SAIL AWAY – Catamaran
Sail in luxury & comfort
- 62 foot sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 10 guests
- 5 queen cabins with en-suite bathrooms
- Ideal for large group
SAILAWAY, Lagoon 620 launched in Spring 2014 & accommodates 10 guests in 5 queen cabins with ensuite bathroom and separate showers. She has numerous high quality amenities and is the ideal boat for family or groups looking for a luxurious, comfortable and fast catamaran.
With respect to water sports, her tenderlift is an ideal sunbathing platform while its 15″ and 60 HP tender is perfect for water skiing, wakeboarding and kneeboarding. Besides snorkeling gear, paddle, fishing rods with stand, she is also equipped with a flybridge with a cocktail table, cushions, mattresses and a bimini.
Her wonderful crew of three members includes a professional chef.
Prices ranges from $30,000-$43,900 per week
2 Week Trip-Thank you!
A Great Crew!
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free WiFi Internet Access (may vary by location)
- LCD flat screen TV in saloon
- Full surround sound system
- iPod/Device docking station
- Board games
- Cockpit and flydeck speakers
- Cockpit ice maker
- 15’ rigid inflatable boat w/60 hp engine
- Water skis for adults & children
- Wakeboard, Kneeboard & Wakeskate
- 4 person towing tube
- Snorkeling gear
- Bean Bags – single and doubles
- 2 x Stand Up Paddleboard
- 2 x 2 man Kayaks
- Light fishing gear
CAPTAIN LEON AND MATE/STEW WENDY VENTER
Leon and Wendy Venter are South African and Zimbabwe born. Both are outgoing and have a love for sailing and water sports, deciding to leave their corporate and business world behind in South Africa to pursue their love for the outdoors in the stunning Caribbean.
In South Africa, Leon had his own engineering business for thirty years plus, doing on-site machining for the sugar, petroleum, paper and marine industries in South Africa and other African countries. Leon has been sailing recreationally since a young boy and has always had a passion for the sea and diving.
Wendy was involved in the corporate world of Mercedes Benz, being on the financial side for several years and with the Barlows Group previously. Her love for the outdoors, sailing since a young girl with her family in Zimbabwe and then South Africa, as well as her love for diving, made their decision to re-locate to the Caribbean, an easy one.
Wendy and Leon have sailed extensively up the East African coastline on their own catamaran and have raced several Vasco Da Gama yacht races, from Maputo in Mozambique to Durban in South Africa. They have sailed their own catamaran from Durban on the east coast of Africa, around the tip of Africa, up to Walvis Bay, Namibia, crossing the southern Atlantic Ocean to St. Helena and Ascension. Upwards to Suriname in South America and upwards to the bottom of the Caribbean chain, to Trinidad. Leon has his Master of Yachts Offshore to 200 tons Captain’s license as well as his South African Coastal Skippers License. Leon is a PADI certified Instructor of several years and Wendy has her Small Powerboat and Rib MCA certification. Both he and Wendy have been in the charter industry in the Caribbean since 2011, working from St. Vincent and the Grenadines to St. Martin and then the British Virgin Islands. Leon and Wendy have sailed various yachts from the British Virgin islands to Florida and back to the Islands, loving the adventures the trips had to offer.
Leon and Wendy look forward to having you on board the luxurious Vacoa, to pampering you and tempting your taste buds with the delights from the galley, indulging you in your favourite water sport, whether it be diving and re-living the history of the Virgin Islands, snorkeling with the abundance of sea life, testing your skills at paddle boarding, kayaking and exploring the coastline with your partner or just simply relaxing on the trampolines, soaking in the sun.
CHEF LISA MEAD
Originally from Queensland, Australia, chef Lisa Mead has spent the past 25 years cooking between Australia, the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. She has created epicurean delights for all walks of life including royalty, heads of state and celebrities on board luxury yachts, in 5 star villas and restaurants. In addition to her time spent living in South East Asia, where she gained valuable experience with the local cuisine, if asked Lisa would describe her cooking as global, pulling from different cultures, using only the freshest of ingredients.
Currently Lisa is being filmed in her own cooking show as chef and host of a series titled: Galley Gourmet With Chef Lisa.
- French toast stuffed with apple strudel served with a side of crispy bacon and local fruit
- Freshly baked pastries and fruit muffins with ‘made to order’ smoothies
- Breakfast burritos with fresh side of salsa and sliced avocado
- Omelets to order with a side of sautéed mushrooms and grilled seasoned tomatoes
- Fluffy scrambled eggs made with 3 different types of cheese, toast and your choice of sausages or bacon
- Eggs Benedict or Eggs Florentine served on an English muffin, crispy polenta or crab cake
- Fillet of flounder served in an herb Sauvignon wine sauce with a side of roasted garlic pasta and Italian saladMade to order Italian pizzas served with a summer salad
- Gourmet cheeseburgers with seasoned homemade potato wedges and a garden salad
- Bang Bang Vietnamese warm noodle shrimp salad tossed with dried shallots, freshly torn mint, and dry roasted peanuts
- Satay beef and pork kebabs grilled with a side of peanut sauce and an Asian salad
- Grilled bruschetta made with vine ripened tomatoes and fresh basil or olive tapenade
- Sushi and sashimi made to order
- Charcuterie platter with artisan cheeses, olives, cured meats and pate with fresh baguette
- Homemade spring rolls with an Asian dipping sauce
- Devils on horseback (pitted prunes wrapped in middle rasher bacon and baked in the oven)
- Arugula salad with slithers of parmesan drizzled with a lime and garlic dressing served in a martini glass and sprinkled with crouton dust
- Japanese panko crumbed shrimp served on a bed of salad greens with a sweet chili sauce
- Potato and vegetable soup with a parmesan lace cracker garnishFrench onion soup with melted gruyere cheese and toasted bread bites
- Shrimp toast on a bed of mixed salad greens with a teriyaki glaze
- A tier of blinis interspersed with herbed cream cheese and smoke salmon
- Thai fish cakes with a papaya cream sauce
- Fillet mignon on a bed of slow roasted potatoes with a confetti of vegetables and a Dianne sauce
- Thai green chicken curry served in an edible bowl
- Blackened jerk mahi mahi on a bed of Asian noodles with a pineapple salsa
- Veal parmigiana on a bed of homemade gnocchi and a side of fresh tomato sauce
- Herb crusted rack of lamb on a bed of garlic herb mash potatoes with a trio of vegetables and a homemade mint sauceGrilled chicken with champagne and mushroom sauce served with roasted vegetables
- Pan seared Ahi tuna sesame crusted over wild rice and drizzled with Chef Lisa’s special wasabi mayo and teriyaki glaze with a crisp wonton cracker and nori salad garnish
- Crispy duck breast with cherry sauce
- Pork tenderloin drizzled with a rosemary mango glaze served with a potato galette stack and spring vegetable
- Death by chocolate with crème Anglaise sauce
- Filo flower filled with French cream and summer berries drizzled with toffee
- Citron tart drizzled with passion fruit glaze
- Rhubarb and apple crumble tart served with vanilla bean ice cream
- Mini New York cheesecake with a hard toffee shard garnish
- Caramelized banana spring rolls with a caramel sauce
- Decadent dark chocolate and mascarpone layered mouse served in a chilled martini glass with cookie cigar
Price ranges from $30,000-$43,900 per week
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef.
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert.
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolate and more.
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar.
- Onboard Water Sports
- Basic broadband Wireless Internet Access.
- Air Conditioning.
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI license and port fees.
- Fuel for the yacht 4 hours per day and dinghy.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions.
- Premium Beverages & excess alcohol consumption.
- Airport Transfers.
- SCUBA Diving.
- Taxes, permits and other fees may apply in Bahamas and Caribbean.
- Crew gratuity – 15-20% of the charter cost scaled up or down for level of service.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.