Tellstar – Catamaran
Brand New Luxury Catamaran
- 77 foot sailing Lagoon catamaran
- Accommodates 8 guests
- 4 queen cabins
- Scuba diving available onboard
TELLSTAR is a brand new 2019 Lagoon Seventy 7 catamaran. There is a large upstairs shaded fly-bridge which provides added space and a great breeze with 360 views while sailing or chilling at anchor. The light wood interior with dark floors along with all vertical saloon windows gives the feeling of actually being outside. The saloon sliding glass doors open to a full outdoor seating area to enjoy your cuisine in the fresh air. Jack & Jaimey have been chartering together for 8 years and know the BVI like the back of their hand. Jack was in the US Navy and a Nuclear Engineering consultant before pursuing his passion of sailing. He crossed the Atlantic Ocean by himself and has been the captain of various sailing yachts in the Caribbean. Jaimey grew up around the water and has a Civil Engineering degree. Jaimey’s passion for the water and hosting brought her to the Caribbean. Jake joined this experienced team as the engineer/deckhand.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$58,000||$58,500||$58,500||$59,000||$59,000||$59,500||$59,500|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$58,000||$58,500||$58,500||$59,000||$59,000||$59,500||$59,500|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN JACK & CHEF/MATE JAIMEY
The crew are an energetic and fun loving couple that will make you feel relaxed and at ease. They are passionate about sailing and share a love for the Caribbean. Captain Jack has intriguing historical stories about the Caribbean and Jaimey will guide you on snorkeling tours around the best reefs in the area. Jack is from the United States and Jaimey is from the cold north of Canada. Together, these two are a professional hard working team who are enjoying life to the fullest.
Captain Jack was born and raised in Maryland sailing the waters of the Chesapeake. He started sailing as a young boy with his father. He studied at the University of Maryland and served in the US Navy. Jack has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maryland and was trained in the Navy’s Nuclear Power Program were he served on Submarines. After leaving the Navy, Jack worked as a Nuclear Engineering consultant for 14 years during which time he obtained a Master’s in Business Administration from Johns Hopkins University. Jack built sea miles in the Navy, and doing deliveries and passages throughout his years in the corporate world. Finally, Jack decided to fulfill his lifelong dream of being a sea Captain and left the US. Jack sailed, single handed, across the Atlantic and has completed many other crossings and long distance deliveries. Jack has also skippered numerous recreational vessels, including day sail vessels, dive boats, as well as working on Tall Ships. Jack is passionate about being on the water, but even more passionate about sailing. He has spent the past 10 years in the Caribbean working in the private yacht industry, running day charters and Captaining term charter vessels with up to 10 guests. Jack is a qualified Dive Master. Jack has a contagious joy for life. If you are looking for a sailing vacation that is exactly what you will get with Jack as your Captain. You will see Jack’s face light up if asked to teach people how to sail.
Chef/Mate Jaimey was born and raised in Canada. From the time she was born, she spent summers yachting on the lakes around Ontario with her family. Jaimey has a Civil Engineering degree from McGill University in Quebec and worked in the Environmental Engineering field following university. Jaimey’s love for warmth and water brought her to the Caribbean 9 years ago where she learned to sail. Jaimey is the optimal chef and first mate. Her cuisine is full of flare and flavor and she always caters to the guests tastes. Jaimey loves to try new recipes and isn’t afraid of a challenge in the galley. Jaimey’s recipes are light and healthy yet filling and her homemade bread is heavenly! With Jaimey’s love for sailing and the water she is also a great first mate. Jaimey loves to run, hike, explore, and exercise and will happily show you the islands from her perspective. Jaimey is also an experienced DiveMaster and loves to snorkel. Jaimey’s joyful spirit, caring nature and love for cooking wonderful food guarantees guests feel relaxed and at home on their vacation.
Growing up in northeastern United States on the southern coast of New Jersey, Jakes love and appreciation for the ocean developed from a very early age. Jake grew up surrounded by a family of sailors, divers and fisherman. In 2010 Jake’s family traded their life in New Jersey for the warm waters off the pacific coast of Costa Rica. The next few years of his life were spent traveling throughout Central America. Upon completing high school, Jake stumbled onto his first job in the yachting industry as Deck/Stew onboard luxury sailing catamarans. Jake has now been working aboard charter yachts for 3 years and it the ultimate crew member. He is friendly, charismatic and the guests are always his number one priority. He is a master mixologist, loves to take guests on snorkeling adventures and you will often find him at the helm driving the boat while Captain Jack runs around on deck! He really is a jack of all trades!
- Breakfast Crepes with Fresh Fruit, Yogurt & Granola
- Traditional or Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Sweet Potato Home fries
- Huevos Rancheros with Avocado, Salsa & Lime Crema
- Baked French Toast Casserole served with Yogurt and Fresh Fruit
- Fresh Toasted Bagels Stacks with sundried tomato cream cheese, fried egg, fresh Spinach, Sprouts, sliced tomato topped with sliced avocado
- Breakfast Skillet – Fried Eggs baked on top of potato, pepper and onion hash
- Greek Yogurt Oatmeal Pancakes with Crème Fresh and Blueberry Compote
- All breakfast is served with fresh fruit, granola, tea, coffee and assorted bread selection
- Chef’s salad with Balsamic Marinated Grilled Chicken and Fresh Homemade Artisan Bread
- Super Chop Salad topped with Citrus Grilled Salmon – Chopped Kale and
- Spinach with Pumpkin Seeds, Sliced Orange, Red Onion and Feta Cheese with Quinoa
- Homemade Grilled Pizza with Mixed Green Salad tossed with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette
- Homemade Falafel with Tzatziki, Greek Salad and Warm Flatbread
- Grilled Blackened Shrimp Caesar Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing & Fresh Focaccia Bread
- West Indian Chicken Roti served with Mango Chutney and Fresh Garden Salad
- Grilled Flank Steak Hoisin Lettuce Wraps served with Jasmine Rice, Mixed Julian Vegetables and wonton chips
- Swiss Cheese Burgers with Sautéed Mushrooms and Fried Onions served with Parmesan Potato Fries and Veggies and Dip
- Fried Brie topped with maple bacon jam served with warm crusty bread
- Greek Platter with Hummus, Tzatziki and Veggie Sticks
- Grilled Flatbread with Gruyere Cheese, Sautéed Onions and Filet topped with Chimichurri Sauce
- Charcuterie Platter with mixed cheese, Olives and Cured Meats
- Homemade Coconut Shrimp with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- Pork Gyoza with dipping sauce
- Chicken Satay with thai peanut sauce
- Grilled Lobster with Saffron Rice Pilaf and Roasted Fennel
- Coffee and Coco Rubbed Grilled Fillet with an ancho chili sauce, steamed asparagus and salt and vinegar smashed potatoes
- Jerk Spiced Pork Tenderloin with Homemade Pineapple Chutney, sweet potato au gratin and Green Beans Sautéed with Almonds
- Grilled Blackened Mahi Mahi with Cilantro and Yellow Pepper Pesto served with Truffle Mushroom and Thyme Risotto and Sautéed Broccoli
- Coconut Chicken or Shrimp Curry served with Jasmine Rice and Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Thai Shrimp Kabobs with Coconut Curry Sauce, Grilled Vegetables & Fiery Peanut Noodles
- Warm Chocolate Fondant with Vanilla Ice Cream and Salted Caramel Sauce
- New York Style Cheesecake topped with Mango, Strawberries and Blueberries
- Rum Chocolate Pots
- Fresh Homemade Key Lime Pie with Graham Cracker Crust and Meringue Topping
- Poached Pears in Red Wine with Mascarpone Cream and Dark Chocolate Drizzle
- Banana Bread Pudding with Bourbon Vanilla Caramel Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream
- Rum Fudge Pie
- Lemon Berry Parfaits
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker and generators
- Free WiFi Internet access
- Satellite TV
- Full surround sound system
- iPod/device docking station
- Cockpit ice maker
- 15’ rigid inflatable boat w/70hp engine
- Water Skis for adults and kids
- Snorkel Gear & floating mats
- Wakeboard, kneeboard & towable tube
- 2 Stand up paddle boards
- Light fishing gear
- SCUBA diving available
Model: Lagoon Catamaran
Engines: 2 Yanmar engines
Submit your review
I wanted to let the experiences of our fantastic week onboard Tellstar to settle in before adding a personal note so the time has come to share some recollections of our charter. Even so I’m sure I’ll miss a few highlights. Let’s just start with our warm and welcoming greeting from the entire crew and our first view of the absolutely gorgeous Seventy7 Lagoon. Nothing short of a spectacular yacht – we didn’t know it yet but it didn’t take long for us to realize the crew was equally spectacular in their own rights. You all must be experienced at keeping your laughter under wraps to the land dwellers trying to find their sea legs but we had an especially challenging experience as the Christmas winds came late this year and we had pretty consistent winds in excess of 20 - 25 knots. Thank you for making us feel safe at all times.
Each of you have such individual talents but collectively – what a team! I loved when the chef sent the deckhand to a nearby yacht so he could have a moment of puppy time – nice and considerate to provide surprises to each other when the opportunity presents itself. And you never stop. We’re enjoying water activities while you are in the water keeping that yacht looking beautiful. We’re busy with breakfast and you’re all making up the cabins/likewise dinner and turning down the beds. So fun to walk out of my cabin to hear the crew having a very serious discussion on the table settings for the evening – humorous to me but just a simple example on how the details were important to you at every turn.
Thank you, thank you for taking such great care of us this week. It was a pleasure to get to know you. The week was relaxing and magical. Thanks especially for arranging Akim to play the Steel drums for us and for the chance to play on the Hobie 18, we had so much fun with Jake! The food was delicious and interesting and we loved having you join us for Thanksgiving dinner. Thanks also to Jake, intrepid, kind and so much fun to hang with! Best wishes for a great chartering season! It was such a wonderful trip. You both made our experience a great one. Your passion for sailing is evident which enhances the joy we felt. Chef, your cooking was amazing! What a fun and relaxing trip! Take good care and we will be following you on social media to see what you’re up to!
Lets start by mentioning this incredible vessel. Perfect design and excellent workmanship. Made everyone envious. Then the crew. They made the best, even better. Captain led one of the best teams on the ocean. Attentive service, safe hands, a wonderfully authentic experience. The chef’s highest quality and creative menu means we are leaving with a few extra pounds but it's well worth it, everything was outstanding and she's an amazing anchor girl too! The deckhand is the man! He should be up for the next James Bond. A true gentleman and always engaged in his mission to take care of us all, at all times. A wonderful experience on a badass yacht with our dearest and industry leaders Captain and crew.
The yacht was spotless, the flybridge upper deck was our favorite hangout. The crew was a phenomenal team. The itinerary was perfect and they made it so much fun. As a former restaurant owner with 35 years in the industry, I would have hired the chef in a heart beat but I know I could never match the view she has from the galley. She is talented, precise and her food presentation is out of a magazine, while all being made from scratch. There are only 2 words: 5 stars. Thanks for this wonderful vacation. If I can ever stop talking about it, I will be booking again.
The crew were excellent! They were delightful-looked after our every need and were a joy to be around. The yacht was very comfortable, clean and the air conditioning was great when we needed it. The flybridge was our favorite. Food was excellent and always superbly presented. The food was so good. The itinerary was perfect for us and we are in love with the crew and islands.
Thank you both so much for all you did to make this incredible moving experience so special. We will never be the same. I will go to this trip in my head and heart often. We certainly share the love of the yacht, trip and awesome crew. Loved the teamwork and how you make it look so easy. We know and appreciate how hard you work and all you do!
This trip is truly an answered prayer! Incredible gluten-free food, wonderful family times, adventure, lots of relaxing and unforgettable memories. You guys did such an awesome job of taking care of us. There truly was "no worries mate".
Thank you so much for our amazing week of adventure! It has been an unforgettable experience. Thank you for being so warm and accommodating. The food was so amazing! You are all such lovely people. Thank you so much!
Our family gets a little teary-eyed when she tells people about what an amazing trip it was. As for me, there are many parts of the trip that I’ll never forget but the most memorable was when the captain took me out fishing that last morning... it was simply magical and certainly above and beyond his Captain duties. Before time gets away from me, I wanted to share with you some of my thoughts about the TellStar charter that are more on a professional-to-professional level than something for the Guest Book. From the first piece of correspondence, and throughout the trip, I was impressed with how thorough you were in helping us enjoy the experience. You are so good at communicating the details behind the cruise...what to wear, the pros and cons of our suggested itinerary, what “Life on Tellstar” is like, food/refreshments (types and quantities), weather/environment, etc. And you patiently responded to all our redundant questions, even though you had provided all of us with the answers in your Helpful Hints document. When we final arrived the boarding was stress-free for all of us due to your great instructions, careful pre-planning and friendly introductory attitude. Of course, the ship is breathtaking but the graciousness in which all of you welcomed us made us feel like special guests in your home. The captain has the prefect personality and disposition for a ship’s Captain. He is patient in answering all questions, and his knowledge and professionalism in stills confidence with passengers. As for the chef, she is a true professional... always cooperative about the menu, explaining ingredients, taste profiles, and handling everyone’s likes and dislikes. I never imagined how complicated it would be to coordinate food for 8 until I saw her inaction... she is a master at that task and a chef extraordinaire! I was so impressed with how the 4 of you worked together as a team. Each of you had a specific area of responsibility, which you managed quite successfully, but you supported each other in all areas. The captain sometimes preformed the role of sous chef or waiter to help the chef...the chef provided assistance to the captain when he brought the ship to port... and the crew were always available to help out with one of the guest’s requests if you were busy. Another thing that I couldn’t get over was the level of respect you all shared towards TellStar, you treated the ship as it was yours. You were continually cleaning/straightening/adjusting things... making sure everything was in its proper place. As a business owner, I’m sure the people that own TellStar would be equally impressed and thankful to have such a conscience team in his employ. We had an incredible time, and it was made even more special because of the crew.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.