Island Hoppin' - Catamaran
Hop islands in style
52 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 8
3 Queen ensuite cabins & twin bunks*
Scuba diving/instruction onboard
From $25,000/weekMake an Inquiry
Are You Ready to Start Your Journey?
I am happy to assist you in your search. Please call or email me.
Michelle Heyns+1 (954) 543-1270
Make an inquiry
Print this page
Please click to print the brochure. This might take up to 20 seconds.
Please click to. This might take up to 20 seconds.
ISLAND HOPPIN’ is a 52 ft Lagoon sailing catamaran.
ISLAND HOPPIN’ is a luxury yacht for charter in the Virgin Islands that sleeps 8 guests in 3 or 4 queen cabins. *Twin bunks available for younger guests or singles. All cabins have individually controlled air conditioning and spacious bathrooms with separate showers.
Your Captain is a Scuba dive instructor and referral/discover scuba courses are offered onboard. Certified divers are welcome to dive with the gear onboard. 2 Sea Scooters are a lot of fun for the whole family in the water and underwater discovery. Your chef will surprise you with her culinary skills in such a small galley. Your EPIC charter yacht awaits in the Virgin Islands.
**Normally Crew takes queen cabin unless requested at booking contract.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
|Season||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax||7 Pax||8 Pax|
|Winter 2021 to 2022||$25,000||$25,500||$26,000||$26,500||$27,000||$27,500||$28,000|
Please note that Holiday rates are subject to change.
Christmas week: $31,000
New Year week: $35,000
- Use of the yacht with our Professional Captain and Chef and additional crew
- All Onboard Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner, and Dessert
- Snacks – Fresh Fruit, Popcorn, Granola Bars, Chips, Chocolates and more
- Beverages – Water, Juices, Sodas, Coffee, Beer, Wine, and a Fully Stocked Bar
- Water Sport activities
- Broadband Wireless Internet Access
- Air Conditioning
- Fuel for the yacht and dinghy
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- If the charter area includes the BVI; cruising permits, national parks fees, fishing permits, taxes, and port fees are not included.
- Shore activities such as dining, shopping, or special off yacht excursions
- Premium Beverages/Wines not normally stocked and excessive alcohol consumption
- Airport Transfers
- Crew gratuity; 15-20% of the charter cost
Highlighted dates are booked, on hold, or unavailable. We may be able to challenge the dates on hold. Please contact us for details. All other dates not highlighted are available. You can use the arrow icons to navigate through the months.
Dates Color Key
If no color is noted on calendar or in the detailed list below, the dates are available for your charter
- Booked (Booked by another client group already)
- Hold (Held by another client group, not yet booked, and can be challenged)
- Unavailable (Blocked out by the Owner and unavailable to challenge)
CAPTAIN TAYLOR & CHEF/ MATE MARGARET
Genuine hospitality and contagious enthusiasm for the islands are what Margaret and Taylor are all about. Having sailed their 30’ monohull extensively from Maine to Grenada and lived aboard while exploring the Virgin Islands, they know how to turn the dream of a sailing adventure into a reality. They have a glowing reputation, yielding nothing but 5-star reviews.
Taylor grew up in Central Virginia, splitting summers between living on the lake driving ski boats and traveling in the family RV to every state with a road to it. After earning a business degree from Appalachian State University with honors, Taylor started pursuing his passion for living. Playing in a touring rock band transitioned to trekking in South America, which led to bartending in Breckenridge, Colorado. After a few years of the ski bum life, the dream of setting off for points unknown in a sailboat started to form. He jumped head first into sailing, taking American Sailing Association courses, walking the docks for crew work, completing safety certifications, and before he knew it he was working day sailing charters in the Virgin Islands.
Margaret also hails from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and has sailboat chartering in her blood from her Dad, who captained classic windjammers in Maine. She began traveling internationally early on and developed a love for traditional recipes and an appreciation for the way a good meal can bring families and friends together. An ambitious explorer as well, Margaret attended the National Outdoor Leadership school before earning her bachelors degree from the University of Colorado in Boulder. She is a certified yoga teacher and recently returned to where she received her training in India, joining a month long motorcycle expedition over the highest drivable passes in the Himalayas.
Despite being raised less than an hour apart and sharing so many passions, the two didn’t meet until they were both living in Colorado. Shortly there after their dream of sailing the islands took off and they moved to Saint John where they worked day sailing charters and eco kayak tours. After that season they bought their sailboat and began cruising full time, meshing into a dynamic team afloat. Having guests aboard ignited their passion for sharing the good life with others and providing a truly bespoke charter.
Margaret and Taylor offer a vacation experience informed by years of local knowledge and a menu of their favorite island recipes personally gathered from the Bahamas to Grenada. From diving for conch that are later served up as fritters to helping someone catch their first wave surfing, providing lasting memories in one of the world’s most special places is something this team never tires of. Together they bring personalized service and engagement, with true authenticity and passion for sharing the island experience with others.
- Eggs-in-a-Bread – A pair of french baguette rounds filled with eggs over easy, served with rosemary sweet potatoes + fresh fruit
- Coconut Waffles with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote – Traditional or gluten free waffle mix brought to life with coconut milk + coconut flakes
- Menemens (Traditional Turkish Style Eggs) – A traditional Turkish breakfast staple – a savory combination of meltingly soft onions, stewed local tomatoes + spicy green peppers, finished with eggs scrambled and cheese until just set. Served with grilled halloumi cheese, split sausage + an airy loaf of bread straight from the oven
- Health Bowl* – A choice of overnight oats or greek yogurt topped with crushed almonds, popped amaranth, cinnamon, agave, fresh dragon fruit + side of caramelized plantains
- Baked Greens Frittata – Inspired by the signature Provençal chard omelet called trucha, this beautiful baked frittata incorporates thick Greek yogurt, lots of greens + garlic
- Southern Style Sausage and Gravy Biscuits** – Our weeks wouldn’t be complete without a traditional, belly pleasing plate consisting of mouth watering butter biscuits + hearty sausage-studded white gravy
- Eggs and Potatoes – Choice of fried or poached eggs served on a bed of rosemary sweet potato fries, choice of meat, served with a juicy, local fruit salad (dragon fruit, papaya, pineapple)
- Baltimore-Style Crab Cakes – Kept simple and focused on the jumbo lump crab meat, experience unadulterated crab cake heaven paired with a tri-color slaw + zesty lime dressing
- Local Mahi Tacos – Tequila lime mahi mahi on roasted corn tortillas topped with cabbage, avocado, mango salsa, drizzled with a lime cilantro aioli
- Caribbean Chicken Rotis** – Found locally throughout our islands, enjoy a spicy and savory combination of shredded chicken and potatoes seasoned with turmeric, curry, ginger, cumin, paprika + peppers paired with a sweet mango chutney
- Grilled Portobello Sandwich* – Juicy portobello steaks marinated in olive oil + balsamic vinegar, grilled until lightly crispy, topped with caramelized onion, melted feta, roasted red peppers, drizzled with basil aioli on a ciabatta bun
- Shrimp on Cauliflower Fried Rice Bowl – This paleo-friendly, 5-ingredient meal is loaded with fresh vegetables, tender shrimp, and signature Asian flavors
- Caribbean Conch Salad* – Freshly cracked, local caught conch marinated in lime juice with bell peppers, onion, jalapeño + cilantro served with crunchy plantain chips
- Salmon Arugula Salad – Zesty, grilled salmon atop a bed of spicy arugula, local heirloom cherry tomatoes, shaved asiago, pine nuts, dressed with a tangy lemon pepper vinaigrette
- Fresh Cracked Caribbean Conch Fritters – Ultra fresh, local caught conch chopped and combined with scallions, bell peppers, and a spice blend + a chili lime dipping sauce and lime wedge
- Tomato and Stone Fruit Crostini with Creamy Feta – A drizzle of tangy feta over juicy tomatoes + sweet stone fruit over a crispy rice cracker
- Bountiful Charcuterie Board – A board full of variety: Bold meats (prosciutto, salami, sopressata…) + a range of cheeses (truffle goat cheese, aged asiago, crumbled blue, merlot or espresso bellavitano, dill havarti…)+ delectable spreads (fig jam, stone ground mustard, olive tapenade, truffle…) + pickled vegetables (beets, jalapenos, pepperoncinis…) + seasonal fruits
- Homemade Falafel – Ground chickpeas, minced onion, chopped parsley, and Arabic spices + homemade tzatziki sauce of yogurt, cucumber, sea salt, and fresh dill
- Watermelon Goat Cheese Salad – Watermelon spheres tossed with creamy crumbled goat cheese topped with fresh mint
- Prosciutto Wrapped Melon – Skewers of melon strips and prosciutto + drizzles of honey + rock salt
- Baked Arancini and Bruschetta – Breaded risotto balls with mozzarella and select meats, grilled bread rubbed with garlic + topped with a fresh herbed tomato salad
- Sizzling Shrimp Roll – Chili-garlic seared shrimp, cabbage, shredded carrots, bibb lettuce, cilantro, thai basil, mint + homemade chili hoisin peanut dipping sauce
- Ahi Tuna Tower with Plantain Crisps – A tower of sushi grade tuna, sushi rice, mango-avocado-cucumber salad, arugula + a side of salty plantains crisps
- Blackened Sesame Chicken Stir Fry – Wild rice sauteed in sesame oil with snap peas, broccoli, water chestnuts, celery, and carrots topped with sesame seeds + coconut aminos
- Simply Elegant Pasta – Quinoa angel hair pasta mixed with sauteed onions, crispy bacon bites, sun dried tomatoes and zangy capers
- Baja Shrimp on Tostones – Grilled jumbo shrimp on twice-fried plantains + cucumber salsa, honey and lime
- Filet Mignon – Grilled to ordered, paired with baked brussel sprouts + sautéed minced cauliflower “mashed potatoes”
- Truffle Gnocchi*** – Shallots and white wine reduced and combined with melted butter, truffle oil and fresh thyme tossed gnocchi + truffle salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Homemade Chia Pudding – Chia seeds, almond milk, 100% cocoa, cinnamon + tropical fruit
- Key Lime Pie – Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a graham cracker pie crust
- Crème Brûlée – In honor of her mother, Margaret prepares this traditional french dessert with love – a rich custard base + a contrasting layer of hard caramel
- Almond Peach Blueberry Crumble – A mouth watering, balanced combination of peach and blueberries topped with a crispy almond crumble
- Cashew Nut Cheesecake – Vegan style cheesecake consisting of cashews, coconut milk + lemon juice supported by an almond + date crust
- Cocoa Banana Phyllo Cups – A creamy combination of ripened bananas, 100% cocoa, maple syrup + cream cheese filled phyllo cups topped with kiwi or caramelized pears
Snacks – Margaret’s favorite way to fill up midday is with homemade, light fare: peanut butter, white bean hummus, truffle popcorn, guacamole, and cilantro garlic yogurt dip, to name a few.
- Air conditioning and fans
- Swim platforms and heated deck showers
- Water-maker and generator
- Free Wifi Internet access
- TV in saloon
- Cockpit ice-maker
- 14’ inflatable boat w/40 hp engine
- Wakeboard, Kneeboard & Tube
- 1 & 2 Person Kayaks
- 2 Stand up paddle boards
- Snorkel gear
- Beach Games
- 20′ Aqua Lily Pad
- 2 Yamaha 275L SeaScooter
- Scuba Diving & Gear onboard
- Underwater Camera/Video
- Model: Lagoon 52 Catamaran
- Year: 2018
- LOA: 52’
- Beam: 28’
- Draft: 5’
- Engines: 2 x 75hp
- Flag: BVI
Submit your review
Let us first say that we were totally new to any kind of sailing or sailing adventure like this. Have been on a couple of small sailboats years ago for an afternoon sail but that was the extent of our sailing experience. What an incredible boat!! No expense was spared by the owners when they outfitted this boat. Everything was done to enhance the experience. Even though it is a catamaran the individual staterooms have plenty of space. The beds - extremely
comfortable. Every stateroom had its own temperature control – the air conditioning was a welcome benefit for sleeping at night. Each stateroom had its own bathroom with a shower. Plenty of fresh, hot water for the shower. Boat has its own fresh -water system so no need to make repeated stops for fresh water. The back deck was very spacious. You never felt crowded. Plenty of seating room. There was additional space to hang out on the front of the boat for sunbathing. The bridge/ upper deck was really cool. Lots of space to enjoy the incredible views. And Yes, for those who can’t be unconnected for a week, the boat does have Wifi. Boat comes fully equipped with just about every water related activity you can want. Complete snorkel and scuba gear was available. Everything was new and in perfect working condition. The Captain is a dive instructor and the Chef/ First Mate is a Dive Master. They know all of the great places in the islands to snorkel and dive. During our dive and snorkel trips, we saw turtles, rays and great variety of ocean fish. The crew were amazing!!! We can’t say enough good things about them. They made the whole trip as relaxing and fun filled as possible. They saw to everything for us. Always cheerful and pleasant nothing seemed to bother them. Excellent captain – knew all the great places to go to. Handled the boat with great skill and confidence. Made us non-sailors very comfortable and at ease. And an incredible chef - every meal was a gourmet experience, rivaled some of the best restaurants we have eaten in around the world. We are still debating which one was the better bartender!! (And the boat had an exceptional stock of fine beverages and a great wine selection) The islands were beautiful. Every sunrise and every sunset were a sight to behold. Incredible blue water and beautiful scenery. We made several stops during the trip to sample the local flavor (usually made with some type of rum).Everyone was extremely friendly and very helpful. (Yes, the crew knew all the good places to stop - Soggy Dollar, Full Moon Party, etc.) This was the most relaxing, enjoyable vacation we can remember having in the past 20 years or more. The 7 days on board flew by. The entire trip was tailored to the passenger’s comfort and enjoyment - All thanks to an incredible crew, a fantastic boat and mother nature. What would we change if we did this again - Nothing!! It was as perfect as you can get.
It's taken a full week, but we've adjusted to life back on land. We could not have dreamed of better hosts or asked for better care than what this crew provided. Chef is the perfect hostess and lover of island fun. Our numerous snorkeling expeditions last week made me feel like a little kid again. She is such a gifted young woman with her ability to know nature, assist with the needs of the boat and instructions of the captain, and cook like she stepped off the set of MasterChef. The meals she prepared are nothing short of cuisine. My husband refuses squash, but she made a dish with butternut squash so good one night, he asked for seconds. Taylor is ever the calm, stoic captain who not only ensure the boat and trip stay on schedule, but that the coolers stay full and the boat is in shape to entertain. You want for nothing on your trip with this captain as the captain of the boat. He always made sure everyone was comfortable and that we were taking full advantage of all that Island Hoppin' offers. The crew made great recommendations for on shore fun and seamlessly guided us through the customs process both crossing into the BVI and heading back stateside. They are a knowledgeable, well organized team. You won't find better cruising in paradise than this gorgeous catamaran and the beyond amazing crew who man the vessel. I've never been homesick for a vacation until now. I know this won't be the last time we travel with the crew and Island Hoppin'.
The Hices had an absolutely wonderful vacation/adventure week! Thank you so much for sharing your home, your islands, your weather, your wisdom and hospitality with us! We are in awe of your sailing, scuba, free diving skills…. As well as your culinary expertise and awesome cocktail recipes. Feeding our family was a feat in itself and you pulled it off perfectly. I am sure we made some incredible memories this week - and we are already excited to come back to the BVI’s to make some more - with your help of course! Wishing you both a wonderful rest of the season - and hopefully some relaxing days ahead.
Thank you so much for everything, it was soooooo much fun. I loved everything we did, especially the skiing and goat calling and helping me with my shark fear (but now I’m scared of walking on a beach with coconut trees). The food was so good, I don’t know how you ever made this food because it is literally the best food I’ve ever tasted. You guys played a big part in making this week so fun and always made us all laugh. It has been such a fun week and it is largely due to you guys. Wow, what an amazing trip. We truly enjoyed ourselves and all the adventures. You guys made the vacation much more memorable. The mechanics of the trip were fine, but what made it a family memory was you guys. I’m sure you realize this but you become a big part of many families. This trip could have been nice but it was amazing because of your attention/guidance for our girls and us. You have a far greater impact on families than you realize. You helped us make memories we will cherish for years to come.
We had another wonderful sail! We really like the new boat but it is the crew that we charter, not the boat! The food was incredibly good as always, you never cease to amaze us with the variety and presentations. Sailing with you both was like having two more of our best friends with us for a week. The captain makes us feel very safe sailing (and is a pretty darn good bar-b-quer!) and with you as chef, we can't imagine a better way to sail!! We are already looking forward to our next trip with you both. Thanks for everything you have done to make all our trips memorable.
What a fantastic trip. Thank you so much for everything you've done for us. It's been totally unforgettable. As a self confessed land mammal this trip has been my first experience of sailing, snorkeling, water sports, and much much more. Fantastic food and sunset cocktails. Lots of memorable meals with family and friends. Thank you for such an amazing holiday
What a great trip! This adventure totally exceeded our expectations. We knew the islands would be beautiful, but had no idea of the comfort and hospitality you two would bring to the equation. We enjoyed learning about you and your family, your history and getting a taste of the sailing life. Each meal was prepared with such care, was outstanding, and we are happily going home 10 lbs heavier, I am sure. Last but not least, the diving was a game changer for us. Thank you so much for taking the time to guide us and point out so many amazing creatures. We’re hooked and can’t wait to return for more! We look forward to sailing with you again in the future and are going to see if we can get some of our most amazing friends to join us! Thank you again for the wonderful, amazing, beautiful week! All the best to you and your kids until we see you again!
Our trip on Altesse was magical. Of course the islands provide the foundation, with natural beauty at every turn, but to top it off the yacht is lovely and immaculate, with open deck spaces and multiple, comfortable cushioned areas for conversation, reading, sunning and afternoon naps. The four staterooms are spacious, comfortable and private.
I am sitting here on Christmas morning and I'm looking over the beautiful waters of the BVI's thinking how lucky we are. We have spent so much time here, but being here with you guys has made it one of the best we've had (right up there with our wedding in St. John). Ya'll have become family. We couldn't have spent our Christmas with better people... We can't wait to do this with you again.
Part of the fun was not knowing what to expect each day and then discovering each day was more beautiful than the last. You were both so welcoming and wonderful hosts. You were great with the boys and the week flew by. See you next year.
SCUBA DIVING ONBOARD
- Scuba gear included
- 3 dives included for certified divers
- Additional dives $25 per dive per person
- Open Water Referal Certification $400
- Discover Scuba $200