55 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 10
4 Queen + 1 Twin ensuite cabins
Great for families
25% Discount on official rates for the remaining 2023 season.
HYDRUS is a 55 ft Lagoon sailing catamaran with luxury accommodations for 10 guests.
From Ancient Greek Mythology and myths in Astronomy to the numerical values of ‘5’ in Pythagorean Numerology and ‘3’ in Chaldean Numerology, it is no coincidence that this 2023 Lagoon 55 has been aptly named ‘Hydrus’ after the Greek Primordial God of Fresh Water. The comforts of Lagoon 55 may have easily resembled a much larger Lagoon with all the privileges and pleasures it has to offer. Hydrus has ‘5’ very spacious cabins consisting of 4 queen en-suite cabins and 1 twin en-suite cabin which converts to a double if required. All cabins are airy and have a flow of indulgence, with mood lighting and a color palette that soothes yet stimulates your senses. This flow carries through to all other interior and exterior spaces.
HYDRUS’ features include upper and lower deck bar area and dining areas, upper and lower deck sunbathing and socializing areas, a fully decked galley with all contemporary amenities, and a superbly serene as well as a spacious living room area. Last but not least, the fierce HYDRUS has a crew of ‘3’, ready and able to assist and support your needs and wishes while sailing toward your ultimate vacation experience. Gliding, floating, drifting… your quest to explore the Greek islands awaits you from the moment you step aboard this streamlined and efficient beauty.
*For Rates, see the PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please inquire!
Captain Alexandros was born in 1982 and lives in Volos, Thessalia, in Central Greece. He is a graduate of the ATEI Department of Optics-Optometry and IEK Department of Organization and Business Administration. His sailing experience began in 1991 with participation in Optimist and Laser Class races. After many distinctions, in 1998 he started competing in the Offshore category and in 1999 he and his team won the Aegean Rally. At the same time, as a Skipper, he was carrying out boat transfers and newly built yacht deliveries to Greece, crossing the Atlantic Ocean from the Caribbean and the Mediterranean Sea from Northern France and Croatia. In 2000 he began his career as a Captain on various sailing and motor commercial yachts in the Aegean and the Ionian. In 2005 he started teaching Skipper’s license courses as an instructor in the nautical clubs of Volos d Skiathos and as an examiner for the sailing license in a corresponding school. From 2007 to 2019, he had been shareholder and administrator in some yachting companies, gaining extensive experience in crew management, customer service, and emergency response. As a personality, he is very friendly, communicative, and loves children. He is a nonsmoker and enjoys spearfishing. He speaks Greek and English.
Charalambos, known as Babis, was born in 1983 in Athens, Greece. After graduating from the 1st Technical School of Piraeus, he went on to study the culinary arts at Chef D’ Oeuvre and graduated in 2008. In 2009, while working at Restaurant Vardis at the Pentelikon Hotel as the Cold Cuisine Chef under Asterios Koustoudis, they earned their Gold Cap Greek Cuisine and Michelin Star. After years of experience as a Chef, he joined the yachting profession as Sous Chef onboard the world-famous Maltese Falcon.
Babis is excited to spoil guests on HYDRUS by creating incredible memories through exceptional dishes. His specialty of fresh Mediterranean cuisine combined with local products is ideal for chartering. When he is not in the kitchen, he enjoys the cinema, swimming, excursions, music, and many sports.
Languages: Greek, English (fluent)
Judit is from Hungary and studied Art and Art history. She spent the early part of her career as a primary school teacher in Budapest and then went on to study beauty therapy and yoga in search of a healthier lifestyle, philosophy, and practice (which Yoga embodies). She spent the last few years in Malta honing her skills as a yoga instructor which she has practiced for over 15 years.
In the background, she also had a passion for the sea having been raised by a family who sailed. In 2018 her love for the sea called out to her and she switched careers and worked for P&O Cruises. Last year she started her career in yachting as a hostess and we are glad to have her in the HYDRUS team this year. Her varied life experiences have created a much-loved and invaluable crew member.
Languages: Hungarian, English (fluent), German (basic)
The fine points
|Season||Start Date||End Date||Price||Expenses||VAT|
- The charter rate shown includes the use of the charter yacht, professional crew, and onboard equipment
- Water Sports gear and activities
- Air Conditioning
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- All other daily expenses will be covered with an Advanced Provisioning Allowance (APA). This is typically 20%-40% of the charter fee, which can vary according to the yacht type, itinerary, and possible charter requests and requirements. The APA payment is collected with the final balance
- APA expenses include fuel for both the yacht and tender, provisions, marina fees, moorings, airport transfers, cruising permits, canal fees, scuba diving, onshore excursions, electronic communications, and local taxes
- Your yacht will be fully fuelled and provisioned, according to your preferences, when you step onboard. The Captain will keep all receipts, along with a running log of expenses, which can be viewed at any time during your charter
- Any APA that has not been spent will be returned to you at the end of the charter. If expenses exceed the APA during your charter, additional funds will need to be submitted. Your captain will update and advise you if any further payment is required. This will need to be paid before you disembark
- Crew Gratuity is separate and is typically 10%-15% of the charter rate. This should be given to your captain at the end of your charter
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
- Air conditioning and fans
- Watermaker and generators
- TV in the salon
- WiFi internet access
- Surround System
- RIB with 60hp engine
- Sea bob (2)
- Wakeboard (1)
- Water ski adults (2)
- Inflatable Tube (2)
- 2-Person Kayak (2)
- Stand-Up Paddleboard (2)
- Snorkeling gear
- Fishing gear
- Hydraulic bathing platform
- Model: Lagoon Catamaran
- Year: 2023
- LOA: 55′
- Beam: 20′
- Draft: 5′
- Engines: 2 x 115 HP (Nanni N4-115)
- Flag: TBA
Submit your review
Epic Yacht Charters
Average rating: 0 reviews
Ready to Dive In?
Epic Yacht Charters provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.