Shangri La – Catamaran
Luxury Hideaway on the Water
- 52 ft Lagoon sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 8 guests
- 3 queen cabins and 2 single bunks
- Perfect for families
SHANGRI LA is a 52 foot Lagoon sailing catamaran that accommodates 8 guests in 3 queen cabins and 1 set of twin bunks. Crew will move to bunks if 4 queens are requested for a fee. The most popular feature on the yacht is the flybridge. Guests can enjoy brilliant 360° views from this luxury seating area. There is ample deck space and a forward seating area. The cockpit allows guests to enjoy al fresco dining or relaxing in the shade and cool breeze. The interior of the yacht is spacious and welcoming. Each cabin allows lots of natural light in and has individual en-suite bathrooms. Guests will enjoy an unbelievable vacation and amazing cuisine on board catamaran SHANGRI LA.
Check out their awesome video.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$18,900||$19,725||$21,100||$22,360||$23,425||$24,750||$25,625|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$18,900||$19,725||$21,100||$22,360||$23,425||$24,750||$25,625|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN BERND AND CHEF DANIELLA
This husband and wife team are both originally from Austria, and Daniela’s cooking will definitely tempt you with some fabulous Austrian specialties. Both are originally medical doctors but changed their life for a life on a yacht. Bernd and Daniela are highly experienced and work in the charter business for more than 14 years, they organized sailing events in Croatia for up to 1000 guests. For each guests they love to plan an individual adventure and vacation and they have only one goal in mind: to make this the best vacation you have ever had. No wonder that many of their guests are repeated clients that love and appreciate this professional, enthusiastic and dedicated couple.
Bernd (RYA Yachtmaster Ocean) is a dedicated yacht captain and sailor since he turned 18. He sailed extensively in the Mediterranean, Caribbean, US Coast and Bahamas and he sailed Shangri La over the Atlantic. He has a lot of charter experience and optimizes your perfect vacation with lots of local knowledge. He loves to share his passion for sailing, water and nature with all guests as well as his passion of creating tasteful cocktails. On Shangri La´s BBQ he shows his talent in fine grilling. Besides that he is a massive music fan and enthusiastic DJ which, as one might imagine, provides the basis for great on-board parties.
Daniela, the perfect first mate and chef, loves to make her guests feel healthy and happy. Her passion and love for food and service paired with Austrian culinary training, makes her the amazing chef she is. She is energetic and enthusiastic, loves sailing, hiking, snorkeling and sports. As a former ballet dancer, she is very good with kids and makes an enthusiastic yoga and meditation teacher, work-out coach and limbo dancer – pointing out, with a big smile:”no guest ever left Shangri La without doing Limbo at least once!”
This team will turn your sailing vacation to an extraordinary unforgettable lifetime experience!
STEWARDESS ANTONIA WERKGARTNER
Antonia, originating also from Austria, is passionate about sailing, sports, riding, a snorkel enthusiast and loves to interact with kids of all ages. She studied Tourism and Leisure Industry at the tourism school Bad Gleichenberg, Austria and graduated as a tourism specialist and a sommelier. In the past years during her study Antonia worked at several events for a well-known high class catering company, where she was responsible for guest care. She also managed a B&B in Denmark and she worked as a sailing teacher for kids aged 8-13 years. Antonia fits perfect to the high-service oriented standards that are offered on Shangri La, she is highly professional, polite and known to keep a tight ship with all her tasks being always under control and in order. Antonia speaks English, German, Italian and French. On Shangri La, her responsibilities as a hostess are, taking care of service & cleaning, preparing & serving her best cocktails, recommending the perfect wine from the on board wine selection and providing a helping hand to the chef. Flexible with a lively sense of humor and a kind heart, her aim is to make your stay as seamless and comfortable as possible.
- European Omelettes with Swiss cheese, onions and Schwartzwalder ham
- Fluffy buttermilk pancakes stuffed full with cherries
- Lox-Bagels with cream cheese, lettuce and tomatoes accompanied by fried eggs
- French Toast served with pineapples and berries
- Scrambled eggs seasoned with pumpkin seed oil, bacon and nuts
- Fluffy Italian Crepita filled with Vanilla Ricotta, Bananas and Strawberries
- California Omelettes with fresh tomatoes, artichokes, Swiss, topped with fresh Guacamole
- Caribbean Salad with fresh Herbs, Mangoes, Berries, Blue Cheese in a Truffle-Balsamic Dressing
- Sicilian Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Anchovies, Olives and Fresh Basil
- Greek Tzatziki and Greek Salad served with Grilled Pita Bread
- Spicy Tuna Salad on Curried Rice with fresh Pineapple
- Steak Burritos with Guacamole served with Rice & Beans and Garden Salad
- BLT Sandwiches with Fresh Bread, homemade Aioli and Coleslaw
- Vitello Tonnato Pasta Salad inspired Salad with Capers, Onions, Arugula
- Sashimi and Sushi Specials
- Pear-Gorgonzola Gratin with buttered Toast
- Watermelon Gazpacho with Shrimp
- Beetroot-Carpaccio with Parmesan and Walnuts in Truffle Vinaigrette
- Goat Cheese over a Bed of Mixed Greens flavored with Austrian Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Mango Mozzarella Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
- Foie Gras with roasted Fig Crumbles and Herb Baguette
- Mediterranean Chicken, baked with fresh Tomatoes, Basil and Mozzarella in an Olive/Herb Jus with Rice
- Fresh Mahi-Mahi – Mango infused in Chili/Mango Jus served with Coconut Rice
- Fresh grilled Rib Eye Steaks with baked potatoes, Salad and special Garlic Sauce
- Black Linguini in an Octopus and Ink Reduction with King Prawns
- Original Austrian Wiener Schnitzel with Parsley Potatoes, Salad and Lingonberry Sauce
- Fresh Tuna Steaks with mashed Wasabi Potatoes and Mixed Vegetables in a Soy Ginger Reduction
- Homemade Lemon Tart
- Perfect baked lava cakes with a liquid soul, served with whipped cream, strawberries and ice cream
- Crème Bruleé
- Chocolate Fondue with fresh fruits
- Fresh baked Walnut Cranberry Muffins with Ice-cream and Whipped Cream
- Homemade Raspberry Sorbet
- Homemade fresh Apple Strudel with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free wifi up to 3GB
- Saloon TV with videos from hard drive
- Ipod/device docking station
- Books and games
- Cockpit icemaker
- 14’ rigid inflatable boat w/50 hp
- Beach games: bocce ball, football, frisbee
- Fishing gear
- 2 stand up paddle boards
- Floating “couch”
- Floating mats
Model: Lagoon 52 Sailing Catamaran
Submit your review
So many wonderful memories…
Jeff learning to do the yoga
The food, the food, the food…
Drink of the day
Falling out of the dinghy
And the music!!!
Thank you so much for creating such an amazing experience for everyone! The love and passion for what you are doing is felt and displayed in everything! The sights and the laughter we shared will never be forgotten! Thanks again for sharing your home with us! The attention to detail in every part of everyday made the most memorable trip for the 6 of us. The foods, the music, the drink of the day really were quite remarkable. The crew are top notch in all that they do!
Paul, Tori, Ray, Sarah, Jeff, Kristy
Our trip was fabulous!! It far exceeded our expectations. The crew along with first mate, were just exceptional at everything they did. We had the perfect captain- he was knowledgeable, approachable, energetic, and it was clear he and the chef, like there t-shirts say...LOVE to Sail.
We were taken to all the must see sites and then more remote quiet places, he reshaped our itinerary as we went to factor in water and wind conditions. We always had quiet waters where we moored for a good night sleep. Our food and beverages were 5 star+. The chef created dishes on the boat that I wouldn't even think of trying to make at home. Her cuisine was fabulous and the presentation so amazing. The captain has an extensive music collection ranging from Christmas music to Jimmy Buffet and Reggae to 80's rock to Classical, to French and German hits to Deep House. All genres were enjoyed throughout our trip. The captain took pride in offering us an extensive collection of cocktails and mocktails as well as speciality shots after dinner. They also served us our favorite champagne on Christmas Eve and during our son, Will's birthday celebration. The boat was kept pristine largely by first mate, so no one was ever uncomfortable in sticky salt or sand while on board. Our cabins were cleaned and straightened daily and fresh sheets were given. Finally, we enjoyed every water sport offered: snorkeling, tubing, wake boarding, paddle boarding, the sub wing and lounging on the Golden Goose. We kept the crew busy setting up these activities for us, but they always were enthusiastic and helped us with great hospitality. We look forward to coming to sail again and wouldn't do it on any other boat than the Shangri La.
If you are looking for an experience that is magical, unforgettable, seamless, sublime...this is the vessel for you! A group of 6 close friends celebrated my 40th birthday with a 6-day sailing trip aboard the Shangri La. No detail is overlooked. Your comfort will be of utmost importance and the trip will be tailored to fit whatever experience you are hoping to achieve. We wanted a mix of action and relaxation, and that is exactly what we got: yoga, snorkeling, wakeboarding, lounging, paddleboarding, reading, exploring, hiking. The cuisine on board was 5-star. In fact, we had one meal onshore (which was recommended by the crew and was amazing), and I would not recommend more than that. The chef’s cooking is so good that you will not want to miss a meal. My boyfriend proposed to me on this trip, unbeknownst to the crew...and they didn't miss a beat! They were ready with chilled champagne and flutes for all - it was the perfect toast. One more note - you will be in extremely competent hands. This is a seasoned, accomplished crew. On one of our last nights, another yacht had been left without proper anchorage and had set adrift through a cluster of other sailboats. The crew immediately recognized the emergency and were able to prevent the lost boat from crashing into the shore or another boat! I have so many more memories to share - but not enough time! Thank you for a trip we will never forget!!
It is rare for events in lifetime to live up to expectations, and all of you far surpassed my expectations for this trip. You gave me an experience I will never forest and I cannot thank you enough for. Your blend of friendliness and professionalism is something I had never experienced but appreciated so much. Thank you so much for making my family and I feel so special and taken care of. I wish you nothing but the best. Hard to articulate how wonderful this experience has been for our family. Certain exceeded all expectations. Thank you for having us in your home and sharing the beauty that is the Caribbean. Truly appreciate your professionalism and graciousness – you made us feel a part of your family during this cruise, for the best vacation I have ever been on, and thank you for all the extra vegan accommodations. All the food was way beyond what I could have imagined, you had to come up with 2 menus for every meal and I really appreciate the time and effort. Much Love!
Thank you so much for an unforgettable experience! This past week has been amazing and we will all cherish these memories forever! I can´t believe how fast this week has went by, seems just like yesterday we were snorkeling or doing yoga for the 1st time. Everything we did the entire week was spectacular and I will certainly miss you all. I hope to sail again with you all very soon. We appreciate everything you did for us from activities, service, cocktails, meals and friendship! It´s not goodby but see you again soon. Our family can´t thank you enough for this adventure! We loved every minute we spent on your beautiful boat! Most importantly, we are grateful for as special time that we had together as a family as we celebrated Andrew´s graduation from university. As he enters now the “real world” we will always cherish this time – starting our days with yoga, breakfast together, hiking, scooters, snorkeling, tubing, golden goose and raftingtime! Each day and night was special. We will miss the sweet crew taking care of our every need, the chef's amazing meals and the captain’s fantastic cocktails! Hope to sail again with you in the future
I cannot say what was the best: the amazing beaches and underwater world with its beautiful wildlife the feeling of salt, wind and sun on my skin, combined to a feeling of freedom the delicious cocktails mixed by you, Bernd the best cuisine in the world prepared by you, Dani the wildest beach party with BBQ and Rum the most funniest New Year´s Eve party in a wonderful lonesome bay It was simply a trip I will never forget and where no wishes remained unfulfilled! Thank you so much for this great experience! Sending you best wishes.
This was undoubtedly the best cruise we have had in eight years. The crew took care of our every need, with great food and copious refreshments and could not have been more attentive. In addition they are lovely people, fun loving and there was much fun and laughter on board Shangri La every day.We sailed to many lovely islands with stunning beaches, many of them uninhabited so that we had the beach, island, and sea to ourselves. On one deserted island Bernd and Daniela arranged a beach barbeque using drift wood for the fire and we watched the sun set while the chef cooked great steaks above the glowing fire embers to the sound of music provided by a large music center, brought ashore for our entertainment by our hosts. We enjoyed our food as it got dark on a beautiful warm night with nothing above us but the stars and the waxing half moon.We took care to return the beach to its original pristine condition, before we retired on board Shangri La for a good night’s sleep at one of the many safe and tranquil anchorages that the crew knows so well.All in all a very pleasant and memorable holiday.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.