United States Virgin Islands
67 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 10
1 King & 3 queen cabins, 1 twin cabin can convert to king
Scuba diving onboard
“Best Multihull over 57 feet ” in the BVI Boat Show. Nenne is very popular.
The finest cruising experience yet imagined, NENNE (a Swedish name which means strong and brave like a lion), elevates the enjoyment of a floating holiday to new heights. Accommodation for 10 guests, in 5 cabins which are all en-suite: 1 King, 3 Queens, 1 Twin. Upon request, the Twin can be configured to King. All have independently controlled AC, Sony, and Apple devices with access to onboard server film library with over 500 films and Bose HiFi music system. The very large primary cabin has a desk/dressing table and a comfortable couch.
The popular flybridge concept has been expanded on this yacht to a state nothing short of magnificence. It is accessed from the cockpit with stairs on both sides that are highly secure. For guests aboard who have come to relax, the seating area is incredibly comfortable with benches, side tables, a relaxing sofa, and the convenience of a refrigerator and sink. A large Bimini provides an area of escape from the sun for those who want some shade and there is integrated lighting for evening cocktails.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN TIM & STEW/MATE STEPHANY
I was born in Wisconsin and grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan. Summers were short, so I took full advantage of living on the water canoeing, kayaking, and learning to sail Hobie Cats on the local rivers and lakes. Upon graduating from high school, I attended Saint Louis University where I earned a Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology. I paid my way through college working as a phlebotomist and a lab technician.
Shortly after graduation, I was presented with an opportunity that changed the direction of my career. I left the medical field to run events for an experiential marketing company. I worked with Fortune 100 companies developing integrated marketing programs that cut through the competitive clutter.
Throughout the years I moved up the ranks, eventually managing offices on three different continents as the CEO of Relay Worldwide, a Publicis Groupe company. I helped build a full-service experiential and sponsorship agency focused on innovation and proprietary information management systems.
After 25 years in the corporate world, I happily adjusted my course. Now, as the new Captain of NENNE, I am privileged to do what I love most, cruising in the islands, with the one I love most, Steph, my wife and first mate of 18 years.
Over the last 6 years, we have traveled over 15000 NM miles together, including a fabulous trip from Panama to Tahiti, via the Galapagos and Tuamotu islands in the Pacific. We’ve also enjoyed sailing in the Mediterranean in Greece, Croatia, and Montenegro, as well as extensively in the beautiful islands of the Bahamas.
My childhood years were spent growing up on the shores of Brazil, the Canary Islands, and the US and UK. It was on the ocean and its beaches where I learned to swim, make new friends, learn new languages, and sail. Because of the diversity of my upbringing, I grew up loving different cultures, food, music, and experiences. I especially enjoy hosting people from all over the world, sharing knowledge, and exchanging stories. I am proficient in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and English.
Eventually, my family settled down in Texas, where I finished high school and attended college. After graduating with a Bachelor of Arts, I accepted the most awesome job at an event marketing company, designing and implementing promotions and traveling throughout the country. The job was demanding but allowed me to use both my operational and creative skills. It reignited my desire to travel and see the world even more. During this timeframe, I met my husband, Tim, who had the same desire for adventure!
Sailing throughout the Caribbean with Tim has afforded us the opportunity to explore slowly. We really take in our surroundings. Our favorite things to do onshore are to make new friends and experience the local culture. We sample regional cuisine at recommended restaurants and shop at local markets. We enjoy exploring the beaches, reefs, towns, and trails in order to share our knowledge with our guests aboard NENNE.
CHEF AND DIVE INSTRUCTOR ELLIE MAE BYAS:
Ellie Mae Byas has an infectious smile, a subtle sense of humor, and a lengthy list of impressive accomplishments. She was born and educated in Amsterdam, Netherlands, but is truly a citizen of the world. She is certified as a P.A.D.I Open-Water Scuba instructor. She has taught scuba at Club Meds, Robinson Clubs, in the Maldives, managed a dive center in Rovinj, Croatia, and owned a dive center in Mallorca. She has R.Y.A Certification Yachtmaster Offshore and has circumnavigated the globe in her own yacht, Bon Bini. With a little coaxing, guests aboard can persuade Ellie into recounting some amazing sea stories.
Ellie has been a charter yacht chef for more than a decade. Although she specializes in recipes with fresh seafood and local ingredients, having lived all over the world she has a sophisticated repertoire. Of course, her menu is based on guest preferences. So, whether the mood dictates a gourmet menu paired with fine wine or sandwiches with a hot cup of Grenada chocolate, guests are never disappointed. Even those on special diets.
Ellie’s hobbies are spearfishing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and sailing. She also had a small cottage industry smoking fish. Provided there’s time away from the galley, she welcomes guests to join her in any activities of interest. And she can explain things to almost everyone in a way they can understand, because she is fluent in English, Dutch, German and French and conversational Spanish.
- Classic Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon/ Canadian Bacon and Creamy Hollandaise Sauce
- Continental Breakfast with Charcuteries and Cheese
- Banana Waffles with Maple syrup, Fresh Berries, and Bacon Roses
- Three Cheese Frittata, with Herb-roasted Tomatoes
- New York Style Bagels with Smoked Salmon, Cream cheese, Capers and Red Onions
- Cinnamon and Maple Syrup French Toast served with Parma Ham
- Spinach, Leek and Mushroom Quiche
- All served with Coffee, Teas, Fruit Juice, Cereal, Fresh Local fruits, Yoghurts and an assortment of Bagels and Bread
- Mojito-Lime Grilled Shrimp served with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, Spinach and Feta Pasta Salad with Creamy Basil Pesto Dressing
- Thai Tuna Salad with Soy and Honey Dressing served with Warm Baguette
- Pineapple and Ginger Braised Ribs, Creamy Coleslaw and Chickpea Salad
- Grilled Chilli Lime Chicken Fajita Salad with Soft Burritos
- Crab Cake Stacks, Marinated Mushroom, Courgette and Spinach Salad
- Local Fish Taco Salad with Guacamole, Sour Cream and Jalapenos
- Grilled Chicken with Pineapple and Mango Salsa, Potato wedges and a Green Salad
- Local and Imported Cheese Platter with Red Onion Marmalade
- Black and Green Olive Tapenade served on Crostinis
- Creamy Spinach Pastry Wheels
- Smoked Local Fish Dip with an Assortment of Crackers
- Jalapeño Poppers with Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip with Tortilla Wedges
- Mini Quesadillas with Guacamole and Salsa
- Ginger Sesame Salmon, Rice Noodles and Sautéed Seasonal Vegetables
- Grilled Spiny Lobster Tail with Garlic Lemon Butter, Ginger Lime Butternut and a Green Salad
- Orange Brandy Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Balsamic New Potatoes, Walnut, Cranberry and Spinach Salad
- Grilled Marinated Steak with a Mushroom Sauce, Sweet Potatoes, Avocado and Orange Salad
- Rosemary Marinated Rack of Lamb with Herb Butter, Basil Gnocchi, Sautéed Asparagus
- Tray-baked Chicken with Tomatoes on the Vine, Sweet Potato Mash and a Seasonal Salad
- Honey and Mustard Grilled Mahi-Mahi, Lemon Basmati Rice, Aubergine and Lentil Salad with Goat’s Cheese and a Balsamic Reduction
- Balsamic Marinated Berries with Homemade Meringues and Cream
- Cappuccino Cheese Cake with Chocolate Sauce
- Caramelised Pineapple Tarts with Homemade Coconut Ice Cream
- Local Lime Pie with Fresh Whipped Cream
- Passionfruit Mousse with Chocolate Sauce
- Poached Pears with an Amaretto Sabayon Sauce
- Roasted Banana Pudding with Meringue
- All served with Local Coffees and Fine Liqueurs