinach and artichoke, roasted cauliflower rice, cherry tomato and herb salad
- Merlot Filet Mignon – merlot sauce, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed green beans
- Roasted Salmon – whole-grain mustard lemon sauce, red potatoes, broccoli florets
- Lemon Panna Cotta with Blueberry Compote
- White Chocolate Mousse in Almond Cup
- Apple Crisp and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Toasted S’mores Cheesecake
- Homemade Doughnuts
- Flat screen HDTVs (for DVDs) & Playstation 2s in each cabin
- Small selection of classic & contemporary books in each cabin
- 250+ DVDs, CDs and many Playstation games
- Cards, board games, puzzles
- Internet: 4G WiFi
- HDTV Flatscreen in Salon w/ DirecTV
- Bose Entertainment System (DVD, CD, iPod)
- Outdoor Showers
- 15′ RIB tender with 60hp engine
- Waterskis, Wakeboard, Kneeboard & Tube
- 8 – Dive Tanks, 8 Regulators & 8 BCDs
- Fishing Gear (permit required)
- 2 – Double Kayaks
- 2 – SUPs
- Snorkel Gear (all sizes)
- Beach games
- U/W Camera
Make: Voyage 580
Built: 2002/Refit: 2009
Draft: 5′ 6″
Engines: 2 x 75hp Yanmar Turbo Diesel w/ SD50 sail-drives
Scuba Diving Onboard
- Gear included
- 5 dives incl. per week for certified divers
Submit your review
We had an amazing vacation aboard the Pelican. The boat is clean, newly renovated and absolutely beautiful sailing along the water. We had an amazing captain. He is very knowledgeable in all aspects of sailing. We learned a lot and it was so great that he was willing and interested to teach us about sailing and he is a lot of fun! The chef was amazing. I still dream about her incredible meals. From her special cocktails at sunset to her pulled pork that she was making for days, I had some of the best meals of my life. Every breakfast, lunch and dinner was absolutely beautiful in presentation and had incredible flavors. She also makes sure that she knows the likes and dislikes of everyone on the boat so that she can ensure that everyone has a great meal every time. This was our second boat vacation and again we loved every minute of our trip!...For me, I say without hesitation that this was the greatest vacation of all time. It actually felt more like two trips: an exotic adventure crossed with a five star food and wine excursion. ...The Boat so much larger than expected. The rooms were two to three times larger than the beds. The showers were large even though we chose to use the outdoor showers after exiting the water. We found that the community areas were perfect to hold all nine of us and there were also many places to hide and get some alone time when needed.
The captain had an amazing knack of anticipating our needs. When we wanted adventure, he gave us adventure. When we wanted to get off the boat, get off the boat, just hang and relax, he always was one step ahead of us. He was so accommodating and could easily transition between this first class butler/attendant, adventure surfer/guide, DJ, bartender, and all while safely navigating the BVIs! The chef spoiled us with super creative, beautifully plated dishes. I literally could not wait to see what she prepared next from breakfast to lunch followed by a post activity snack and
Our kids still ask about the boat and crew. They were amazing teachers about the craft of sailing and all things BVI. Safety came first; they made it fun for the kids and relaxing for the parents. They took all of our (often disparate) plans and wishes into consideration and did so openly and graciously. Christmas 2019 was among the best for us (maybe the single best?) and the crew and Pelican deserve credit and many thanks for that!dinner. ...Every meal had different proteins, varied ethnicities, fresh veggies, and amazing flavors. She constantly surprised and taught me so much about new combinations and techniques. Long story short, Look up the Pelican for some amazing food, adventure, relaxation and safe non sun-burnt fun in the BVIs. We cannot wait to sail with them again.
They say teamwork makes the dream work. After spending the last 7 days with the crew that saying could never be more true. For 7 days, our lives were a dream come true because those two put all of their energy and heart into every aspect of our trip... I didn’t think it was possible to relax like this!
The vacation of a lifetime for the ten of us! Beautiful islands, great beaches and coves, incredible diving and snorkeling and fanatics accommodations aboard the S/V Pelican. To quote one of our teenage sailors the meals were “out of this word insanely incredible.” He especially loved the chef’s desserts. Our group is from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, and have been planning this adventure for over a year and the crew never disappointed, they were the most attentive, caring and courteous host and hostess we could have ever asked for!
We loved every second of our incredible Caribbean experience with the crew of the S/V Pelican!
We celebrated our 40th birthday with the crew onboard the Pelican. The boat was perfect for our group, so many activities, inviting common areas, and two huge hammocks where I spent most of my days! The rooms were much larger then we expected and the boat was clean and well maintained. The itinerary itself was everything we could have asked for, from massages on Scrub Island to visiting the Rum Distillery on Tortola, we loved every minute. The views were amazing and we LOVED each spot. The absolute best part of the trip was the hospitality of the crew. Every single meal felt like we were at a gourmet restaurant and the Painkillers made were the best we had on the trip! The crew were the best hosts that we could ask for! We had an amazing Captain, but he really came through helping our group with their fist ocean diving experiences. 10/10 stars isn't enough. This was a vacation of a lifetime.
Our extended family of 10, ages 9 through 75, sailed with this boat. It was an unforgettable experience, and, by unanimous agreement, “our best family vacation ever!” The crew were super hosts. The food was delicious, and they both worked tirelessly to make the voyage fun and memorable for everyone of us.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.