Rumba – Catamaran
Luxury for large group
- 52 ft sailing catamaran
- Accommodates up to 10
- 4 queen cabins & twin bunks**
- Perfect for large families
Beautiful Lagoon 520 offering 4 queen berths with ensuite bathrooms plus 1 cabin with upper lower twin bunks with ensuite bathroom. The crew will change from the twin bunks cabin** if requested offering upper and lower berths and this cabin also has a private ensuite bathroom, vanity, and separate shower. Cabins and this boat offer wonderful natural lighting and great ventilation plus fully air-conditioned depending on guests’ desires.
The salon will seat up to 10 guests in comfort for lounging or dining. RUMBA’s exterior offers alfresco dining for up to 10 guests, top deck seating, and lounge area in front of helm plus forward lower deck lounge area behind trampolines. With numerous lounging areas, there is plenty of space for gathering as a group or finding a private place for one or two to relax
Spoil yourself on this exciting Epic charter yacht big enough for large families or a group.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax||9 Pax||10 Pax|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$20,000||$20,500||$21,000||$21,500||$22,000||$22,500||$23,000||$23,500||$24,000|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$20,000||$20,500||$21,000||$21,500||$22,000||$22,500||$23,000||$23,500||$24,000|
Christmas week: Not available
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner, and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine, and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- If the charter area includes the BVI; cruising permits, national parks fees, fishing permits, taxes, and port fees are not included.
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping, or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN JOHN & CHEF/MATE ELISE
A thirst for adventure and experiences encapsulate who Captain John is. Growing up in Michigan he developed a lifelong love of hockey and working on hot rods and classic cars with his dad. He’s earned a Master Mechanics degree; not to mention learning to surf, sail, and dive while living in Florida. He’s currently working towards his private pilot’s license when he’s not busy sailing the high seas. Being in the water or on it has become his chief form of recreation and relaxation, and he loves to share these passions with his guests.
With over 75,000 nautical miles of experience in South America, the Gulf of Mexico, and the Caribbean and Florida Captain John is more than comfortable on the water. John even holds thirty-year speed records for both north and south-bound transits along the eastern seaboard of the United States. Working with Heather he enjoys crafting custom experiences for guests whether it’s finding amazing snorkeling, quiet coves, or sailing the days away.
A life-long Mainer who was born loving the sea and her state’s nautical traditions. She was raised as all Mainers are to value hard work, enjoy dry humor, respect Mother Nature, and love all well-made things. Her grandmother fostered in her a love of simple, delicious meals with an emphasis on from-scratch making and baking with fresh, wholesome ingredients.
Born and raised in southern New Jersey just outside Philadelphia and Delaware. Elise has a strong Italian background with a love of food, family, and travel. Her earliest memories start with cooking with her grandmother. They loved to cook authentic Italian dishes from scratch. Growing up in a large Italian family meant big Sunday dinners were a tradition in our household. This was the start of her love for cooking.
Elise studied Business and Economics in College while continuing traveling and exploring different culinary delights with every venture abroad. She soon moved to New York City to start a business career among the hustle and bustle of city life. She quickly found that her earlier love of travel, exploration of local cuisines, and sailing the blue-green waters of the Mediterranean and Caribbean kept calling her away. Before long, she had traveled 35 countries and all throughout the states with some destinations visited several times only to find an intense realization that her heart’s desire was in sharing her sailing and culinary life experiences with others to create a memorable vacation adventure. With years of knowledge acquired during her travels and with great passion, Elise creates healthy, deep-flavored dishes and well-planned combinations prepared with the highest quality ingredients. My cooking style is healthy and pure with great flavor for the palate and prepared the traditional way but served with a modern twist for your enjoyment. Any diets and personal preferences are always welcomed.
- Irish Apple Cake (Veg)
- Breakfast Pizza with Prosciutto, Eggs, and Vegetables
- Multi-grain Lemon Yogurt Pancakes with fresh berry compote (Veg)
- Broiled Brown Sugar and Black Pepper Grapefruit (Veg) (V) (GF)
- Apricot Ginger Scones (Veg)
- Pecan Orange Sticky Buns (Veg)
- Granola/Yogurt/Fruit Compote (Veg)
- Coconut, Orange, and Chocolate Waffles with Mocha Syrup (Veg)
- Zucchini, Bell Pepper, and Mushroom Frittata (Veg)
- Lamb Burgers with Kalamata Olives and Feta
- Red Fish Grilled in Salt (GF)
- Thai-Inspired Shrimp Cakes (GF)
- Creamy Lemon Asparagus over Whole Wheat Penne (Veg)
- Salmon with Tri-Pepper Salsa (GF)
- Sesame Seared Tuna (GF)
- Grilled Chicken with Passion Fruit Sauce (GF)
- Charcuterie Boards
- Homemade Crackers (Veg) (V)
- Seed Crackers (Veg) (V) (GF)
- Sautéed Shishito Peppers (Veg) (V) (GF)
- Cucumber and Roasted Corn Salsa on Grilled Bread with Goat Cheese (Veg)
- Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Tart (Veg)
- Lobster Rangoons
- Tomato, Leek, and Brie Linguini (Veg)
- Roasted Red Pepper and Rosemary Peasant Bread (Veg) (V)
- Garlic Knots (Veg)
- Asparagus, Almond, Citrus and Red Rice Salad (Veg) (V) (GF)
- Coffee, Cocoa, & Guajillo Pepper Pork Loin w/ Brandy Cream Sauce/Pineapple and Orange Bell Pepper Salsa (GF)
- Gouda/Artichoke/Spinach (GF) (Veg) or Cheddar/Sausage/Spinach Bowls (GF)
- Bermuda Fish Chowder w/Spiced Sherry Garnish (GF)
- Chicken Curry with Cantaloupe Raita (GF)
- Roasted 5-Herb Chicken (GF)
- Pittsburgh Style Sirloin with Teriyaki glaze and Pineapple Garnish (GF)
- Vanilla and Ginger Poached Pears (w/whipped cream or vanilla ice cream) (Veg) (GF)
- Chocolate Tart with Sea Salt Caramel Bark (Veg)
- Bourbon Street Bread Pudding (Veg)
- Fresh Lime Custard (Veg)
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Chocolate Mint Bars
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and showers
- Water maker and generator
- Free wifi
- Saloon TV
- Ipod/device docking station
- Sun awning
- Cockpit ice maker
- Green cleaning products
- 13’ rigid inflatable boat w/15 hp *larger engine soon
- Tube & Wakeboard
- Snorkel gear
- Fishing gear
- 2 stand up paddle boards
- Sub wing
- Large Floating Mat
- Underwater camera
Model: Lagoon 52 Sailing Catamaran
Walkthrough with crew
Submit your review
We had a great week of island hopping aboard the Rumba – we did seven different islands in our seven days. The boat’s accommodations were very nice and we had plenty of fresh water for showers and such. Unfortunately the weather didn’t cooperate with us all of the time, providing some high winds and multiple squalls. The good news was that the boat could sail really fast and we got to see multiple rainbows. I will give the captain a lot of credit for always finding us a really calm harbor to sleep in. The crew made a lot of really good recommendations for where to visit, and then which bars or restaurants to go to once we got there. They also found us a bunch of really interesting places to snorkel. The first mate/chef did a really nice job with food prep on the boat – I especially recommend the ginger scones and the Mexican street corn. I would also like to thank the chef for her infinite patience while answering all of my questions regarding how to sail. Overall a great trip – I highly recommend the Rumba and its crew.
This was my first trip like this. I had always wanted to take a cruise on a catamaran and island hop. Thought it would be an amazing experience and this trip was. The crew are true professionals. From the moment we met them the hat two main focuses, safety and comfort.
Both of them took time to make sure all were having a good time and were quick to inform us of how to safely enjoy all aspects of the boat and the islands we visited. Multiple times we had to take a dingy to the islands, here is were their experiences dealing with guests who are not proficient with getting in and out of a dingy was very evident. Never once did I feel unsafe or nervous. The chef is amazing! Breakfast and lunch was served on the boat and each one was better than the next. Always request her chorizo tacos omg they were good...I can’t imaging not requesting this dynamic, professional and extremely fun team for my next trip...
We had an amazing trip with Rumba and her crew! They went above and beyond to make our trip memorable. They even toured us around Anegada in a jeep/truck for the entire day when they could have had the time to themselves! The food was amazing! Who thought you could prepare gourmet meals in a TINY kitchen with no stove! And the portions were perfect. Not too heavy. Best of all, they are both experienced sailors so we had many beautiful sails with them! We were pleasantly surprised at how well they knew the USVI and BVI islands, as they are somewhat new to the area, but you would never know by the knowledge of snorkel spots, restaurants, island history, etc that they shared with us. We would definitely sail again with them!
The crew were fantastic! They are not only professional and accomplished sailors, but are friendly, thorough and accommodating. First class service all the way around. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip on Rumba, and are already planning another trip with them.
We had a fantastic time on Rumba, The crew was great – The chef and her cooking were fantastic. The yacht itself was very comfortable and had all the toys we wanted. I can certainly recommend this yacht and team we had an incredible vacation.
Both Crew and boat beyond my highest expectations!!!
What a great time we had on the charter, an absolutely delightful time. Your professionalism and courteous service was amazing and a fantastic “Chef”, your menus and meal preparations were excellent and delicious, more like a five star restaurant. Table settings were beautiful. Captain what can I say about you, the only thing is perfection. From your skills as a Captain to the drinks you prepared… totally first rate. You make a sensational team. All the best to both and we hope to see you soon.
Epic Yacht Charters provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.