The Big Dog – Catamaran
Stylish & Lounging galore!
- 62 ft Leopard sailing catamaran
- accommodates 8 guests
- 4 queen cabins with en-suite bathrooms
- SCUBA diving offered
The Big Dog is a large and spacious 62′ catamaran offering spacious comfort and plenty of lounging area. With 4 guest cabins each with queen berths, TV/VCR/DVD/Stereo, private ensuite electric heads and stall showers. Large main salon has a great bar for happy hour and formal dining area.
She has a spacious aft deck for lounging and alfresco dining plus a topside flybridge with padded lounge area to enjoy the refreshing breezes and a spectacular 360 degree view. Forward she has huge trampolines with padded seat backs for comfort.
With so much space, you will not be disappointed when your experienced EPIC crew guides you through “Nature’s Little Secrets” in style.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
Submit your review
I truly wish words could articulate how amazing this vessel and crew are. We had a group of 2 and 2 are vegetarians. The chef catered every meal to fit everyone's taste and preference. I can only say if someone is wishing to book this yacht and crew, please don't hesitate to make the greatest decision you will ever make booking this yacht and crew.
I wanted to take some time to thank you again for the great trip we had a couple of weeks ago. It was by far the best vacation I have ever been on and I think everyone in our group feels the same way. Your hospitality was greatly appreciated. You both did an excellent job handling our crazy group. Every meal you prepared was excellent. Every place you took us was a great time. Everybody in our group enjoyed spending time with you. I can’t wait to do it again. A trip in BVI with you guys makes coming back to the real world seem like a bad idea. You are welcome to use this as a testimonial if you would like to. I would also be happy to let your bosses or brokers know how much we enjoyed the trip. Just forward me some contact info. if you would like me to do that. Thanks again! I hope that we can go on a trip with you again someday.
- Air conditioning & fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Watermaker & generators
- Surround sound audio system
- iPod/device hookup
- TV in saloon & in all cabins
- Wi-Fi onboard
- Ice maker & Water maker
- Assorted water toys
- Kneedboard & 3 different tubes
- Water skis & child water skis
- Floating mats
- 2 x 1 person kayaks
- 1 stand up paddleboard
- Snorkelling gear & swimming noodles
- SCUBA diving gear for certified divers
Draft: 5′ 5″
Year Built: 2002 Total REFIT 2018
Engines: 2 x 240 HP
Captain Terry & Chef/Mate Ruth Ross
Terry has been messing around on boats since he was a child. He started sailing dinghies and then moved onto larger boats. Despite being a qualified electrician he always yearned to turn his hobby into a career, and following his first trans Atlantic crossing with friends, he decided to do just that.
He is a commercially endorsed MCA Yachtmaster (both sail and power). He has also been both helm and launching authority for his local branch of Ireland’s volunteer lifeboat service.
His other great passion is diving and he looks forward to showing the delights that the Caribbean has to offer to Reaction’s guests. Diving is included for certified divers only. For uncertified divers, the crew can arrange a rendezvous with one of the local dive companies . For those guests who do not wish to dive, Terry and Ruth are really happy to bring their guests, young and not so young, snorkeling.
Ruth formerly worked as a teacher before joining Terry for a career in sailing. She has always enjoyed cooking and has taken cookery courses in places such as Rick Steins Seafood School in Padstow, England and Dunbrody House Cookery School in Wexford, Ireland amongst others. She cooks a diverse range of meals, and particularly loves using local fresh produce whenever possible. She is more than happy to accommodate any special dietary requests.
Together Ruth and Terry have run a 47 charter catamaran in the Bahamas and a private 70 monohull, both for long periods of time. They have crossed the Atlantic together 4 times, have cruised extensively around the Caribbean, Bahamas, Miami, the Mediterranean, Atlantic Islands and of course at home in Ireland. Most recently, they have been running a 56 charter catamaran in the beautiful BVIs and have come to know and love the area and its magnificent anchorages. They look forward to sharing them with you.
They are a very welcoming couple who work as a team in all aspects of the running of the boat. It is very important to them that each guest that they welcome on board reAction enjoys every moment of their stay and has a holiday to remember forever.
Casual Kosher diet and some specialty diets can easily be accommodated, please inquire.
- All breakfasts served with fresh fruit, juice, toast, cereal, freshly brewed coffee or tea.
- Eggs Benedict with your choice of smoked salmon or canadian bacon.
- Maple and Pecan baked french toast
- Egg Quesadillas served with fresh tomato and avocado salsa.
- Sausage, crispy bacon and creamy scrambled eggs.
- Granola, yoghurt and fresh fruit parfait.
- Spinach and feta frittata.
- Provencal style baked eggs.
- Caesar salad with homemade dressing and croutons. Served with chicken or shrimp.
- Salade Nicoise with seared fresh tuna.
- “Build your own burger”; homemade beef patties with a range of sides to chose from!
- Shrimp and smoked salmon salad with horseradish cream and ginger lime vinaigrette.
- BBQ ribs, served with potato salad and green salad.
- Crab and avocado tian.
- Tuna tartare with avocado and wonton crisps.
- Filo wrapped shrimp with sweet chili dipping sauce.
- Mini pizza pinwheels.
- Tomato and fresh basil bruschetta.
- Mezze platter of hummus, tapenade, tzatziki and olives.
- Conch fritters with spicy cocktail sauce.
- Buffalo wings with celery and blue cheese sauce.
- Spinach and artichoke dip with garlic pita triangles.
- Filet mignon with caramelised onion and red wine sauce, oven roast potatoes, roast broccoli and almonds and cauliflower puree.
- Pistachio crusted mahi mahi with leek puree, asparagus and parmesan polenta discs, with beurre blanc sauce.
- Pork tenderloin in a creamy orange sauce, baked rice, steamed green beans and mangetout.
- Chilean sea bass with moroccan salsa, mint and walnut couscous, cauliflower with cumin and almonds.
- Pasta a la vodka with garlic shrimp skewers and fresh green salad.
- Asian buffet of seared marinated salmon, hoisin beef, asian style noodles, edamame, stir fried mixed vegetables.
- Thai green curry with chicken, steamed jasmine rice.
- Key lime pie.
- Chocolate rum fudge pie and fresh whipped cream.
- Individual baked fruit crumbles
- Creme Brulee
- Bananas Foster with ice cream
- Pineapple and Szechuan parfait, griddled pineapple, dark Cuban rum caramel
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$21,900||$22,400||$22,900||$23,400||$23,900||$24,900||$25,900|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.