British Virgin Islands
67 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 8
4 Queen ensuite cabins
SCUBA diving onboard
TRU NORTH is a 2021 model 67 ft Fountaine Pajot and can accommodate up to 8 guests.
Imagine for a moment you are seeking a Tru getaway that is easy, leaves you feeling refreshed, and creates memories you’ll be eager to share and relive. TRU NORTH is here to help you plan and experience yacht life aboard our Fountaine Pajot Alegria 67 – a top-of-the-line luxury cruising cat, built and launched in 2021. She is truly the ultimate in cruising comfort.
With Tru North, we believe details matter. We are here to curate the perfect itinerary with you, including yacht and island experiences, meals, and more so that you and your guests can be as active or relaxed as you wish during your stay. For those looking to take in the magnificent waters, Tru North offers an array of water toys for all ages whether you are keen to catch a prized fish, slow down with a paddle, or speed up by tubing behind our 60-horsepower dinghy. If you are looking to explore the incredible underwater life, our fully certified Divemaster crew members will lead you to sights unseen after equipping you with our own dive compressor – a unique feature of Tru North that allows for daily dives.
If relaxation and comfort are what you are after, Tru North features several lounge areas for you to sit or fully stretch out and rest or converse while taking in the amazing views of the surrounding scenery slowly drifting by. The sizable bimini provides a large area of escape from the sun for those who want some shade, and if you need to download a book or podcast to indulge with, our charging pods and Starlink internet keeps you connected.
Tru North believes in providing the highest level of hospitality for you and your guests. Our open galley is equipped with state-of-the-art appliances where you can get your morning Nespresso, and afternoon captain cocktail, and enjoy our freshly prepared meals designed with you in mind. Our air-conditioned suites with walk-in showers, 600-thread count sheets, bathrobes, Turkish towels, and eco-friendly bath products will leave you feeling refreshed every day. And when you’re ready to dine on-shore we are here to guide you to unique local spots while helping you look your best with beautiful in-room lighting, hair dryers, and an onboard iron to smooth away wrinkles from your travels.
Our three seasoned crew members are your official guides and cannot wait to bring your yachting vacation dreams to life. They look forward to welcoming you aboard TRU NORTH for your EPIC getaway.
*For Rates, see the PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN JACO & CHEF SIMÓNE
With Jaco, Simóne, and Hein as your guides aboard Tru North, you’ll immediately feel at ease. They are warm and joyful, and you’ll always feel reassured when in their care or listening to their beautiful accents as they regale you with stories of their ocean travels.
Jaco grew up boating and living along the coast of South Africa; he went on his first week-long boat trip with his dad at the age of two and hasn’t turned back since. Born in Namibia and having grown up in a small coastal fishing town called Velddrif in South Africa, the ocean is his second home. He is an avid fisherman whose spearfishing game is as strong as his freediving, sense of humor, and captain’s cocktails. Jaco is an accomplished man of the seas having worked his way up the ladder from Cadet to Chief Mate Unlimited on different vessels ranging from chemical tankers to mining vessels, circling the globe at least four times, until he entered the yachting industry in Monaco as Mate and Master. Be sure to ask him about his most daring adventures when you meet and let him know if you want to experience sailing hands-on – he is your perfect guide to hoist the sails.
Simóne was born in South Africa and split her time between England and a small surf town in South Africa, Jeffrey’s Bay, where she learned that life along the coast is where her heart and soul were meant to be. Her dedication and pursuit of learning have helped Simóne garner a wealth of experience in a variety of domains from creating masterpiece meals, to capturing underwater footage, and more – all of which she can’t wait to share with you. Be sure to express your culinary wishes and let her know if you want to join her in the galley to take part in a unique food-focused experience – especially if you’ve caught that night’s dinner.
Jaco and Simóne fell in love with sailing, and then with each other, having married along the way in their travels. Their passion for the ocean and preservation of marine life inspired them to become Scuba Divemasters and they would love to guide you through some of the most exclusive dive locations in the Virgin Islands.
Rounding out our seasoned crew is Hein, an experienced sailor, Dive Master, and renowned mixologist from Langebaan, South Africa. As your deckhand and steward, Hein will create countless ocean adventures that will become lifetime memories for you and your family whether that be learning to free dive, spearfish, or surf on our new eFoil carbon boards. He can’t wait to regale you with his stories, and hear about your ocean dreams, as he crafts you the most delicious cocktails each day.
For Jaco, Simóne, and Hein their home is truly the ocean and they cannot wait to welcome you to their home which will quickly become your own aboard Tru North.
- Served with a fresh fruit platter, Tea & Coffee
- Acai Smoothie Bowl with chia seeds, fresh fruits, coconut flakes, and berries
- Breakfast Pancake Stack with various toppings available: berries, choc chips, maple syrup, Nutella, etc.
- Cinnamon French Toast with Greek yogurt & berries with berry syrup, bacon, and banana – maple syrup/honey on the side
- Fluffy Scrambled Eggs & Mediterranean Avocado with cherry tomatoes and spring onion – toast on the side
- Sheet Pan Omelet Roll with cream cheese, baby spinach, and cheddar cheese – toast & jams on the side
- Continental with jams, cheeses, cold meats, fresh fruit, yogurts, croissants/bread, and boiled eggs
- Pancakes with fresh fruits, yogurt, and a variety of toppings
- Eggs Benedict – Served atop English muffins with spinach, Canadian bacon, and traditional hollandaise sauce
- Spicy Shrimp Quinoa with cayenne pepper, old bay spice & sweet peppers, served with lemon & salsa on the side
- Beef & Black Bean Burrito/Wrap with corn, carrots, greens, and a sweet & spicy Mexican sauce
- Grilled Chicken & Salad with a green salad on the side
- Niçoise Salad – Salmon/tuna, boiled egg, greens, beans, tomato & a classic Niçoise dressing (Dijon mustard, honey, pepper, salt, and lemon juice)
- Lettuce Wrapped Tuna/Salmon Patties – Served with a fresh salad & vinaigrette dressing on the side
- Gourmet Burgers & Sweet Potato Fries – Fresh beef patties with avocado, tomato, lettuce, pickles, cheese & micro greens to top it off
- Buddha Bowls – Served on a bed of quinoa/rice with hummus, pickled ginger, red onion, edamame, carrots, lettuce/spinach, cucumber, cabbage, chicken/lentils/sashimi
- Mongolian Beef – Served with sticky white rice and a lime-zested mixed bean salad
- Caprese Salad
- Baked Bree with Cranberry and Balsamic Glaze
- Pan Seared Scallops & Lemon Butter
- Antipasto Bites
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Spicy Brussel Sprouts & Garlic Aioli
- Avocado with Honey Glazed Grilled Goats Cheese
- Vegetable Skewers
- Scallops with an Artichoke Sauce
- Zesty Grilled Calamari
- Tomato Carpaccio with Basil
- Mussel Soup
- BBQ Pork Ribs – Served with a fresh salad, boiled potato, and char-grilled broccoli
- Seared Tuna – Served on a bed of spinach, radish, feta & cabbage topped with balsamic glaze reduction
- Flame Grilled Fillet Mignon – Served with a garlic pea purée, white and purple buttered baby potatoes, and green beans with a sprinkle of parmesan
- Lemon & Herb Mahi Mahi – Served with a mango sauce drizzled over white rice and a rainbow mango salsa with sweet potatoes
- Salmon Steaks – Served with an orange and ginger sweet potato pureé, pan-fried asparagus, purple potato, and a finely cut simple green salad
- Red Snapper Pasta – Served with paprika and sweet pepper, red onion, and tomato salsa
- Fresh from the Ocean – Lobster, South African West-Coast Style – Steam-cooked legs, lemon-garlic grilled tail, or deep-fried tail, served with garlic butter rice – *only served upon request & availability
- Chocolate Mousse – Served with fresh berries, pistachios & chili flakes (Vegan option upon request only)
- Key Lime Pie – Served with a slice of lime, coral tile, and a dollop of cream
- Chocolate Fudge Brownies – Served with ice cream and fresh raspberries
- Créme Brulé – Served with fresh berries
- No-bake Cheese Cake – Served with strawberry/cherry coulis
- Classic South African Malva Pudding – Served with custard and fresh mint
- Rote Grütze – Served with fresh homemade vanilla cream