British Virgin Islands
62 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 6
3 Queen ensuite cabins*
Great for a large group
DRAGONFLY is a beautiful Lagoon 620. 6 guests are accommodated in 3 ensuite cabins*.
The master cabin suite aboard DRAGONFLY includes a seating/lounge area and desk, queen-size berth, large glass shower stall, and separate vanity area and offers direct access to the aft deck for slipping out to gaze at the stars and take a midnight dip off the stern. The master suite also has direct private access to the main salon. The other 2 spacious guest cabins each offer a queen-size berth with ensuite bathrooms. All cabins have individual a/c controls for guests’ comfort. *Please inquire about 4 queen ensuite cabins.
The flybridge lounge is extremely spacious and offers 360° views and an amazing breeze. The aft deck offers an alfresco dining and lounging area and the main salon offers a lounging area plus formal dining. Join this great team for your EPIC vacation in the Caribbean. Learn to scuba dive onboard or dive with certification.
**For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN DAVE & CHEF/MATE VALENTINA
Captain Dave Scallan grew up by the water in a small, coastal town in South East Ireland. Water safety and yachting are in his blood. Dave’s dad ran a water rescue operation and his parents pushed him to sail as a young boy. Growing up he raced dinghies, sailed in regattas, and spent as much time on the water as he could. During his university years, Dave earned his degree as a mechanical engineer while simultaneously becoming a senior instructor through the Irish Sailing Association.
Dave then went on to instruct sailing in more than four different yacht clubs in Ireland. After his time in Ireland, he developed a strong desire to travel and live internationally. He took a position at the Southern Yacht Club in New Orleans as a sailing director. After his time in the states, Dave decided to combine his love of the water with his engineering background and worked on superyachts in Spain, Italy, and Greece. Dave became a delivery captain in France where he completed four Atlantic crossings. After working as a delivery captain in France, he found himself in the Caribbean, where he has been based for 5 years while spending the last season in the Exumas, in the Bahamas.
Dave has more than 40,000 miles as a captain alone. He attributes his long maritime resume to his sense of humor, ability to whip up a drink, and a good time. His goal is to take each day and make the most of it, both on and off charter. His larger-than-life personality, combined with his experience makes him a fun, passionate captain. In his spare time, he wakeboards, kiteboards, skis (on both liquid and frozen water), keeps up with his favorite rugby teams, and scuba dives.
Valentina was born and raised in the coastal city of Viña del Mar – Chile, by a Chilean mother and Argentinean father, she grew up in a house that blends the culinary traditions inherited by her European great grandparents with the Latin American flavors. From a very young age, she started cooking but it wasn’t until after graduating college that she decided to pursue her passion for cooking, moving to Argentina, where she went to culinary school in Buenos Aires. Her career would take her to work and live in countries such as Australia, Germany, and Canada, visiting over 32 countries in the last 7 years.
Extremely passionate about food and hospitality, she aims to give the best customer service with an eye for personal detail, paying tribute to that mix of flavors and seaside feel she grew up in. Over the years she has worked in various kitchens, from trendy bars, to hip cafes, bistros in the mountains to high-end restaurants in multicultural cities, constantly learning new flavors and techniques. She has a great sense of adventure, loves to dive, travel, sail and enjoy the outdoors and through her dishes you will travel alongside her memories, tasting the food from around the globe, with a Latin American twist.
Dave and Valentina look forward to showing you a wonderful time onboard Dragonfly!
- All breakfasts have a selection of bread, fresh fruit platters, juice, coffee, tea, and milk
- Caribbean shakshuka: Caribbean seasoned tomato stew, eggs, fried plantains, fresh avocado, and cilantro, served on cast iron skillets
- Stuffed french toast: Brie and guava stuffed french toast, on brioche bread. Caramelized figs and fresh fruits
- Avocado toast: Smashed avocado over grilled pan-seared sourdough bread, your choice of eggs, and a side of arugula, corn, and feta salad with a lime and mint dressing
- Fluffy banana pancakes: Served with glazed pineapples, passion fruit coulis, and a coconut salted caramel drizzle
- Island Benny: Braised pork shoulder over Johny cakes, cayenne hollandaise, and roasted pepper salsa
- Potato and Oaxaca cheese galette: served with pulled jerk chicken, sunny side eggs, and julienne spring onions
- Plantain frittata: served with a fresh heirloom tomato and basil salad
- Shrimp ceviche with fresh mango and passion fruit Leche de Tigre
- Chilled glass noodle Laksa served with tropical slaw and citrus segments
- Grilled lobster with spicy pineapple salsa and garden salad
- Crab “chupe”: Chilean crab casserole with a bread and coconut cream base, chili, cilantro, and Parmesan gratin
- Roasted pork with Caribbean rub, citrus papaya slaw, and sweet potato chips
- Rock salt-cooked chicken, pan-seared asparagus, and cilantro pesto barley salad
- Grilled catch of the day (whole fish), Jazmin rice, tropical slaw and coconut, lime, ginger sauce
- Seared scallops served over a pea and chili puree, microgreens, and cilantro chimichurri
- Mahi-mahi tiradito with a sesame ponzu dressing, shaved carrots, and ginger garnish
- Braised goat tostones with smoked goat’s cheese, pickled shallots, and cilantro
- Charcuterie board: Selection of cheese and meat, house pickles, grainy mustard, sweet and salty nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, and mango cilantro chutney
- Grilled bell peppers, stuffed with eggs and cheese served over watercress salad and lime dressing
- Street Tacos: pulled beef, deep-fried pork belly, and shrimp tacos. Served with pickled onions, cilantro, pineapple, and avocado
- Bruschetta Caprese: mix of roasted and fresh tomatoes, topped with fresh buffalo burrata, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and fresh micro basil
- Middle eastern board: Selection of hummus, babaganoush, seared halloumi, pita bread, lamb koftas, yogurt sauce, and house pickles
- Caribbean curry style goat ossobuco, fungi, and roasted baby root veggies
- Pan-roasted chicken Maryland, braised greens, lime ginger pan juices, and plantain garnish
- Beef tenderloin, red wine sauce, carrot puree, and potato tarragon gratin
- Pan-seared catch of the day, celeriac puree, braised leeks, and confit tomatoes
- Beetroot risotto with balsamic glazed beetroots, goat cheese, toasted walnuts, and arugula
- Umami marinate cauliflower florets with dahl-style lentils, chipotle date puree, and roasted cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil poached hake with truffle and pinto bean puree, black garlic aioli, fennel, and pickled shallots
- Seasonal: Lobster bisque – Butter poached lobster, snow peas, and coconut foam
- Bananarama: Raw vegan banana tart with a coconut and banana filling, cacao crunch, deep-fried bananas, and coconut sorbet
- Passion fruit slice with creme patisserie, passion fruit coulis, mango puree, and Moscato granita
- Lavander and Mango: lavander custard filled profiterole, with mango coulis and sorbet
- Piña colada: deconstructed cake with flambee pineapple, coconut diplomat cream, vanilla sponge, and rum sauce
- Pear and pistachio tart with elderflower gel and white chocolate mousse
- Hazelnut and Chocolate semifreddo, chocolate crunch, maple-glazed pears, and torched marshmallow
- Rocky road: chocolate mousse cake, with cherry filling, drunk cherries, caramelized nuts, and Italian meringue
The fine points
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax|
|Winter 2022 to 2023||$39,000||$40,000||$40,000||$41,000||$41,000|
Please note that Holiday rates are subject to change.
Christmas week: $51,000
New Year week: $53,000
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner, and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates, and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine, and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- WiFi Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Cruising permits, national parks fees, fishing permits, taxes, and port fees
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping, or special off-yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
- Air conditioning and fans
- Watermaker & 2 generators
- Heated deck showers
- TV in salon
- Cockpit icemaker
- Yoga Mats and hand weights
- 15′ RIB with 70hp engine
- Wakeboard & tube
- Snorkel gear
- 2 Standup paddleboards
- 2 Sea-Doo sea scooters
- Floating mats
- Beach games
- Fishing gear
- Builder: Lagoon Catamaran
- Year Built: 2019
- LOA: 62′
- Beam: 32′
- Draft: 5′
- Engines: 2 x 150 hp
- Flag: USA
Submit your review
Epic Yacht Charters
Average rating: 3 reviews
December 2021 Charter Guests
Jan 6, 2022
Cannot Wait Till Next Time
Thank you so much for the fun, laughs and memories aboard Dragon Fly! What an amazing week of exploring the island’s private and turquoise waters, watersports, wine and amazing food We appreciate your hospitality and thank you for sharing your slice of paradise with us. Cannot wait until next time!!!
December 2021 Charter Guests
Dec 27, 2021
Feels Like Home
Captain, you are an outstanding captain. One who is knowledgeable and kind. Chef, you are far too kind and your mocktails are the best ever!! No, Seriously!! Your smile is contagious and your hospitality unmatched! Thank you so much for all of your help on the boat. Thank you for helping us plan our adventures. You are a very kind and compassionate soul. Merci! Your food was amazing. Thank you for accommodating our tricky dietary needs and restrictions. The squash as well as the berries with mint were my favorite! Thank you for making the yacht feel like home. We will see you soon!
February 2022 Charter Guests
Mar 7, 2022
I wanted to take some time to thank you again for the great trip we had a couple of weeks ago. It was by far the best vacation I have ever been on and I think everyone in our group feels the same way. Your hospitality was greatly appreciated. You both did an excellent job handling our crazy group. Every meal you prepared was excellent. Every place you took us was a great time. Everybody in our group enjoyed spending time with you. I can’t wait to do it again. A trip in BVI with you guys makes coming back to the real world seem like a bad idea. You are welcome to use this as a testimonial if you would like to. I would also be happy to let your bosses or brokers know how much we enjoyed the trip. Just forward me some contact info. if you would like me to do that. Thanks again! I hope that we can go on a trip with you again someday.
Ready to Dive In?
Epic Yacht Charters provides the most updated information on yachts available but cannot guarantee any details are 100% correct until we verify with the specific yacht.