United States Virgin Islands
47 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 8
4 Queen ensuite cabins
SPECIAL OFFER: SPECIAL OFFER: 10% off any charters conducted only in the USVI and started between November 1st to December 10th, 2022
This beautiful, award-winning luxury yacht is ideal for a large group.
BLACK TORTUGA has 4 queen ensuite cabins.
Check out this description from SAIL magazine, where it just won Best Boat of 2018: Approaching the Saona 47 from a distance, this emphasis on space is immediately apparent in the top deck, which measures nearly 100ft and is well equipped with sun lounges, not to mention a great view. Down a few steps is a large helm station with seating for two, and then down a few steps more you’ll find an immense afterdeck that flows into a wide cabin, a space that can entertain a dozen without any sense of crowding. Down again and you enter the boat’s private cabins, which are wider than those of many monohulls.
In typical Fountaine Pajot fashion, everything is bright, open, and contemporary, with neutral colors and clean-lined joinery that gives the boat the air of a fine urban apartment. The hulls are also fine below the waterline but then flare rapidly to chines, which minimizes wetted surface for performance while maximizing interior space. Similarly, the long waterline translates into good average speed, while a high sail-area-to-displacement ratio means there’s plenty of power to drive the boat through the water. In other words, like the other models from this builder, the Fountaine Pajot Saona 47 is not only comfortable but knows how to make tracks.
Note: The crew may be different than video.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN TROY & CHEF/MATE JODY
Captain Troy hails from Philadelphia but spent much of his time growing up on the waters off New Jersey. Troy discovered his love of the water at a very young age from his grandfather. As a Marine Biologist, he instilled a sense of wonder in Troy and encouraged him to become scuba certified at the age of 12. Sailing Hobie cats, diving, fishing, and water sports were his childhood passions. Troy has traveled and vacationed the islands he now calls home since he was a teenager. Troy loves his work as a captain because it incorporates all the things he enjoys by allowing him to sail, dive, make cocktails, help in the galley, and entertain his guests.
Chef Jody is a native Californian but has loved chartering in the islands for the last 17 years. She holds a US Coast Guard Masters License and is a PADI Scuba Instructor, as well as an accomplished charter chef. Her passion for beautiful food equals her passion for the ocean. Before moving to the islands, Jody was an educator for several zoos and aquariums on each coast. She fell in love with the Caribbean waters working as an Aquarist at Coral World Marine Park in St Thomas. Her knowledge of marine life gives her guests an experience they won’t forget! From the galley, her fresh bread, pastries, decadent desserts, and everything in between will present you with an array of goodies to tempt your taste buds. Her culinary style incorporates fresh local ingredients with culinary favorites for amazing meals that guests love. Her greatest pleasure is your smile of satisfaction!
- Breakfast is served with fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, cereal, coffee or tea, and juice of your choice. For the adventurous, Mimosas and Jody’s Famous Bloody Marys are available
- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes with real Maple Syrup or Jody’s Homemade Syrup served with Crispy Bacon
- Chef’s Choice Eggs Benedict with House Made Hollandaise Sauce (examples: Southwestern, Traditional, Seafood, Florentine)
- Ham, Havarti and Thyme Quiche with Toasted English Muffins and Homemade Jam
- Rise N’ Shine Breakfast Sandwiches on a large, flaky Croissant with your choice of fillings
- Large New York Style Bagels with Herbed Cream Cheese, Smoked Salmon, and Capers, served with Tomato and Onion slices
- Thick Sliced Praline Pecan French Toast garnished with Orange Zest and Confectioner’s Sugar
- Three Cheese Italian Baked Eggs with Grilled House Made French Bread
- Lunch is served with beer, wine, or a favorite drink of your choice. Fresh-made brownies or cookies are available for dessert.
- Margarita Chicken Salad with Tropical Fruit and a Margarita-style dressing served with a pitcher of Jody’s Margaritas
- Build-Your-Own Blackened Mahi Mahi Tacos with Pineapple Salsa, Kicked Up Rice and a Cool and Creamy Avocado Sauce with Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Loaded Beef or Chicken Taco Salad served in Handmade Tortilla Bowls with Chips, Salsa Roja and Guacamole
- Ahi Tuna Nicoise Salad served on Fresh Local Greens with Fingerling Potatoes and a House Made French Vinaigrette
- Blackened Jumbo Shrimp over a Greek Salad with Local Greens, served with fresh made Hummus and Pita Points
- The Great State of California Chicken Sandwiches served Mile High with Swiss Cheese, Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce and Tomato and a Creamy Mustard Sauce on Brioche Rolls, with House Made Slaw
- Served with wine, your favorite cocktail, or the special cocktail of the day
- Warm Spinach and Artichoke Dip served with Tortilla Chips and Herbed Crackers
- Tomato Bruchetta on Fresh French Bread Toasts with Mozzarella Cheese and Local Basil
- Local Conch Ceviche with Mango and Peppers served with Crudites and Lettuce Wraps
- Mediterranean Platter with Fresh Made Hummus, Tzatziki, Pita Toasts, Fresh Vegetables, and a Feta/Olive Spread
- Mini Lobster Cakes with a Creole Tartar Sauce
- Ahi Tuna Nachos with fresh Wonton Crisps, Wasabi Aioli, and a Seaweed Salad
- Baked Crab Stuffed Mushrooms with a drizzle of Warm Garlic Butter
- Marinated and Grilled Pork Tenderloin served with a Merlot Mushroom Sauce, Potato Au Gratin Timbales, and Sauteed Asparagus
- Jumbo Shrimp Scampi served over Angel Hair Pasta with Fresh Shaved Parmesan, served with Savory Herbed Beer Bread
- Crab, Parmesan, and Herb Crusted Grouper served with a Wild Rice Blend and Roasted Vegetable Medley
- Hand-Cut Filet Mignon grilled and drizzled with Demi-Glace served with Mushroom Risotto and Roasted Vegetables
- Cajun Spiced Red Snapper served over Zoodles in a Lemon Butter Sauce, and Seasoned Rice
- Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna Rotini smothered in Homemade Marina with shaved Parmesan and Fresh Basil
- Red Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs with Creamed Potatoes and Rosemary Brussel Sprouts
- Dessert is served with coffee, wine, or liqueur of your choice.
- Key Lime Pie Parfait with Lime Zest and Fresh Whipped Cream
- Sticky Toffee Pudding with Warm Toffee Sauce and Fresh Whipped Cream
- Poached Pears with a Vanilla Rum Sabayon garnished with Cinnamon Infused Chocolate “Leaves”
- Rich Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Whipped Cream and Shaved Chocolate
- Hot Grand Marnier Souffles with Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce, Melted Chocolate, and Fresh Whipped Cream
- Flourless Chocolate Torte served with Fresh Berries and Vanilla Ice Cream