Vicarious – Catamaran
- 48 ft sailing catamaran
- Accommodates up to 6
- 3 Queen en-suite cabins
- USVI based
VICARIOUS is a 48 ft Leopard Sailing Catamaran ideal for a family or small group charter vacation in the US Virgin Islands. Three queen guest cabins with private ensuite bathrooms, dry shower stall and sink. Each cabin is fully air-conditioned for clients comfort.
Forward cockpit accessible thru glass doors in Salon offering flow through ventilation and a beautiful breeze. Aft cockpit for dining and lounging and trampoline area for lounging.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2020 to 2021||$15,000||$15,375||$15,750||$16,125||$16,500|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$15,000||$15,375||$15,750||$16,125||$16,500|
Christmas week: $19,000
New Year week: $21,000
*Please enquire about increased rates for Holiday weeks and other destinations
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising taxes and permits, BVI licenses and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- BVI individual fishing permits
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN AUSTEN & CHEF/MATE PHILOMINA
Growing up on Long Island, New York, Austen was a shoe in-for the sailing life. At the age of eight, he would sail across Northport Bay to visit the town’s general store as he was too young to drive. At the age of ten, he became involved with competitive sailboat racing and soon became an Optimist class national champion. Since then, he has gone on to many other classes of sailboats and filled skipper, crew and coaching roles. After graduating from Hobart William Smith College, where he captained the sailing team, he decided to work and live in the Virgin Islands for a year. There he learned the ins and outs of island life — as well as the best sailing, mooring and dining options. After a year learning the charter trade, he moved back to New York to work in his family’s tool manufacturing business. While running the company’s operations, he spent any extra time he had, including vacation days, professionally racing Etchells sailboats in all parts of the world. But his days in the Virgin Islands would stay with him, and the pristine beaches and eclectic life on the islands would always find a way back into his daydreams. Little did he expect, in 2018 the family would decide to move its business to Florida where he would meet Philomena, a happy go lucky water woman who also had dreams of island life.
Philomena grew up in West Palm Beach, Florida, where she spent her weekends cooking, snorkeling and learning to free dive with her father. At age seven, she was diving in the Bahamas for sunken airplane wrecks as deep as 60 feet. Eventually, she learned to surf overhead waves and became obsessed with being an all-around water woman. While in high school she became interested in photography and spent a good portion of four years in the dark room. She followed this with a semester working in a California color dark room, an education at Daytona State and internships with four very different photographers. During this time, she also became interested in where her food came from and arranged to spend her summers doing a work internship on a small organic farm in Colorado. As she became a passionate foodie, she experimented with all kinds of diets — from grass fed elk to raw vegan cuisine, she grew it, cooked it, photographed it, served it and lived it. In 2018 she moved to New Smyrna Beach to continue surfing and diving while also climbing the ladder from food prep cook to bartender. She also became a full time wedding and event photographer. Austen had tried asking her out one night while she was bartending, but was turned down — little did she know, almost a year later they would become a couple. Not only would Austen help convince her to go back to school for a culinary arts degree, but they would also agree to a life on the water showing guests the beauties of the ocean and food.
Today, Austen and Philomena run the Charter Vicarious business together. Whether you want complete silence or an outgoing adventurous island experience, these two are your crew!
- All breakfasts served with coffee, tea and juice
- Toasted super power chia bread – Avocado spread, poached egg and hollandaise sauce garnished with onion and sprouts
- Islander quiche
- Snorkel all day smoothie bowl – Almond milk, frozen avocado, frozen banana, chia seeds, hemp hearts, vegan protein powder, almond butter, medjool dates, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and granola.
- Norwegian pancakes with berry jam, butter, and warm maple syrup
- Overnight oats chia pudding parfait
- Eggs of your choice served with sausage or avocado and breakfast hash
- Philly’s Breakfast Sandwich – Homemade croissant, pepper jelly, jarlsberg, avocado spread, thin sliced onion and sprouts
- Spicy BBQ Chickpea Burgers & Lightened-Up Crispy Baked Fries
- Grilled Chicken, kale and mint wrap with cashew vinaigrette
- Grilled Shrimp Kebabs with a tahini drizzle with lemon hummus and chips
- Chicken and cabbage dim sum
- Summer Glow Buddha Bowl with house vinaigrette
- Chicken Gyro wrap
- Chicken Fajitas
- Served with assorted side dishes
- (shredded lettuce, fried onion/green/yellow/red peppers, grated cheese, salsa, sour cream)
- Homemade Burgers served with coleslaw salad and chips
- Garlic & Cream Cheese stuffed mushrooms
- Warm Goats Cheese & Sun Dried Tomato Tartlets
- Endive Salad with Brie & Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Caprese salad
- Coconut Chicken Bites
- Mexican-Spiced Steaks with Cilantro Chimichurri and chayote squash salad walnut-crusted scallops with butternut squash puree
- Greek Lemon Oregano Potato soup with Greek style baked chicken
- Blueberry filet mignon with cauliflower mash
- Crispy skinned Market Fish with parsnip puree
- Perfect Whole thirty meatballs over spaghetti squash served with homemade bread
- Asian Ground Beef Lettuce wraps with Miso Soup
- German chocolate brownies with Ice cream
- Vegan Salted Peanut Butter Crunch Torte with coconut whip cream
- Chocolate covered mini cheese cakes
- Phily’s avocado chocolate mousse with whip
- Lime tartlet
- Peanut Butter cookies and spiked milk
- Local fruit Creme brûlée
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Salon TV with lots of movies on HD
- 3 Zone speaker system with bluetooth
- iPod/device docking station
- 12′ rigid inflatable boat w/25 hp engine
- 1x Floating dock 8’x10′ w/ waterslide (it’s a 3′ tall slide)
- 1x Floating dock: round doughnut shape- 10′ diameter, designed for lounging with mesh trampoline spanning the center, w/ 4 cupholders
- 3x Inflatable paddle boards
- 1x Towable flamingo, 2 person
- 1x Surf foil board (for intermediate to advanced riders, prior wakeboarding or surfing experience recommended)
- 1x Wing foil sail for use with paddle board or surf foil (5m Duotone)
- 1x 2 person ocean kayak (please advise prior to charter if this is desired, it is bulky and reduced deck storage area)
- 10x sets of snorkel, mask, fins: various sizes
- 2 x Small child life jackets
- 2 x Medium child life jackets
- 4 x Adult sport life jackets
Engines: 2 x Yanmar Diesels
Submit your review
We had a great time, thank you! The boat was clean and well equipped. The harbors were scenic and peaceful. The captain is an excellent captain and great presence on the boat. The chef is a really positive and friendly person and very helpful the entire trip. She kept the boat tidy and kept us all well fed!
Hope to sail again one day,
Neither the climate not the location makes the trip, it was the crew, and they were all primo! Three generations together for a fantastic adventure in the BVIs! On a boat! We had some rain and plenty of sun and a little bit of wind - altogether an interesting and fun mix that gave us a little bit of everything. The snorkeling was most excellent and included a face to face with one angry Barracuda. The food was exceptional – every last meal was pure perfection, and the chef is a culinary genius. I don’t think we knew what to expect, but the captain and crew made this week a magical and special vacation.From all of us – thank you. With love. Dear Milo, thank you for not catching us. The Fishes of the BVI.
After a week on a boat like this, the hardest part is saying goodbye. our big dream about sailing in the Caribbean with all our parents and kids came true. You made the week spectacular. Every minute of our time was infused with your loving care and endless effort to come up with the most brilliant itinerary to visit the most amazing spots. Chef, every dish you served was a master piece. Every drink had a special touch. Jos your artistic video and photos will be the best memory of this unforgettable week. We all want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
The trip was amazing! The boat is a really beautiful boat that is kept in pristine condition. We had a group of six and I think that was the perfect size for this boat. There was plenty of room to spread out. Awesome crew! The captain had the perfect balance between being a tour guide with suggestions for daily activities and also just sitting back and letting us do our own thing. The chef is an excellent cook and did an amazing job keeping the boat looking like a 5-star hotel. She also is a really great person to hang out with and I had a lot of fun getting to know her. She is a laid-back and fun friend on the boat and always hard at work with a smile and warm demeanor. I think the combination of this boat and crew is really special and would be great for a wide variety of groups from families with young children to people looking to party and older adults looking for relaxing vacation. I hope to spend time on the boat again soon.
** Epic Yacht Charters BVI provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.