British Virgin Islands
76 ft sailing catamaran
Accommodates up to 10
1 King suite and 4 queen ensuite cabins**
SCUBA diving onboard
ZINGARA’s name comes from the legend of Countess Zingara, which is Italian for Gypsy woman, who had a life of notoriety and tragedy wandering Africa.
ZINGARA is a Matrix 76 ft sailing catamaran ideal for large groups or two families. There is a giant open-air flybridge for additional space that even has an outdoor Jacuzzi! 10 guests are accommodated in 1 King stateroom, 4 queens. **One queen cabin that can be changed to 2 twin beds. All sheets and blankets are new, and you can enjoy luxurious comforters and bathrobes. Lounge in the steamship recliners on the sky lounge.
The forward-facing master suite occupies most of the width of the yacht and boasts a spa tub for ultimate relaxation. In addition to the standard water toys, there is a Hobie Cat on the yacht which guests can enjoy. ZINGARA is crewed by an energetic crew of 4, Captain, chef, mate & stewardess.
*For Rates, see PRICING Tab below – Holiday weeks may differ, please enquire!
CAPTAIN MARK & CHEF STEPHANIE
Having been born in Cape Town, Mark moved to New Zealand in the early 90s where he has been heavily involved in the local yachting community on various racing yachts. Thus, he can learn all the fundamentals of driving high-performance boats.
Feeling the need for a change in direction, Mark sailed from Cape Town to the British Virgin Islands 3 years ago. Soon he fell in love with the charter industry where he has been able to transfer that love of boats and the ocean into an exciting career and adventure.
In his downtime you may still find him on the water fishing or diving, but if not he’s bound to be in the snow or behind a good book. You can expect the very best experience with Mark on Zingara for a safe and exciting once-in-a-lifetime trip.
Stephanie was born in the south of France and always loved the sea from a young age, she taught herself how to swim at the age of five.
Her free spirit took her on a never-ending journey around the world tour as soon as she finished school and culinary studies, and she used her skills to work at the same time. Hence, her cuisine is influenced by many flavors of the world. She studied culinary arts in France and really started to love it and dived into it with the New World cuisine, such as Australia and New Zealand. She has discovered new technics and was excited about the variety of products in those different parts of the world.
Once confident enough with her skills, she decided to go and try herself at sea and very naturally ended up working on yachts.
A few years ago she took a break and bought a house in Greece and adopted two cats. She really missed the Caribbean and when the opportunity presented itself on Zingara, she couldn’t wait to get back on the ocean. During her free time, she likes to do yoga, and long walks in nature and is enjoying the challenge of learning to free dive. She also enjoys a good dinner with wine and company and exploring local flavors wherever that may be.
She is happy to cater to your needs and different diets, using all the local and seasonal products that the BVI offers.
DECKHAND & DIVE INSTRUCTOR JAMES
Originating from the south coast of England, James has never been too far from the ocean. After being taught how to scuba dive by his father and gaining an overwhelming urge to see the world, James traveled to Thailand to become a scuba instructor where he would spend the next 5 years mastering his craft.
To gain a better understanding of the diving industry, he then moved to places such as the Cayman Islands, Barbados, Bahamas, and Mexico where he would gain much experience and simultaneously, realize a love for the Caribbean as well as, discover a real sense of adventure that would be working on boats. James has set a goal of becoming a captain and one day owning his own boat.
STEWARDESS & DIVE INSTRUCTOR ERIN
Erin was born in Mexico City and moved to Europe when she was 13. She obtained a degree in Hospitality and Business Management in Valencia, Spain. After spending a few years working in the hospitality industry, she embarked on a journey to Japan to spend a year in a silent Buddhist monastery where she learned to connect with nature which in turn, helped her decide on her next venture: moving to Thailand and starting a career in the scuba diving industry. Once she became an instructor she worked in different countries sharing her love for the ocean. She is now combining her two passions while working in the yacht industry and being a part of Zingara’s crew.
- Seasonal fresh fruit salad, homemade granola, and freshly squeezed juice
- Warm crusty Cobb loaf, breakfast muffins
- Selection of jams and homemade Seville marmalade
- Eggs any way
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese, and capers on a toasted bagel
- Sweet or savory crepes
- Avocado/Mushroom toast, roasted cherry tomatoes, balsamic reduction, and rocket
- Eggs/Portobello Benedict or Florentine on a toasted muffin
- Traditional English breakfast, eggs any way, Bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, sautéed mushrooms, roasted vine tomatoes, and avocado
- May be served as individual plates or buffet style
- Smoked salmon and leek quiche, summer greens
- Chimichurri Sirloin, heirloom tomato salad
- Sous vide chicken Ceaser salad
- Roasted black bean burgers, mango and tomato salsa, cajun wedges
- Fresh local fish en papillote, tomato, and herb buckwheat salad split dressing, and poached egg
- Salmon fishcakes, roasted butternut, and pomegranate salad
- Garganelli pasta with chorizo and peas
- Smoked salmon blinis, chive, and cream cheese
- Mushroom, spinach, and goats cheese Vol-Au-Vents
- Roasted and stuffed prosciutto wrapped fig
- Stilton and chutney rarebit on rye
- Devils on horseback peppered blackberry sauce Bruschetta with ricotta, quail eggs, and chive
- Charcuterie: A selection of local meats, cheeses and olives, chutneys, and artisan bread
- Beef Wellington, sautéed kale, potato fondant, and rosemary jus
- Local fresh fillet, asparagus bouquets, saffron rice, and lemon white wine sauce
- Fillet steak with Cafe de Paris butter, cauliflower puree, carrot en papillote, and sweet and smoky potato wedges
- Sous vide duck breast, potato dauphinoise, braised red cabbage, and passion fruit sauce
- Butternut squash, leek, and ricotta lattice pie served with dressed leaves and new potatoes
- Pork tenderloin, orange and brandy cream sauce, sweet potato puree, tender stem broccoli Fresh grilled prawns, mushroom and truffle risotto
- Chocolate, rum truffle torte, fresh cream, and berries
- Tropical Eton mess, lemon curd cream, and passionfruit sauce
- Spiced apple crumble, custard, and vanilla bean ice cream
- Tiramisu, blackberry compote
- Raspberry and whiskey cream pots, homemade shortbread, and fresh cream
- Irish cream chocolate mousse, chocolate art, and baby bushwhacker
- Lemon Tart, berry coulis, mirangue pieces