British Virgin Islands
56 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 8
3 Queen ensuite cabins with 1 twin bunks cabin
SCUBA diving onboard
BLUEWINDS is a 56 ft Lagoon catamaran with accommodations up to 8 with ensuite bathrooms.
Bluewinds (ex-Playtime) is the perfect platform for experiencing the majesty of the Caribbean! An ongoing 2022/23 refit brings all new interior and exterior decor, new generators, a watermaker, tender, and a “boat load” of new gear, making Bluewinds the premiere Lagoon 560 chartering the British Virgin Islands and Greater Caribbean region. Accommodations are 4 guest suites, 3 with queen cabins, and 1 with twin bunks. The 4th queen cabin is available at a fee of $2,000.
No expense was spared in outfitting this gorgeous luxury sailing yacht which offers four guest cabins (for 8 guests), each with its own private bathroom, a salon with 360° windows, 2 dining areas, and a foredeck sitting area. Amenities and toys include TVs in each cabin, a 15-foot tender for wakeboarding, tubing, or zipping to gorgeous beaches, 2 standup paddleboards, 1 double kayak, a hydraulic swim step for easy water access, and snorkeling and diving gear. Bluewind’s elegant yet minimalist design provides the handling of a performance sailing catamaran while offering the ambiance and amenities of a world-class resort on the water. The spacious design of the cockpit and flybridge areas offer guests panoramic vistas, al fresco dining, and ample space for lounging, whether in the sun or shade.
If you are looking for world-class dining, sailing, diving, and adventure, look no further than BLUEWINDS!
Note: Previously named PLAYTIME.
*For Rates, see the PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN EBEN & CHEF/MATE KATIE
Eben grew up in South Africa in a big city but most vacations were spent in the wild bushveld. His working career started as a project manager and later on in logistics. Eben started sailing later in life and as soon as he set foot on his first boat he was hooked. He went on to become a captain and managed a sailing academy.
Eben and Katie met on the north coast of Sicily in Milazzo in 2022 and it was love at first sight. Katie as an equestrian rider and Eben as a Captain both had a love of the water. After traveling together around Europe Eben convinced Katie to join him in the amazing world of sailing.
Eben has been chartering around the Mediterranean and the Caribbean for the last 9 years and Katie joined him in the British Virgin Islands in 2023. As soon as you step on board you will feel at home and you can sit back relax and soak in the Caribbean sun. Whatever your needs are, whether it is diving into amazing reefs, building sand castles on the beach, or enjoying cocktails at the beach bars, Eben and Katie will have you forgetting about the world outside the islands.
Katie was born in a small English village in the UK, her love for water and the ocean comes from the South coast of England. Her love for the ocean is matched by her love for horses as an equestrian dressage ride and her passion for cuisines from around the world. She enjoyed cooking from a young age with her mom who was a qualified chef. After completing her equine studies she worked in equine yards where she competed at a national level. She later worked at a culinary school where she further developed the skills that are incorporated into her beautiful cuisines.
- Eggs Benedict on breakfast muffins with hollandaise sauce and crispy bacon
- Full English breakfast
- Poached Egg Shakshuka
- Mini bacon and egg muffins
- American pancakes with berries and maple syrup
- Sweetcorn fritters topped with smoked salmon
- Assorted pastries with crispy bacon
- Grilled Salmon with zucchini salad and lemon drizzle
- Beef burgers on brioche bun paired with a Greek salad
- Prawn linguine with white wine and arugula chili sauce
- Mahi Mahi infused in a lemony marinade served with asparagus orzo
- Aweet and spicy Asian pork lettuce wraps
- Chicken fajitas with tortilla wraps and a fresh green salad
- Grilled sea bass with baby kale and avocado sald drizzled with lemon garlic vinaigrette
- Charcuterie board
- Grilled eggplant with feta and romesco
- Cranberry and brie puff
- Zucchini and cream cheese flavors
- Fully loaded nachos
- A family secret Braai Broodjie
- Italian-style balsamic bruschetta
- Teriyaki with stir-fried vegetables and coconut rice
- Thai green curry served with garlic nan bread
- Confit duck with zucchini risotto and blueberry drizzle
- Lobster and steak with baby garlic potatoes and grilled asparagus
- Sweet chili glazed salmon on a crunchy Asian slaw
- Orange marsala pork with mustard mash and fresh roasted vegetables
- Chicken cushions served on mushroom risotto
- Nutella cheesecake
- Chocolate brownies with homemade ice cream
- Caribbean-style deconstructed apple crumble
- Salted caramel panna cotta with a dark chocolate mouse
- Vanilla creme brule