British Virgin Islands
76 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 10
1 King suite and 4 queen ensuite cabins**
SCUBA diving onboard
ZINGARA’s name comes from the legend of Countess Zingara, which is Italian for Gypsy woman, who had a life of notoriety and tragedy wandering Africa.
ZINGARA is a Matrix 76 ft sailing catamaran ideal for large groups or two families. There is a giant open-air flybridge for additional space that even has an outdoor Jacuzzi! 10 guests are accommodated in 1 King stateroom, 4 queens. **One queen cabin that can be changed to 2 twin beds. All sheets and blankets are new, and you can enjoy luxurious comforters and bathrobes. Lounge in the steamship recliners on the sky lounge.
The forward-facing master suite occupies most of the width of the yacht and boasts a spa tub for ultimate relaxation. In addition to the standard water toys, there is a Hobie Cat on the yacht which guests can enjoy. ZINGARA is crewed by an energetic crew of 4, Captain, chef, mate & stewardess.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN HUGH & CHEF MAXIME
Growing up in Pretoria, South Africa Hugh (right) spent his youth on the water where his passion for water sports and sailing emerged at an early age. He is an avid fisherman and is passionate about life on the water. Upon graduating, Hugh went straight into yachting and completed a Mediterranean season in France where his interest in the industry grew.
Followed by a 12,000 nm delivery which included two Atlantic crossings and sailing up the east coast of Africa, Hugh’s enthusiasm for sailing, fishing, and diving only increased and flourished.
Hugh spent two years sailing through the Caribbean as the first mate where he worked on a catamaran that spent most of its time chartering in the British Virgin Islands, with this experience he is extremely knowledgeable on the best locations for making your charter unforgettable. He looks forward to welcoming you on board and creating the trip of a lifetime.
Maxime (left) Born and raised along the coast in the Eastern Cape of South Africa – Maxime thrived as she came to realize her love of the sea.
After completing a Hospitality Management degree and working a further 3 years in various luxury environments, she finally combined her passion for the ocean with the experience gained and grew her skillset to work in yachting and explore the rest of the world.
She started her career as a sole stewardess on a sailing yacht in Monaco and began her first circumnavigation, embarking on an extraordinary adventure sailing the world. Following this, she joined the Oyster World Rally, also participating in the Oyster Antigua Regatta which really ignited her passion and love for sailing.
Having done a circumnavigation while first working as a stewardess and then becoming a chef, she has prepared food in various parts of the world and therefore her cuisine is beautifully diverse and influenced by global flavors.
During her career she has sailed over 50,000 nm thus far, sailing through the North and South Atlantic, the South Pacific, the Indian Ocean, the Mediterranean, and the Caribbean Sea. Maxime is a vibrant and positive individual, whose caring attitude shines even while working under pressure. She strives to create a guest-centered environment, catering to your needs and specific tastes. She looks forward to having you onboard and satisfying all your culinary needs.
DECKHAND & DIVE INSTRUCTOR KYLE
Kyle (left) was born in South Africa and while growing up along the South coast he grew a passion for the ocean. During this time Kyle took up lifesaving where he learned valuable skills and became competent with many water toys such as jet skis, stand-up paddle boards, and kayaks. If Kyle wasn’t busy with lifesaving he would be at the docks growing a keen interest in sailing and water sports. Kyle attended a prestigious boarding school for high school which molded him into a well-mannered, respectful young man always willing to lend a helping hand.
After completing school he studied marketing and ventured into the business world. He then moved up the coast of South Africa to Sodwana Bay, which is where he started his career in the scuba diving industry. He grew a passion for working with guests and being able to show them the beauty of the underwater world. He worked his way up to become an instructor at a 5-star PADI center. After gaining ample experience as an instructor, he was invited to qualify as a PADI staff instructor where he trained and assisted Divemasters to become qualified instructors.
Kyle also loves fishing and is also a keen spear fisherman, which has come from his free diving experience. He is keen and always willing to take guests out to enjoy any water sports and experience the beauty of the open ocean. Kyle’s goal is to gain experience in the industry and to one day become a captain, but for now, he enjoys his time on the water with his crew and the guests that come onboard. He is always ready for adventure, loves a challenge, and is never shy to try something new.
STEWARDESS & DIVE INSTRUCTOR GABI
Gabriella (left) was born and raised in a small town on the coast of South Africa called Knysna. Growing up by the sea, her love for the ocean is unmatched. Almost every moment of her free time was spent surfing, swimming, paddle boarding, or kayaking. Gabriella has always loved the sailing world and feeling the freedom the wind brings while being on the water. While in school Gabriella played water polo, further strengthening her swimming skills. After school, Gabriella went on to become an Au Pair, living in several countries including, England, the United States, and France. In 2019 Gabriella won Au Pair of the Year while caring for four children in New Jersey. This is a national award where she was recognized by both her host family and Au Pair International.
Gabriella has a knack for building relationships and making everyone in her presence feel as though you know her your whole life. Her ability to assimilate into families, juggle responsibilities, and always be two steps ahead propelled her into setting goals and conquering them. In 2021 Gabriella returned to South Africa to pursue her ultimate dream of becoming a professional scuba diver. She went on to complete her diving courses in Sodwana Bay, KwaZulu Natal where she became a PADI Scuba Instructor. This is where she gained ample experience while having many great life experiences. Later on, she furthered her qualifications and obtained her PADI staff instructor, one of the highest levels of certification in diving. In this role, she is qualified to teach students to become instructors which have only expanded her knowledge and experience in the ocean and diving world. Additionally, she is an Emergency First Response Instructor putting safety at the forefront, always vigilant, and always making sure her guests are happy and safe. All of this led to her dream job of combining diving and the yachting industry.
Gabriella is tenacious, hardworking, and always up for an adventure. She has a fun-loving and kind nature loves working with people and makes a great cocktail, always making sure you have a refreshing drink in hand. Gabriella loves to lend a hand in making unforgettable experiences for guests in and out of the water whether it be taking them on an unforgettable dive or making them a cocktail while the sun sets. Gabriella can’t wait to share the beautiful Zingara experience with her crew and the guests doing her utmost best to make the experience an incredible and unforgettable memory.
- Seasonal fresh fruit salad, homemade granola, and freshly squeezed juice
- Warm crusty Cobb loaf, breakfast muffins
- Selection of jams and homemade Seville marmalade
- Eggs any way
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, and capers on a toasted bagel
- Sweet or savory crepes
- Avocado/Mushroom toast, roasted cherry tomatoes, balsamic reduction, and rocket
- Eggs/Portobello Benedict or Florentine on a toasted muffin
- Traditional English breakfast, eggs any way, Bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, sautéed mushrooms, roasted vine tomatoes, and avocado
- May be served as individual plates or buffet style
- Smoked salmon and leek quiche, summer greens
- Chimichurri Sirloin, heirloom tomato salad
- Sous vide chicken Ceaser salad
- Roasted black bean burgers, mango and tomato salsa, cajun wedges
- Fresh local fish en papillote, tomato, and herb buckwheat salad split dressing, and poached egg
- Salmon fishcakes, roasted butternut, and pomegranate salad
- Garganelli pasta with chorizo and peas
- Smoked salmon blinis, chive, and cream cheese
- Mushroom, spinach, and goats cheese Vol-Au-Vents
- Roasted and stuffed prosciutto wrapped fig
- Stilton and chutney rarebit on rye
- Devils on horseback peppered blackberry sauce Bruschetta with ricotta, quail eggs, and chive
- Charcuterie: A selection of local meats, cheeses and olives, chutneys, and artisan bread
- Beef Wellington, sautéed kale, potato fondant, and rosemary jus
- Local fresh fillet, asparagus bouquets, saffron rice, and lemon white wine sauce
- Fillet steak with Cafe de Paris butter, cauliflower puree, carrot en papillote, and sweet and smoky potato wedges
- Sous vide duck breast, potato dauphinoise, braised red cabbage, and passion fruit sauce
- Butternut squash, leek, and ricotta lattice pie served with dressed leaves and new potatoes
- Pork tenderloin, orange and brandy cream sauce, sweet potato puree, tender stem broccoli Fresh grilled prawns, mushroom and truffle risotto
- Chocolate, rum truffle torte, fresh cream, and berries
- Tropical Eton mess, lemon curd cream, and passionfruit sauce
- Spiced apple crumble, custard, and vanilla bean ice cream
- Tiramisu, blackberry compote
- Raspberry and whiskey cream pots, homemade shortbread, and fresh cream
- Irish cream chocolate mousse, chocolate art, and baby bushwhacker
- Lemon Tart, berry coulis, mirangue pieces