Are You Ready to Start Your Journey?
I am happy to assist you in your search. Please call or email me.
Michelle Heyns+1 (954) 543-1270
Make an inquiry
Print this page
Please click to
This might take up to 20 seconds.
Please click to
This might take up to 20 seconds.
United States Virgin Islands
48 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 6
3 Queen ensuite cabins
Great for families
VICARIOUS is a 48 ft Leopard sailing catamaran ideal for a family or small group charter vacation in the US Virgin Islands.
Aboard VICARIOUS, three queen guest cabins all have private ensuite bathrooms, dry shower stalls, and vanities. Each cabin is fully air-conditioned for clients’ comfort. Great views from the upper deck.
Forward cockpit accessible thru glass doors in Salon offering flow-through ventilation and a beautiful breeze. Aft cockpit for dining and lounging and trampoline area for lounging. Lots of water toys will keep everyone busy in a calm anchorage.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN AUSTEN & CHEF/MATE PHILOMINA
Growing up on Long Island, New York, Austen was a shoe in-for the sailing life. At the age of eight, he would sail across Northport Bay to visit the town’s general store as he was too young to drive. At the age of ten, he became involved with competitive sailboat racing and soon became an Optimist class national champion. Since then, he has gone on to many other classes of sailboats and filled skipper, crew and coaching roles. After graduating from Hobart William Smith College, where he captained the sailing team, he decided to work and live in the Virgin Islands for a year. There he learned the ins and outs of island life — as well as the best sailing, mooring and dining options. After a year learning the charter trade, he moved back to New York to work in his family’s tool manufacturing business. While running the company’s operations, he spent any extra time he had, including vacation days, professionally racing Etchells sailboats in all parts of the world. But his days in the Virgin Islands would stay with him, and the pristine beaches and eclectic life on the islands would always find a way back into his daydreams. Little did he expect, in 2018 the family would decide to move its business to Florida where he would meet Philomena, a happy go lucky water woman who also had dreams of island life.
Philomena grew up in West Palm Beach, Florida, where she spent her weekends cooking, snorkeling and learning to free dive with her father. At age seven, she was diving in the Bahamas for sunken airplane wrecks as deep as 60 feet. Eventually, she learned to surf overhead waves and became obsessed with being an all-around water woman. While in high school she became interested in photography and spent a good portion of four years in the dark room. She followed this with a semester working in a California color dark room, an education at Daytona State and internships with four very different photographers. During this time, she also became interested in where her food came from and arranged to spend her summers doing a work internship on a small organic farm in Colorado. As she became a passionate foodie, she experimented with all kinds of diets — from grass fed elk to raw vegan cuisine, she grew it, cooked it, photographed it, served it and lived it. In 2018 she moved to New Smyrna Beach to continue surfing and diving while also climbing the ladder from food prep cook to bartender. She also became a full time wedding and event photographer. Austen had tried asking her out one night while she was bartending, but was turned down — little did she know, almost a year later they would become a couple. Not only would Austen help convince her to go back to school for a culinary arts degree, but they would also agree to a life on the water showing guests the beauties of the ocean and food.
Today, Austen and Philomena run the Charter Vicarious business together. Whether you want complete silence or an outgoing adventurous island experience, these two are your crew!
- All breakfasts served with coffee, tea and juice
- Toasted super power chia bread – Avocado spread, poached egg and hollandaise sauce garnished with onion and sprouts
- Islander quiche
- Snorkel all day smoothie bowl – Almond milk, frozen avocado, frozen banana, chia seeds, hemp hearts, vegan protein powder, almond butter, medjool dates, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and granola.
- Norwegian pancakes with berry jam, butter, and warm maple syrup
- Overnight oats chia pudding parfait
- Eggs of your choice served with sausage or avocado and breakfast hash
- Philly’s Breakfast Sandwich – Homemade croissant, pepper jelly, jarlsberg, avocado spread, thin sliced onion and sprouts
- Spicy BBQ Chickpea Burgers & Lightened-Up Crispy Baked Fries
- Grilled Chicken, kale and mint wrap with cashew vinaigrette
- Grilled Shrimp Kebabs with a tahini drizzle with lemon hummus and chips
- Chicken and cabbage dim sum
- Summer Glow Buddha Bowl with house vinaigrette
- Chicken Gyro wrap
- Chicken Fajitas
- Served with assorted side dishes
- (shredded lettuce, fried onion/green/yellow/red peppers, grated cheese, salsa, sour cream)
- Homemade Burgers served with coleslaw salad and chips
- Garlic & Cream Cheese stuffed mushrooms
- Warm Goats Cheese & Sun Dried Tomato Tartlets
- Endive Salad with Brie & Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Caprese salad
- Coconut Chicken Bites
- Mexican-Spiced Steaks with Cilantro Chimichurri and chayote squash salad walnut-crusted scallops with butternut squash puree
- Greek Lemon Oregano Potato soup with Greek style baked chicken
- Blueberry filet mignon with cauliflower mash
- Crispy skinned Market Fish with parsnip puree
- Perfect Whole thirty meatballs over spaghetti squash served with homemade bread
- Asian Ground Beef Lettuce wraps with Miso Soup
- German chocolate brownies with Ice cream
- Vegan Salted Peanut Butter Crunch Torte with coconut whip cream
- Chocolate covered mini cheese cakes
- Phily’s avocado chocolate mousse with whip
- Lime tartlet
- Peanut Butter cookies and spiked milk
- Local fruit Creme brûlée