Bodhisattva – Sailing Yacht
The Art of Sailing
- 65 ft sailing yacht
- Accommodates up to 6
- 1 King suite & 2 queen en-suite cabins
- Virgin Islands – winter & The Grenadines – summer
Jeanneau’s 65-foot flagship BODHISATTVA is a luxury yacht that is a perfect combination of sailing quality and fine styling.
Nearly every aspect of the boat is powered, and from dropping the anchor to trimming the single-line mainsheet, most tasks can be controlled from dual helm stations aft. In the cockpit, the sailing area is separate from the lounging settees, so it is easily possible to be a passenger riding in style while others do what little work is required to sail the boat.
The cockpit will be the most lived-in space on the boat when cruising in the Caribbean. Aft there is a vast fold-down platform that will be great for swimming, showering and lounging on warm afternoons. Inside the transom, there is a dinghy garage that will house a proper RIB and outboard.The wide-open saloon can accommodate a crowd without feeling crowded. The settee is comfortable, and there is plenty of storage space.
In Buddhism, Bodhisattva is the Sanskrit term for anyone who has generated Bodhicitta, a spontaneous wish and compassionate mind to attain Buddhahood for the benefit of all sentient beings. Bodhisattvas are a popular subject in Buddhist art. BODHISATTVA and her crew sure to make your sailing vacation EPIC!
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$20,000||$20,500||$21,000||$21,500||$22,000|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$20,000||$20,500||$21,000||$21,500||$22,000|
Christmas week: $25,500
New Year week: $26,500
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN JANNAS & CHEF/MATE CAROLINA
Come begin your journey with us.
“Bodhisattva is any person who takes up a course in his or her life that moves in the direction of Buddha/Enlightenment.”
Jannas ( pronounced Yan-nas) and Carolina come with experience in the region and industry, bringing a fresh vibrance to the yacht Bodhisattva. Jannas has always been free to roam, starting young on motorcycles in the outskirts of the cities of South Africa. He brings his adventurous nature and down to earth attitude in a friendly and relaxed manner. He grew into the technical industry for many years and decided he was looking for change. He became more creative building custom artisanal coffee machines in the Design Capital of Cape Town. It was here that he excelled and began to explore his love for the sea. Kite-boarding already, it wasn’t long before he decided to follow his heart, and he began his life in sailing, bringing his strong attributes with him and hasn’t looked back. You will know his passion for great coffee, kite-boarding, long distance sailing and adventure motorcycling with an ever evolving relationship with nature and the art of Zen that brings things together.
Carolina was raised in South Africa by Argentine parents, making her a true hybrid of Latin passion and African rhythm, blended. She explored life to the max from a very young age. Starting out in restaurants, to event management, tourism, adventure guiding in South Africa, courses on wine and tasting life! Carolina moved to Cape Town at 20 and there she learnt to rock climb, canyon, surf and her sailing journey began. She always loved people and the natural outdoors. It wasn’t long before she set sail, off to cross the oceans of the world. On her travels she experienced all types of cuisine and cultures, and she was inspired by the diet/health relationship around the world. Having always worked in tourism and hospitality, Carolina dived into food and health to expand her skill set and fell in love with artisanal home-made goods and quickly qualified with her Super Yacht Culinary course, to bring her love for food and inspiration into the galley.
Together they bring a wealth of sporty, friendly, relaxed and adventurous dynamics and sail you away through the islands.
- Continental Breakfast with home-made yogurt, freshly baked breads, variety of fruits, jams,
hams & collection of breakfast cheeses.
- Rose Bacon & Hollandaise sauce with fresh baguette and spinach and cherry tomato salad
- Breakfast Crustless Quiche with Spinach, Feta and Mushroom with fresh toasted bread
- Fruit medley breakfast salad with Lime and Mint yoghurt, fruits:grapes, peaches, melon,
tangerines, strawberries, fresh mint and fresh lime juice
- Home-Made Huevos Rancheros
- Exotic Chai spice Yoghurt with Orange & Pomegranate with Granola parfait
- Italian Cheese and Ham omelette with Baked Grapefruit alongside
- Strawberry & Bacon Egg scrambled croissants with honey glaze
- Green or Red Shashuka eggs with fresh bread of the day
- Lime, Mint papaya & Avocado salad with coriander and mixed salad fresh greens tossed with
crispy bacon bits
- Argentine Chimi-Churri Steak on zucchini salad with cherry tomatoes
- Beetroot and Butternut roasted salad with roasted pumpkin seeds and fresh mixed greens
tossed with feta.
- Pork Roulade with spinach and mushroom served with side of smokey sweet glazed carrots and
- Rosemary Stuffed Grilled Fish with Fennel Relish & Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- Grilled Salmon Roasted with strawberry & avocado salsa, hand-cut fries and side salad
- Raw Lasagna with Almond ricotta and freshly made herbed tomato salsa, side of fresh bread
- Pad Thai noodles with spicy peanut sauce
- Enjoy Carolina’s home-made artisanal specialities, such as fermented kimchi, chutney’s, pickled
lemons, nut cheeses and other delights when available
- Phyllo pastry basket with SA bootie & home-made chutney with wild rice
- Stuffed Chicken with Mango, Spinach, on Quinoa and served with chili sauce
- Jamming Line Fish with Rasta Rice
- Wrapped Salmon parcels on herbed millet salad with honey basil drizzle
- Marinated Sirloin Steak, sautéed mushrooms with Rocket & Walnut pesto with side of patatas
- South African Malva pudding with Irish Coffee sauce
- Chocolate Fondue with fruit variety, marshmallows and fruit for dipping
- Coffee Panna Cotta
- Cinnamon Crumble Baked Pears with Vanilla Gelato
- Chocolate Fondant & caramel sauce
- Trio of Tropical Sorbet; Mango, Pineapple and Grape
- Cranberry & Chocolate Cheesecake
- Raspberry Dream Cake
- Mini pavlova with fresh berries & salted caramel sauce
- Air-conditioning and fans
- Deck shower
- Water maker & generator
- Wifi available with hotspots
- TV’s with Apple TV/Airplay support on Boat’s WiFi LAN
- Ipod/device hookups
- Stereo system
- Ice maker
- 16 rigid inflatable boat w/70 hp engine
- 12′ Foldable RIB with 20hp engine
- Standard snorkeling/scuba masks
- Adjustable strap fins
- Inflatable two person kayak
- Inflatable tube to pull behind RIB
- Floating dock for back of boat
- 2 x SUP
- 2 x sub-wings
- 2 x sea-scooters
- Adult water skis
- Training kite for kite-boarding
- Water toys
- Beach games
- Underwater camera/video
Year Built: 2018
Engines: Volvo 180 hp
Flag: Cayman Islands
Submit your review
"We spent eight glorious days sailing throughout the BVI’s on a mono hull, Bodhisattva, with Jannas, our captain, and Carolina, our chef, and our vacation experience exceeded every expectation. Our only disappointment was that we couldn’t make Bodhisattva our permanent living arrangement and, alternatively, Jannas and Carolina couldn’t come home with us! Their exceptionally warm, fun, intelligent, accomplished selves were a superb blend for our family and their client service was five star. Jannas, so knowledgeable about the technicalities of the yacht and sailing, graciously shared the helm throughout our excursion with my husband and sons thereby allowing them to be active crew members. Carolina, a master sailor herself and an exquisite chef, produced amazingly delicious meals that met all of our dining preferences. Celebrating New Year’s Eve with them on shore was momentous!!
As for Bodhisattva itself, the yacht was incredibly clean, comfortable and had every amenity, including a state of the art expresso maker, (The best COFFEE which, we learned, is one of Jannas’ many areas of expertise). The master berth and our sons’ berths were so comfortable and well air conditioned and the bathrooms /showers were great. The lounging salon and cockpit were spacious and totally relaxing spaces where our family, Jannas and Carolina connected, interacted, laughed a lot and ate together without any distractions or outside influences for the entire excursion. Bodhisattva is well-equipped with water toys and water sport paraphernalia which allowed us to do yoga on a floating mat, relax in floating bean bags, waterski, wake board, paddle board, snorkel and more! Bodhisattva and its outstanding crew provided us with an ultimate sailing experience throughout one of the world’s greatest sailing destinations!"
This crew is an impressive team. It's incredibly important to have great chemistry and synergy within the crew as the space is very limited on a boat. They had both. Being new to sailing, it was imperative to have a captain who knew what he was doing. As we know in sailing, we are at the mercy of the winds. The Captain with his engineering background knew the boat very well, which gave us the confidence to be on a boat for the days we sailed in more challenging and easygoing conditions. The chef’s food was exceptional. The care that she put into her food was remarkable. She has a very broad repertoire when it comes to food. Being a foodie and having been to many Michelin star restaurants all over the world, I would say her food is right up there. Her menu was well thought out using fresh, local ingredients; creative, beautifully presented and absolutely delicious! The crew’s professionalism, attention to detail, impeccable service and fun-loving vibe was incredible. We could not have enjoyed ourselves more even if we wanted to. Thank you for an experience of a lifetime!"