80 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 10
1 King & 4 Queen ensuite cabins
Great for large groups
AD ASTRA is a Fountaine-Pajot 80ft sailing catamaran offering crewed yacht charters in the Greek Isles.
AD ASTRA is the new flagship from the renowned shipbuilder Fountaine Pajot. This sailing super yacht is of exceptional luxury and space, executing the perfect balance between comfort and distinction. The yacht has a beach club. Down an elegant flight of steps, you reach a platform that stands just above the waterline – ideal for swimmers. This can turn the whole aft area into a huge area for swimmers and sunbathers, or serve as a launch pad for divers and watersports. The aft cockpit offers an incredible entertaining space with multiple sunbeds and a very large dining table. The large forward cockpit has its own bar and a vast sunbed in order to balance the aft relaxation area Under the sunbed is a Jacuzzi. A perfect area to enjoy, relax, and take in the sun. Accommodations are for 10 in one primary king cabin and four queen-bed cabins all with private facilities
The flybridge takes on the mantle of an extra deck, the real story is the elegant wrap-around sofa which provides a really convivial spot for a big group of friends, or the whole family. The flybridges are fully equipped with a full wet bar, as well as a plancha grill. A large 3m-long balcony folds down out of the bulwarks on each side of the cockpit, creating an entirely new dimension to the relaxation options here. While the balcony invites you to dive into the sea alongside, it also creates the opportunity for a sofa, built into the cockpit coaming. In effect, it adds two ‘side cockpits’ to the main cockpit. Deep sofas to starboard and free-standing seating to port with cocktail tables both enjoy fantastic views of the sea through the wrap-around windows.
All photos are artist renderings.
*For Rates, see the PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
Cheerful, responsible, and professional!
These are some of the skills endorsed by AD ASTRA 80 guests for Captain George. The experienced captain was born in Cyprus in 1970 and has had Athens as his permanent residence since 1990. He began sailing in 1993 until he decided to make his love for yachts and tourism part of his career and life in 2001. He studied Shipping, Travel & Tourism. His naval education includes the MCA/RYA Offshore Yacht Master, National Sailing Offshore Diploma, and Greek Coastguard powerboat certification.
His experience as captain of several luxury sailing and motor yachts in Greece and the South Mediterranean has given him the opportunity and pleasure to sail to the most amazing and secluded spots in the Greek seas! As a captain, he maintains a professional and friendly attitude, making all guests feel welcome and ensuring they have the sailing holiday of a lifetime. For Captain George and his crew, providing high-quality hospitality to their guests is their top priority daily.
His experience as captain of several luxury sailing and motor yachts in Greece and the South Mediterranean has given him the opportunity and pleasure to sail to the most amazing and secluded spots on the Greek seas! As a captain, he maintains a professional and friendly attitude, making all guests feel welcome and ensuring they have the sailing holiday of a lifetime. For Captain George and his crew, providing high-quality hospitality to their guests is their top priority daily.
Chef Stathis brings a wealth of culinary expertise to the crew of Ad Astra. With experience as a Head Chef at the prestigious 5-star Hotel Grand Resort Lagonisi and as a Sous Chef at Michelin-starred establishments such as Hytra in Athens and Adrian Quetglas in Palma, he has honed his skills to perfection! Additionally, his experience as a Private Chef on both motor and sailing yachts has equipped him with adaptability and creativity in varied culinary environments. Having spent three seasons at the esteemed 5-star hotel Costa Navarino, Chef Stathis understands the high standards expected in luxury hospitality.
Beyond his culinary prowess, he possesses a deep knowledge of wines. He is friendly, well-organized in his kitchen and a great team player! Fluent in both Greek and English, he ensures seamless communication with the crew and guests alike, enriching their stay and overall sailing experience aboard Ad Astra!
Introducing Loukas, a dynamic 29-year-old deckhand set to embark on his journey on Ad Astra 80 this year. Born in 1994, Loukas swiftly transitioned from a base technician/manager role to become a deckhand for day cruises during 2023. His adaptability and eagerness to learn propelled him into various sea-related tasks, including yacht transfers from France to Greece. Despite his relatively recent entry into sailing, Loukas’s profound love for the ocean drives his dedication and reliability in all circumstances.
Loukas’s array of interests, spanning winter skiing, boxing, running, swimming, and reading, mirrors his vibrant and enthusiastic character. Armed with outstanding communication skills and an unwaveringly motivated demeanor, Loukas exudes a sense of serenity and composure when faced with the challenges of navigating the open waters. His multifaceted talents and team spirit, make him an indispensable addition to the Ad Astra team.
The fine points
- The charter rate shown includes the use of the charter yacht, professional crew, and onboard equipment
- Water Sports gear and activities
- Air Conditioning
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- All other daily expenses will be covered with an Advanced Provisioning Allowance (APA). This is typically 20%-40% of the charter fee, which can vary according to the yacht type, itinerary, and possible charter requests and requirements. The APA payment is collected with the final balance
- APA expenses include fuel for both the yacht and tender, provisions, marina fees, moorings, airport transfers, cruising permits, canal fees, scuba diving, onshore excursions, electronic communications, and local taxes
- Your yacht will be fully fuelled and provisioned, according to your preferences, when you step onboard. The Captain will keep all receipts, along with a running log of expenses, which can be viewed at any time during your charter
- Any APA that has not been spent will be returned to you at the end of the charter. If expenses exceed the APA during your charter, additional funds will need to be submitted. Your captain will update and advise you if any further payment is required. This will need to be paid before you disembark
- Crew Gratuity is separate and is typically 10%-15% of the charter rate. This should be given to your captain at the end of your charter
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms
- Heated deck showers
- WiFi internet access
- Salon TV
- Bluetooth speakers
- Cockpit and flybridge speakers
- Cockpit icemaker
- Filtration System for Purified Water (mineral & sparkling water)
- Washing machine/dryer (light laundry)
- Bathrobes for each guest
- Hairdryer (5)
- Iron (1)
- Ribco Venon 34 with 2 Yamaha engines 300HP
- 2 Person Jet ski
- Wakeboard (1)
- Water ski adults (1)
- Monoski adults (1)
- Inflatable couch 3 seated (1)
- Fishing gear (1)
- Snorkeling gear (10)
- SeaBob (2)
- Kayak (2)
- Paddleboard (2)
- Inflatable donut (2)
- Life jackets (adults & kids)
- Model: Fountaine-Pajot
- Year: 2024
- LOA: 80′
- Beam: 36.4′
- Draft: 7′
- Engines: 2 X Cummins 425 HP
- Flag: TBA
Submit your review
Epic Yacht Charters
Average rating: 1 reviews
June 2023 Charter Guests
Jun 2, 2023
Trip Was Unforgettable
Thank you so much for making our trip unforgettable. The memories made with my Dad will be treasured. It is because of your attention to detail, charming personalities and passion to the love of sailing. We enjoyed getting to know you!
Ready to Dive In?
Epic Yacht Charters provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.