Are You Ready to Start Your Journey?
I am happy to assist you in your search. Please call or email me.
Michelle Heyns+1 (954) 543-1270
Make an inquiry
Print this page
Please click to. This might take up to 20 seconds.
Please click to. This might take up to 20 seconds.
SHANGRI LA is a 52 ft Lagoon sailing catamaran in the Virgin Islands
6 Guests are accommodated in 3 ensuite queen cabins. **Inquire for 8 guests, please. The most popular feature on the yacht is the flybridge aboard SHANGRI LA. Guests can enjoy brilliant 360° views from this luxury seating area. There are ample deck space and a forward seating area. The cockpit allows guests to enjoy al fresco dining or relaxing in the shade and cool breeze. The interior of the yacht is spacious and welcoming. Each cabin allows lots of natural light in and has individual en-suite bathrooms. Guests will enjoy an unbelievable vacation and amazing cuisine onboard the catamaran SHANGRI LA.
Take a Walkthrough tour!
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$24,000||$24,500||$25,000||$25,500||$26,000|
|Winter 2022 to 2023||$24,000||$24,500||$25,000||$25,500||$26,000|
Please note that Holiday rates are subject to change.
Christmas week: $31,000
New Year week: $34,000
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner, and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine, and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- If the charter area includes the BVI; cruising permits, national parks fees, fishing permits, taxes, and port fees are not included.
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping, or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN KEITH & CHEF/MATE AMANDA
Captain Keith grew up boating, fishing, and waterskiing on the lakes in South Dakota and Minnesota. He was bitten by the sailing bug as a teenager; he first sailed a Sunfish14 and a Hobie Cat 16 on Big Stone Lake in South Dakota of all places! He is an accomplished freshwater and saltwater angler. As a youth, he marveled at the adventures of Jacques Cousteau and “Calypso” and dreamed of becoming a scuba diver. Now he shares his love of diving by leading tours as PADI Divemaster.
In 1998 he joined friends on a bareboat charter in the BVI and discovered his “sailor within”! His passion for sailing led him to dream of owning his own yacht. In 2002, he put a picture of a 43’ Jeanneau Decks Salon on his refrigerator – 18 months later, he bought “Daddy’s Girl” – a sister ship of the one depicted on his fridge! In 2005, he earned his USCG Captain’s license and began delivering yachts along the Atlantic coast and between the US and the Caribbean, gathering over 50,000 bluewater miles. Keith has had the pleasure of skippering luxury yacht charters in the Chesapeake Bay and the Caribbean. Keith enjoys helping others discover their own “sailor within” and hone their skills. Keith is entering his third year as a luxury term charter yacht captain with Paradise Yacht Management in the Virgin Islands.
Keith also has a hospitality background; he loves grilling and bartending. He takes great pride in delivering an exceptional experience to guests. He is an accomplished amateur sous chef, mixologist, and oenophile.
Hailing from Virginia Beach, VA, Amanda was born and raised by the sea, and introduced to the water at an early age at her grandparent’s lake house and also sailing the Chesapeake on her uncle’s sloop. This inspired her to take to a life on the sea after college brought her to Florida. She has spent the last three years working on sailing catamarans, which have taken her across the Atlantic, up the east coast, and all around the Caribbean. All the while she developed her love of cooking and refined her culinary knowledge at the Ashburton Chef’s Academy in Devon, England.
She is passionate about healthful and delicious meals, trying to source only the best ingredients from local and organic sources. Her creative flair is always present working with what is available to provide comforting, wholesome, and satisfying fare with island infusions, and exciting flavors from different parts of the world. With knowledge of vegan and raw food traditions, stepping out of the box is easy for her to do. Although catering traditional meals in a nutritious and delicious way is what she enjoys best!
As a PADI Rescue Diver, and watersports enthusiast, Amanda loves to encourage her guests in the water be it snorkeling, paddleboarding, wakeboarding, kayaking, surfing, or kiteboarding! Her kind and gentle demeanor make it easy for her to understand what guests need and want to make their vacation exemplary, all while they relax onboard in between unforgettable meals, sunsets, and their favorite sundowners! Keep Calm and Sail On!
- A mix of Hot Breakfasts & Continental Style Including:
- Spinach and Feta Frittata with Bacon & Sausages
- Fresh Smoothie Bowls with Toasted Granola
- Coconut French Toast with Sausages & Scrambled Eggs
- Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon, Arugula, Avocado & Grapefruit Hollandaise
- Baked Omelette with Ham, Goat’s Cheese, Tomatoes, Mushrooms & Peppers
- Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies with Continental Breakfast
- Fresh Tropical Fruit Platter & Homemade Blueberry Scones
- BBQ Grilled Shrimp over Caribbean Salad with Pineapple Dressing
- Asian Sesame Seared Tuna with Ginger Slaw & Forbidden Rice
- Smoked Salmon Fishcakes with Mediterranean Salad
- Roasted Steak & Vegetable Skewers atop Greek Salad
- Pea and Mint Risotto with Grilled Chicken
- Baja Mahi Tacos with Pickled Cabbage and Chipotle Crema
- Sundried Tomato Mozzarella Balls
- Roasted Beet Arugula and Goat cheese crostini with drizzled honey
- Creamy Curried Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Zesty White Fish Ceviche
- Melon, Prosciutto & Rocket Salad with Mint Basil Vinaigrette
- Baked Brie with Carmelized Onions & Pepper Jelly
- Thai Coconut Shrimp Curry over Aromatic Rice
- Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Pineapple Mango Salsa & Roasted Veggies
- Best Rack of Lamb with Ratatouille and Dauphinoise Potatoes
- Cashew Coconut Crusted Sea Bass with Parsnip Puree and Roasted Swiss chard
- Creamy White Chicken and Spinach Lasagna with Garden Salad
- Parmesan and Herb Crusted Grouper with Sweet Potato Mash and Squash
- Filet Mignon with Peppercorn Sauce, Asparagus and Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
- Citrus Honey Glazed Salmon with Pan Seared Kale and Orange Carrots
- Pan-Roasted Duck with a Port Brandy sauce and Dijon Brussel Sprouts
- Raspberry Mousse in Chocolate Teardrop
- Homemade Coconut Sorbet topped with Cacao Nibs
- Key Lime Pie with Raspberry Coulis
- Red Wine Poached Pears with Chocolate Sauce
- Amaretto, Baileys, & Frangelico Tiramisu dusted with Cacao
- Caribbean Rum Fudge Pie
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Brownie Sundae with Vanilla Ice Cream and Cherrie
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and showers
- Watermaker and generator
- Free wifi up to 3GB
- Saloon TV with videos from hard drive
- i/Device docking station
- Books and games
- Cockpit icemaker
- 14’ rigid inflatable boat w/50 hp
- Wakeboard & tube
- Beach games: bocce ball, football, frisbee
- Fishing gear
- Snorkel gear
- 2 Stand up paddleboards & can be used as kayaks
- Floating “couch” & pool bar
- Floating mats
- Model: Lagoon 52 Sailing Catamaran
- YEAR: 2016
- LOA: 52’
- Beam: 28,8’’
- Draft” 5’
- Engines: 2x80hp
Submit your review
We are wrapping up a wonderful journey, sailing with you and the warm and hospitable
Caribbean Sea. Our Captain has been blessed with good winds, our chef has seduced us with
her culinary musings. Our paths crossed for a few days, full of generosity, thoughtful attention, and care.Thank you again for the time shared and a time of gifts. God’s speed on your next journey - the truth and joy of life is in it. The journey, not the destination.
Wow! What an amazing trip we had aboard Shangri La! My wife Carolyn semi-surprised
me with this adventure on my 60th birthday with our three boys John, Chris, and Sam. We
sailed, explored the islands, swam, snorkeled, sub-winged but mostly we ate and were treated like Kings and Queens! Never before have we been spoiled like this. The chef’s cooking was to die for. Every meal and every detail was not only delicious, but it was presented with grace and style. Plus, a warm and friendly smile! Captain’s hospitality, local knowledge, and expert seamanship was exceptional. The boat was kept spotless and ran like a top. And the mixology skills weren’t too shabby either. Both crew kept us hydrated to say the least. Thank you both for a wonderful vacation. We had a few days away that we will never forget and I’m sure we’ll be back again to visit this little piece of paradise. Smooth sailing on your future adventures and I truly hope our paths cross again.
We have enjoyed our 9 days with you both on Shangri La. It was a memorable holiday for us
and you both were most pleasant, attentive and kind to us all. Thank you for that. Till we see you again.