British Virgin Islands
67 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 8
4 Queen ensuite cabins
Great for 4 couples
COLIBRI is a 2021, 67 ft Fountaine-Pajot Alegria sailing catamaran offering crewed yacht charters in the British Virgin Islands
Luxury catamaran Colibrí offers bespoke, all-inclusive charters for up to eight guests. As Fountaine Pajot’s flagship model, Colibrí provides luxurious accommodation in four comfortable cabins (1 King Master and 3 Queens). The 67’ yacht has spacious private spaces and multiple social areas for couples, families, and groups of friends to gather. The forward cockpit and cushions on the trampoline are a favorite spot while sailing and the spacious flybridge provides 360° views. The large cockpit dining table provides comfortable seating for all guests and accommodates the tailored creations of your personal chef. After an active day or an adventurous night snorkel, guests love to unwind in the onboard jacuzzi!
Proudly based in the British Virgin Islands, your experienced crew delights in sharing both the star attractions and the secret gems of their home waters. Avid naturalists, they’ll be happy to guide you on snorkel safaris and adventures ashore. During shoulder season, charters may be offered in other Caribbean cruising grounds. The crew’s reviews speak for themselves: you’ll want to return to your vacation home on the water again and again. Experience seamless service, modern luxury, and conviviality aboard Colibrí!
*For Rates, see the PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN GRAHAM & CHEF/MATE KRISTIANN
Your Captain and Chef are native Texans who have been married since 2007. Avid travelers, Kristiann and Graham have lived on four continents and visited over fifty countries. Their experiences have taught them that great vacations are made up of many small details. Consummate hosts, Graham and Kristiann delight in creating memories for their guests.
After 10 years in the corporate world, the Gips reached a point where they could focus on what they love to do most: travel, host guests, and sail. In 2015, they purchased a 44’ catamaran, Allende, upon which they began their chartering career and sailed over 30,000 nautical miles. After seven successful seasons aboard Allende, Graham and Kristiann were thrilled to upgrade their charter program aboard the luxurious Colibrí.
Both Graham and Kristiann are licensed by the United States Coast Guard and are CPR/First Aid certified. They are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. They will be joined by a third crew member for the 2023-2024 season.
Captain Graham Gips
Graham is an engineer by training who spent a successful career in the oil and gas industry. While working abroad, he learned to sail on a 20ft racing dinghy with Kristiann as crew. They raced weekly for several years, topped the local podium and earned the chance to compete internationally.
While he has a competitive streak, Graham is a detail-oriented and safety-conscious sailor who puts the comfort of his guests first. He knows the islands well and can craft an itinerary that suits everyone aboard. When the anchor is set each evening, Graham then turns his attention to crafting cocktails to your taste.
Chef/Mate Kristiann Gips
Before joining the yachting industry, Kristiann ran a successful catering company. She honed her culinary skills by accommodating a wide variety of preferences and dietary needs each day. In 2021, Kristiann further refined her skills by training at the acclaimed Ashburton Cookery School in England.
Kristiann loves to combine gourmet ingredients with local delicacies for new twists on classic dishes. She works with the Captain to design a menu that perfectly complements your sailing itinerary. When she’s not in the galley, Kristiann enjoys escorting guests on snorkel safaris.
- Breakfast is accompanied by espresso-based coffees, tea, freshly-squeezed orange juice, and your choice of a tropical fruit smoothie or fresh fruit platter.
- A cold breakfast of Greek yogurt with homemade granola, honey, and preserves is always available.
- Crabcakes benny on homemade English muffins, passionfruit Hollandaise
- Sweet or savory buckwheat crêpes
- Greek frittata with dill, sundried tomatoes, and feta, sausage meatballs
- Breakfast tostadas, fresh pico de gallo
- Banana pancakes with maple rum syrup and crispy bacon
- Avocado toast on sourdough bread, poached eggs, watermelon radish, and lemon
- Fried eggs over vegetable rösti, breakfast sausage
- Niçoise salad with almond-crusted wahoo
- Cheeseburgers with grilled pineapple-jalapeño relish, homemade brioche buns
- Fresh Vietnamese spring rolls with shrimp and peanut sauce
- Tuna poke with wonton chips
- Falafel pie in a phyllo crust, Greek salad
- West Indian chicken roti, locally-grown salad with papaya seed vinaigrette
- Baja fish tacos, hibiscus-cabbage slaw, homemade corn tortillas
- Lobster Campechana with plantain chips
- Grilled Caesar salad with parmesan crisp
- Watermelon Gazpacho
- Wasabi greens salad with pear, soy-sesame dressing
- Family-style cheese and charcuterie board
- Tropical Mahi Mahi ceviche
- Wedge salad with blue cheese dressing
- Thinly-sliced grilled flank steak with ancho mole, black beans, and grilled plantains
- Spice-crusted pork tenderloin medallions, cauliflower mash, corn ribs, Madiera jus
- Line-caught wahoo, butternut puree, pineapple chimichurri, curry aioli, and pickled red onion
- Homemade tagliatelle, cocoa-rubbed beef short rib ragu
- Za’atar-spiced red snapper, saffron cream sauce, couscous, asparagus
- Reverse-seared filet mignon, potatoes Dauphinois, haricot verts
- Grilled lamb lollipops, caramelized onion, spinach biryani, cucumber raita
- Caramel almond cake
- Carrot cake, ginger-cream cheese icing
- Mexican chocolate mousse
- Apple crisp with homemade vanilla ice cream
- Key lime pie with coconut crust
- Amaretto cheesecake
- Chocolate fudge tart with caramelized pineapple, lime zest and rum whipped cream
Click image for full size slide show.