Soterion – Catamaran
Capable of High Performance Sailing
- 57 foot Lagoon sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 8 guests
- 4 double cabins
- Perfect for families: 2 of the cabins can be make into twins
Soterion is a Lagoon 570 catamaran. Soterion is a perfect yacht for families. The interior of the yacht is spacious and decorated with colors that magnify the perfection of ocean outside. The saloon and outdoor dining area can easily accommodate all 8 guests. Guests can even hang a hammock up and swing in the gentle movements of the yacht. Your crew, captain Ben and chef Rachel are an adventurous young crew with a passion for all things adventure. Captain Ben has sailed in many parts of the world, even Alaska. The tropical seas called him back to the Caribbean where he continues a fruitful charter career. Rachel was trained by the Culinary Institute of Montana. Her adventurous spirit on a sailboat led her to Central America where she spent time cooking in a jungle B&B and became a yoga instructor. Her ability to provide healthy and delicious meals just adds to the seduction of sailing on yacht Soterion.
$18,500-$23,500 per week
Exceeded Our Expectations!
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms with deck showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free Broadband WiFi Internet Access
- TV, VCR &d DVD’s
- Stereo with integrated sound
- Books and games
- Cockpit ice maker
Model: Lagoon 570
Engines: 2 x 53 hp
- 15′ rigid inflatable rib w/60hp engine
- Fishing equipment
- Underwater camera
- Adult & kids water skis
- 2-1 person kayaks
- 2 stand up paddle boards
- Snorkel gear
- Beach equipment
- Scuba diving by arrangement / rendezvous
- Snorkelling gear
CAPTAIN BEN & FIRST MATE/CHEF RACHEL
Soterions’s crew are a young, energetic, professional yachting and charter host team. Together they have a deep passion for all of the adventures that the Virgin Islands have to offer and enjoy sharing them with others. As a couple they offer a charming graciousness that helps people to feel comfortable and fully relaxed, and work closely with every charterer to match their guest’s level of interest with the right level of activity, dining, and relaxation.
Ben was born & raised on the Gulf of Maine, and has harbored a love of the sea his entire life. Building his first rowboat with his father at the age of six, Ben knew that the ocean was where he belonged. At eight, he started sailing aboard a Rhodes 19’ and by the age of 18, he made his way from Portsmouth, NH to Hawaii via the Caribbean islands and Panama Canal aboard various sailboats. Eventually settling in Washington State’s Puget Sound, Ben taught sailing in a community sailing program during the summer months and apprenticing under a local shipwright in the winters. Finally aboard his own 32’ sailboat, he was able to fulfill a dream of sailing back to New Hampshire. Adventures along the way to fund his dream included, working as a deckhand aboard ocean going tugboats hauling freight through Southeast Alaska, commercial fishing for giant Bluefin tuna, delivering sailboats along the west coast of Central America, and working as mate aboard a luxury charter yacht based in Petersburg, Alaska where he learned the finer points of running top quality charters. Tropical seas calling him, Ben focused his efforts on the Virgin Islands and has successfully Captained two charter catamarans based in the BVI. Ben is excited to be aboard Soterion, sailing the crystal clear waters and trade winds of the US & British Virgin Islands.
Rachel was born with an adventurous spirit, and grew up hiking, camping, fishing, and eagerly exploring her love for the outdoors near her childhood home in Boulder, CO. With a degree in Business Marketing, she worked in sales for DEWALT power tools in Boston, quickly developing a passion for the ocean, enjoying swimming, SCUBA diving, sea kayaking and catching and cooking the freshest seafood. Her fascination with sailboats also started in New England, where she called on and worked with the manufacturing facilities of Hinckley Yachts in Maine and observed the construction process from start to finish of some of the finest yachts in the world. Rachel has also pursued her passion for food and entertaining, working with the Culinary Institute of Montana where winters included skiing and working in fine dining establishments while the summer months involved rock climbing, rafting, and racing sailboats on the largest natural freshwater lake in the western US. Missing the salty air & vastness of the ‘big blue’, Rachel left the US to live and work aboard a sailboat and deliver her from Florida to Bocas del Toro, Panama. Eventually spending extensive time in Central America, Rachel founded Nicaragua Energetic Flow Yoga, working as a full time traveling instructor at 6 resorts in the southwest corner of Nicaragua. She also managed and cooked at a B&B guesthouse in the jungle outside San Juan del Sur. As an athlete and yogi, Rachel is adamant about using the freshest quality local ingredients to create healthy and delicious meals that feed the body and the soul.
- Tropical Fruit Platter
Coffee & Tea Service
- Berry Quinoa Salad w. Bacon & Fresh Baked Croissants
- Eggs in a Basket with British Bacon & Potatoes
- Banana Nut Bread with Breakfast Egg Casserole & Sausage
- Esalen Greek Quiche with Spinach & Fresh Pastries
- NYC Bagels & Loks or Pancakes with Fried Green Apples
- Baked Oatmeal with Yogurt & Berry Plum Compote
- Sesame Chicken and Brown Rice Salad with Spinach & Peanuts
- Grilled Eggplant on Focaccia with Broccoli Salad & Kettle Cooked Taro Chips
- African Chicken Peanut Soup with Grilled Veggie Skewers & Fresh Baked Bread
- Half Bistro Sandwich with Crisp Goat Cheese Salad
- Individual Baked Brie with Mixed Greens & Beet Salad
- Turkey or Black Bean Burgers with Vinegar Slaw & Grilled Pineapple
- Creamy Chilled Broccoli Soup with Assorted Canape & Bell Peppers
- Deviled Eggs with Fresh Veggies & Creamy Dill Dip / Sun Downers
- Popcorn & Melon with Prosciutto / Painkillers
- Hummus & Arugula Pizza / White Sangria
- Prosciutto Stuffed with Fresh mozzarella & Tomato / Rum Swizzle
- Focaccia with Roast Garlic & Oil or Bruschetta / Red Sangria
- Cheese, Meat, Olives & Crackers / Mango Lassie
- Melon Salsa, Black Bean Dip, & Guacamole with Corn Chips / Lovey’s Margaritas
- Avocado & Tomato with Baby Greens, Mahi wrapped in Banana Leaves with Citrus Couscous, Sauteed Squash & Spicy Pineapple
- Fisherman’s Calamari & Seaweed Salad, Jerk Chicken with Bananas Binja & Creamy Coleslaw (passion fruit if available)
- Crab Cakes with Sweet Chili Sauce & Asparagus, Chutney Pork over Brussel Sprout Hash with Creamy Celery Root Slaw & Fast Apple Salad
- Spring Rolls & Peanut Sauce, Coconut Chicken Curry over Pearled Couscous with Saffron Parsley Potatoes
- Esalen Gazpacho, Salmon Tacos with Minted Corn Salsa, Fresh Guacamole & Dirty Rice
- Tomato Mozzarella Stack with Pesto & Balsamic Reduction, Super Scampi with Garlic Points
- Soba Noodle Salad in a Lettuce Bowl, Chimchurry with Puerto Rican Red Beans & Rice
- Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Mint
- Vanilla Creme Brulee with Rhubarb
- Pavlova Stacks with Fresh Fruit & Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Pistachio Tart
- Coconut Cream Smoothie
- Rustic Fruit Tart A’Lamode
- Bananas Foster or Cherries Jubilee
$18,500-$23,500 per week
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef.
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert.
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolate and more.
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar.
- Onboard Water Sports
- Basic broadband Wireless Internet Access.
- Air Conditioning.
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI license and port fees.
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages & excess alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- SCUBA Diving
- Crew gratuity – 15-20% of the charter cost scaled up or down for level of service
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.