British Virgin Islands
50 ft Sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 8
4 Queen cabins w/ 3 ensuite bathrooms
SCUBA diving onboard
10% OFF charter rates for the months of NOV & DEC 2023.
ETHER is a Lagoon 50 offering 4 queen guest cabins with 3 ensuite bathrooms
ETHER offers accommodation for up to 8 guests in 4 queen cabins with ensuites. The interior has fantastic natural lighting and ventilation throughout, plus full air-conditioning.
The main salon is bright and airy with large expansive windows that bring the outside in. dark wood flooring and light wood panelling offer a modern feel with large comfortable U-shaped sofa and dining table.
The cockpit area can comfortably accommodate 8 guests at the table for dining with a view. There are plenty of options for snoozing or relaxing on the aft deck with a book in the shade. The foredeck has sun pads and sample seating to catch some sunrays while sailing or at anchor. The flybridge has seating for you to enjoy 360-degree views while watching the captain work at the helm.
Whether you are looking for a fun family adventure, a SCUBA diving week, or a Caribbean getaway with friends, ETHER is ready to welcome you on an EPIC sailing trip of a lifetime!
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN IVAN & CHEF/MATE MARISIA
Ivan – My love for the ocean started thanks to family holidays spent at the beach. Exploring, snorkeling, and fishing. Straight after high school, I chose to become a scuba diving instructor, which allowed me to travel, explore, and be exposed to different cultures.
Being out on the ocean makes me feel at ease, I like the mystery hidden in it and love the many possibilities to have fun in and on the water. My interests of mine include sailing, engineering, DIY projects, vintage cars, and genuine love and care for animals and plants.
Marisia – Growing up in Cape Town, with big waves and strong winds. Every Sunday morning you would find my family and me on the beach. We’d spend our time body surfing. Seeing the waves as challenges, conquering the fear of the size, reading the waves by moving with them, letting our bodies adapt to the cold waters, and focusing our minds on controlling our breathing Sundays were my favorite, for the ocean taught me things I didn’t learn in school. When challenges come I treat them like a wave. Observe, evaluate, learn, and take it on headstrong.
Our story starts in the heart of South Africa in a small town called Potchefstroom. Marisia was studying hairdressing and Ivan just got back from working at sea on a 130ft motor yacht as Deckhand/Divemaster. We quickly bonded over our love for the ocean and meeting new people. We soon decided to move down west to old Cape Town herself, where Marisia continued studying and Ivan went back to sea on an 86ft M/Y Nordhavn as First Mate/Engineer/Relief Captain in Fort Lauderdale.
Marisia loved doing hair but now it was time for her other love, the ocean. She began studying the laws of the sea and learning everything she could about life onboard, and soon she was ready to join Ivan.
We have been sailing the Caribbean for a year now having the opportunity to care for 10 Guests on board our 60ft Fontaine Pajot. We pride ourselves on serving them with high standards. We love creating the perfect holiday, sailing only to the best places -from the most famous bars to untouched secluded bays.
- All are served with fresh fruit, cereal, toast, and bagels
- Caribbean Breakfast – Eggs with caramelized onions and pan-fried plantains served on an English muffin
- Banana Bread – Freshly baked banana bread packed with almonds
- Shakshuka – Eggs poached in a tomato and pepper sauce, topped with fresh parsley
- Bailey’s French Toast – Breakfast of champions! Boozy French toast served with fresh fruit and maple syrup
- Smoked Salmon Breakfast Muffin – Smoked Salmon with cream cheese and eggs served on an English Muffin
- Quiche – Creamy spinach, garlic, and mushroom quiche topped with feta cheese
- “Portholes” – Eggs baked in a bacon crust served on an English muffin with creamy sweet chili sauce
- Baked Omelet – Stuffed with fried mushrooms, onions, and red peppers topped with mozzarella cheese
- Sweet and Spicy Tuna Poke Bowl – Seared Tuna with rice, seaweed salad, snap peas, mango, and cucumber.
- BBQ Chicken Wraps – Topped with Pineapple salsa, avocado, cheese, lettuce, and sesame seeds
- Caribbean Chicken Salad – Chicken, grapes, spring onion, and celery with a creamy curry sauce.
- Honey/BBQ Beef koftas on a piece of pita bread – Homemade tzatziki sauce, brie cheese, lettuce, finely chopped carrots
- BBQ grilled Pork Ribs & Baked potato – Sweet BBQ Ribs, baked potatoes stuffed with garlic, cheese, and parsley with a sour cream sauce and spring onion
- Home-Made Beef Lasagna with Broccoli Salad – Beef lasagna with a creamy white sauce topped with cheddar cheese and mozzarella. Broccoli, bacon, feta, and raisin salad
- Carbonara – Pasta with carbonara sauce and crispy bacon. Served with garlic baguette.
- Feta & Bacon Caesar Salad – Packed with avocado, cucumber, and homemade croutons
- Homemade HummusServed with a selection of cruités
- Cold MeatToped with honey mustard sauce/Blue cheese
- Chocolate fondue – Served with strawberry and banana
- Charcuterie platter – A selection of cheese and meats along with local produce and crackers.
- Bacon Cherry’sRed Cherry’s wrapped in bacon and pan-fried
- Baked BrieToped with garlic and rosemary served with crackers
- Cream Cheese or Sweet chutney Grain CrackersToped with blue cheese/salami/tomato/feta/cucumber
- Cheesy Quesadillas – served with guacamole and salsa
- Sweet Chutney Brie Tart – Served with Caramelized onions
- La Cream zucchini soup – Served with Fresh Baguettes
- Goat’s cheese rolled in caramelized walnuts – Served with a sweet Beetroot and Tangy dressing
- Creamy Sweet Chili Mussels – Served with Fresh Baguettes
- Roasted Butternut soup – Topped with Black pepper and Croutons
- Cold Calamari salad – Topped with avocado and sesame seeds on a bed of lettuce with a creamy chili sauce
- Tomato and parsley Bruschetta – Served on fresh baguettes, topped with sesame seeds
- Tuna Sashimi – Topped with fine chopped red onions, Red pepper & Parsley
- Sweet & Spicy Mahi Mahi Served with Yellow rice and roasted chickpea salad
- Pork Tenderloin with a Black pepper sauce Served with a creamy mashed potato topped with caramelized onion and a sweet potato, feta, and walnut salad
- Butter chicken curry with eggplant & potatoes served with coconut rice and Green salad
- Creamy prawn pasta served with butternut and fetta salad
- Garlic Butter Lobster served with Roasted vegetables. mix rice and a blue cheese apple salad
- White wine, Mushroom Risotto served with an avocado, tomato salad
- Lemon, Garlic salmon served with a spicy black bean & plantain on top of butter couscous
- Beef steak served with roasted asparagus and sweet mashed potato
- Key lime pie – Topped with cream and lime zest
- Dark chocolate cake – Topped with homemade caramel sauce and almond nuts
- Oreo chocolate mouse with a Oreo cookie layer under the milky chocolate mouse
- Banana split – vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce topped with red cherry’s & wall nuts
- Chocolate Brownies served with chocolate sauce & Ice cream
- Apple Crumble served with whipped cream
- Passion fruit delight – Topped with freshly cut passion fruit
- Blueberry Cheese Cake – Topped with freshly cut blueberry’s