Tranquilo – Catamaran
- 47 foot sailing catamaran
- Accommodates 8 guests
- 4 queens with ensuite bathrooms & twin bunk cabin**
- Striking design
TRANQUILO is a highly sought after Fountaine Pajot Saona 47. With powerful performance, striking design and minimalist elegance, you will enjoy your unforgettable sailing experience in Belize Cayes.
With an expansive and integrated open plan indoor, outdoor and galley areas, she is intelligently designed for the ultimate charter comforts. The 5 cabin layout includes 4 queen air conditioned cabins with private bathrooms and a 5th bunk bed cabin, so comfortably sleeping 8 guests plus crew, perfect for families or groups of friends. Further benefits include a large integrated helm lounge deck and an extended aft platform with swim deck.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
**One cabin allocated to crew
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
|Winter 2019 to 2020||$13,650||$14,700||$15,750||$16,800||$17,850||$18,900||$19,950|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$13,650||$14,700||$15,750||$16,800||$17,850||$18,900||$19,950|
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks.
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine(1 bottle p/p/d) and local rum
- Water Sport activities
- Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
- Complimentary pickup at airport or hotel on arrival day.
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Liquor & Wine (avail. at duty free shop)
- 10% Belize taxes and/or Guatemala Entry/Exit Fees
- Crew gratuity
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN JESSE & MATE/CHEF KARLA
Note that crew schedules are subject to change and we will confirm 30 days prior to arrival.
Jesse is from Spokane, Washington. Growing up he spent more time hiking and skiing mountains than sailing but as soon as he could he left the frosty island northwest to pursue his dreams of living and working on the sea. First as a dive instructor and later on as a Sailor. Jesse has been Captaining catamarans for 3 years in places like Hawaii, Guadeloupe and the Abacos and this is his second season here with us in Belize. In Jesse’s off time you will find him kitesurfing, riding his bike or look for a Mountain to fly off of.
Hailing from the spectacular colonial town of Merida in Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsular, Karla crew up in a cultured world of travel and adventure. Prior to joining Belize Sailing Vacations, Karla was an English teacher and enjoys the interaction of people and the discovery of different cultures. Karla is a gracious host, paying extra special attention to the details of all the BSV charter ‘touches’…. and if you indicate that you enjoy Mexican food on your personalized guest preference form, you are likely to be showcased some of the divine recipes she grew up with and learned from an early age that were handed down from generation to generation.
Belize Sailing Vacations has a fantastic reputation for creative culinary fare, quality of ingredients and flexibility in accommodating dietary requirements and special guest requests. Using locally sourced produce – fresh fish, locally reared meats and fruits and veggies from the farms in Cayo – highlights of our acclaimed menu include the following…
- Breakfast is served with fresh fruit, breads, island jams and a selection of beverages including local artisan coffee
- Selection of tropical fruits with local granola, yoghurt & fresh baked breads
- Fluffy banana rum pancakes & bacon
- Mayan chaya eggs served with freshly baked breads
- Cinnamon French toast, local sausage
- Smoked ham, tomato & herb mini quiches
- Tropical shrimp & pineapple salad, ginger citrus dressing, fresh baked breads
- BBQ reef burger – guest rated 5 stars
- Shrimp, cucumber, mint & ginger rice paper salad wraps with sweet habanero dipping sauce
- Fragrant chopped chicken & broccoli salad, peanut ponzu sauce
- Belizean chorizo and rum black bean soup
- Crispy chicken tostadas, pico de gallo
- Fish tacos served with purple slaw, cilantro pineapple crema
- Brie, mango chutney and fresh pear croustades
- Caribbean lobster or conch ceviche, local tortilla chips
- Assorted Cheeses and fruits served with crackers and chutneys
- Home made lime cilantro hummus with toasted flat bread
- Garlic shrimp & herb dip
- Chicken satay sticks, peanut dipping sauce
- Cocktails include the signature ‘painkiller’ coconut pineapple rum punch with fresh grated nutmeg
- BBQ Caribbean lobster with fried plantains and pineapple cilantro salsa
- Catch of the day – chef’s whimsical creation with the days catch
- Island shrimp linguine, tomato, herb balsamic salad
- Belizean rum marinated BBQ pork tenderloin, ginger sweet potato mash, mango balsamic reduction
- Thai ginger coconut seafood curry
- Brazilian shrimp ‘moqueca’, saffron rice
- All dinners are served with selected wines
- Key lime ginger crunch
- Coconut chocolate brownies, hot berry compote
- Chocolate rum ‘salami’, chocolate drizzle – Dragonfruit cheesecake
- Mini tiramisu
Please note this is a sample menu and subject to change, based on availability of the best produce. Lobster season runs from June 15th to February 15th
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and showers
- Heated deck showers
- Water-maker and generator
- WiFi Internet Access
- Salon TV with USB ports
- iDevice docking station
- Cockpit and flybridge speakers
- Cockpit ice maker
- Sailing Instructions available
- 13’ rigid inflatable boat w/15 hp engine
- 2 two person kayaks
- 1 Paddle-board
- Snorkeling gear
- Beach games
- Fishing gear
Model: Fountaine Pajot
Engines: 2 x 50 hp Diesel
Submit your review
This is our second chartered trip on a catamaran and I don't think it will ever get old. We arrived around 4pm in Belize City and decided to stay at the Best Western Biltmore that night (had a great time there too). Shuttle to the marina the next morning by the crew was right on time with their very friendly driver (John, I believe) - fairly short ride as well. We were welcomed by The Captain & Chef (not just a cook!) Christie to "come aboard" the new (2018) and beautiful 47' Fountaine Pajot Saona "Tranquilo". The next week then becomes the perfect blur as we had so many good adventures - snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing, lobster catching, naps, sightings of rays, turtles, nurse sharks, naps, island exploring, a few island bars, did I mention naps, and a wonderful manatee (GoPro's are a great invention - I highly recommend having a waterproof camera of sorts). The captain knows the Cayes very well and was always getting us to some great spots based on what we were looking for. The chef was a pure joy and every single meal, snack, and beverage was terrific and unique. We chose the Northern itinerary which was perfect for this time of year. The crew was excellent in all of their communications prior and post trip, and their pre-trip worksheet really allows them to understand their clients expectations, food preferences, and activity interests. We highly recommend this yachtfor any of your sailing needs/adventures in Belize.
Just returned from a week of sailing on Tranquilo. There was not one thing that I would change about the entire trip. The food was amazing, the snorkeling was beautiful, the sailing was intoxicating and the experience of being on the water for a week was positively life changing. The crew were the icing on the cake. The captain was patient and a great teach and the chef is an amazing cook! I will be back for sure!
We chartered Tranquilo over Christmas and the New Year. There was John and myself, the oldies, and our daughter, son in law and their two boys who are 13 and 11. The crew were really wonderful and did everything possible to give us a memorable time. Having decided that we would prefer to sail towards the south of the country away from the busier cayes, that is just what we did. Some days having two or three different anchorages for snorkelling and then finishing up at yet another caye for the night. It was remarkably quiet, we saw very few other boats. The boat was super with plenty of room for us all to find a place on deck or wherever we wanted to be. The chef produced some scrumptious meals, especially when it was the fish that Jesse and the boys had caught! We shall hope to return.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.