British Virgin Islands
62 ft Sailing Catamaran
Accommodates up to 10
5 Queen ensuite cabins
SCUBA diving onboard
NOMADA has experienced a professional refit, ready for 10 guests.
NOMADA is a luxurious lagoon 620 that can host up to 10 guests. Nomada was built in 2014. She has just come out of an extensive interior and exterior refit making her one of the most beautiful 620s of her class including Waterworks fixtures, La Maison Pierre Frey upholstery, Matouk linens, and JANUS et Cie furnishings.
Nomada is equipped with some amazing fetches, for example, an outdoor rain shower system, a big tender with 90 horsepower on the back with an extended tender platform, 2 sea bobs, guest iPads with movies, and 3 highly qualified crew ready at your service.
Hi Guys! I’m Captain Thomas. Everyone calls me Tommo. I was born and raised along the beautiful East coast of South Africa. The ocean has really been a place where I have found the best in myself. I’ve surfed my whole life and competed in Skim boarding, eventually being introduced to sailing through my uncle. I then got my captain’s ticket after high school and traveled 2/3rds around the world on a 70ft schooner with 8 crew, 5 of which were from PNG! Thoroughly bitten by the sailing bug, I then moved onto a catamaran helping as a 3rd to run 10 pax dive charters for a company called Trade Winds for a year.
My proven ability gave me the opportunity to become the captain running charter yachts. Looking for new challenges I moved over to bigger motor yachts and big sailing yachts as Mate and Bosun chartering all over the Caribbean. I’ve always had a huge passion to meet new people and experience the best of what the world has to offer. My team and I look forward to meeting you and showing you the best charter, we have to offer.
I am a real small-town girl with big girl dreams. Growing up in one of South Africa’s smaller towns, entertainment was limited and opportunities few. However, for an inquisitive and imaginative young mind, possibilities abounded. Seaside holidays especially, fed my imagination and settled my soul. A deep affinity for the ocean developed – it’s a feeling of coming home, the sheer vastness humbles me, along with a peacefulness that cannot be reproduced elsewhere.
As a child baking was my introduction to the galley. Later, as a student, I practiced my cooking skills on my, sometimes unsuspecting, friends. I have always been fascinated and intrigued by food; the flavor profiles, presentation, and the sheer sensory experience of a dish. When I realized that nothing was holding me back, I took the leap of faith and decided to live my dream to be a Chef on a yacht in the Caribbean.
As a chef, I have found that I’m unafraid and adaptable to trying various cuisines. My charter experience has enhanced my ability in cooking for many types of eating preferences. I am also lucky to be able to continue to learn and try new things every chance I get. I’m an industry professional with qualifications such as a Super Yacht Culinary Course, Health and Safety Certificate, and my Divemaster qualification.
My zest for life and spirit of adventure – both in and out the galley – keeps me motivated and propels me towards the luxurious world of charters, cruises, and maritime cuisine.
Ford spent the first 10 years of his childhood living in Bermuda, where he found his passion for sailing, water sports, and fishing at an early age. He then moved to Houston where he continued sailing in regattas in Galveston Bay. He also competed in various fishing tournaments inshore and offshore where he has homed in his fishing abilities. Ford went to Louisiana State University upon completing high school, where he studied and received a Business Management degree. After college, Ford decided to follow his true passion and joined the yachting industry.
He has logged over 10,000 nautical miles throughout his career working on various Motor Yachts in the Mediterranean and Caribbean. Ford takes great pride in his Texas Barbeque and Tex-Mex cooking skills and would be thrilled to serve the guests traditional Texas-style meals. Ford will make certain that every holiday spent aboard Nomada is nothing less than perfect.
All breakfast will include cereals, toast, bagels, yogurt, and tea & coffee in addition to one or two of the below options.
- Eggs Benedict – A crispy rosti, mushrooms, and a poached egg topped with Parma ham. Finished off with a classic hollandaise sauce
- French Toast or Fluffy Pancakes – Topped with seasonal fruit/s from the Caribbean
- Fruit Platter – A wonderful spread of seasonal fruit/s from the Caribbean
- Cheese and Meat Board – A variety of cheeses and cold meats
- Oven Baked Omelet – An eggs base filling with wonderful ingredients such as baby tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, ham/bacon/pork sausages
- Turkish Eggs – Perfectly poached eggs served over a delicious garlicky yogurt and finished with warm spicy oil
- Portholes – Ham and egg cups, filled with cheese, topped with tomatoes and herbs, and baked to perfection
- Additional considerations: Scones, pastries, and oat muffins
- Seared Wahoo with Mango Salsa – Wahoo fillet served on a bed of basmati rice, and quinoa and topped with fresh mango salsa
- Gourmet Burger – A freshly made burger bun, patty, caramelized onions, brie cheese, and a side of fries
- Fish Finger Sandwich – A freshly made ciabatta roll, crispy coated fish, mixed leafy greens, tartare sauce, and a side of fries
- Seared Tuna & Nisoice Salad with Fresh Bread – Fresh tuna steak grilled on barbeque and served with leafy greens, green beans, potatoes, and a garlic dressing
- Chicken Ramen – Chicken, Spring onions, eggs, Sesame Seeds, radish, shiitake mushrooms, and Ramen noodles in a spicy chicken broth
- Mango Caribbean Poke Bowl – Salmon, sushi rice, red cabbage, edamame beans, pickled red onion, beans, and nuts
- Spicy Chicken salad – Pineapple chicken, corn, and marinaded pineapple rings served on leafy greens
- Fresh bread options: Beer bread, Pane Bianco, Baguettes, and Challa
- Served with some leafy greens, avocado (seasonal), and Melba toast
- Cauliflower Soup with Brown Butter and Cheesy Toast – A wonderful creamy soup topped with crispy sage
- Tomato and Roasted Peppers Soup – Served with a sprinkle of feta and bread sticks wrapped with Prosciutto
- Roasted Butternut and Feta Salad – Served with a citrus vinaigrette on a bead of rocket
- Mussels with Wild Garlic ToastCooked in a clear white wine sauce
- Cucumber smoked salmon, and avo stacks – A simple, refreshing, and zesty stack of flavor
- Pickled Calamari Salad – Served on lettuce accompanied by toasted bruschetta
- Beetroot and Goats Cheese Salad – Served on a bed of baby spinach
Red Snapper – Asian snapper with sweet chili and lemongrass on a bed of Asian noodles
Spicy Mahi-Mahi – Served with coconut rice and goat’s cheese and spinach salad
Lobster Thermador – Golden Caribbean lobster drizzled with a rich sauce, sprinkled with Parmesan. Served with rice and green beans
Mushroom Risotto – Creamy Italian rice cooked with a variety of mushrooms
Shrimp Linguine – A zesty, chili linguine served with a leafy green side salad
Peppercorn Sirloin Steak – Served with baby potatoes and a side salad
Crumbed Pork Chops – Served with mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, and a cheesy sauce
Chicken Skewers with Espagnole Sauce – Served with potato and broccoli
Milk Tart – A South African dessert originally created by the Dutch settlers in the “Cape” consisting of a sweet pastry crust containing a custard filling
Victoria Sponge Cake – A light fluffy sponge cake filled with cream and jam
Fruity Brulee Tart – The classic with a fruity twist
Pannacotta – Berry pannacotta, lemon fudge, liquorice gel and liquorice crunch
Key Lime Pie – A light and creamy key lime mousse in a cracker crust garnished with whipped cream
Apple, Pear Crisp – A deconstructed crumble served with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream
Tiramisu – Layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers and sweet, creamy mascarpone
Sticky Chocolate Heaven – Chocolate brownie, coated with chocolate ganache and dusted with cocoa powder
Poached Pears – Cinnamon, red wine poached pear served on a bed of crushed pistachios